• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieMy Dune

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Syberia is now out on the Nintendo Switch (released 20th of October)

Total Posts: 111

Joined 2006-09-08

PM

I don’t have the Switch version of Syberia (only the PC version) but having viewed some gameplay on Youtube I have some concerns about the port.

There’s even a post on Reddit about it, I’ll just copy the text from that reddit post to save me too much typing (have had to edit a bit due to this forum not embedding vids at set timestamps) as I share the same concerns and observations -

“I don’t know what the devs were thinking with the dialog box popping up like it does - firstly, why is there so much wasted black space? Secondly, why does it pop up and down like yoyo? The original never did that

For example, here’s the PC version at a specific point:

go to 3 minutes 10 secs

and the Switch version at the same point:

Go to 3 minutes 14 secs

the dialog box area is noticeably larger on the Switch version, but the box popping up and down like that is ridiculously distracting, the dialog and the black box should just fade in and out.

In addition to the above, there is no lip sync at all! The mouths of the people in the game don’t move!

On the above links, go to about 19 minutes on the PC version and about 23 minutes on the Switch version - notice that the guy’s lips don’t move on the Switch version.”

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I think the dialogue box might actually be roughly same size, but the font in Witch version is a bit smaller. Also, what affects on it is, that on the PC version the text is, if there’s the only line of it, centred in the middle of the box and there’s same sized space above and below it, whereas the Switch version has a large empty space below a single line of text, making the area look too big.

What makes it stand out more is the fact that they’ve opted to make the dialogue box pop up instead if fading in and out.

Joined 2006-09-08

PM

The dialog box is definitely larger, you can compare the same moments in the videos that are linked to, notice how it’s “taller”.

But yes, the main problem is the box dancing up and down when it appears and disappears. I was thing of buying the Switch version but I’ll wait until this is fixed.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

That seems indeed annoying. Do you know of any more issues with the port? Was thinking about getting the bundle when Syberia 2 was released in December

Joined 2006-09-08

PM

wilco - 21 October 2017 04:48 PM

That seems indeed annoying. Do you know of any more issues with the port? Was thinking about getting the bundle when Syberia 2 was released in December

My observations are just based on that 30 minute video that I linked to, I’d be surprised if there weren’t any more problems based on this. Hopefully not though.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top