• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

rtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Myha: Return to the Lost Island [formerly RealMyha] From the creators of ASA and RoonSehv

Total Posts: 487

Joined 2012-10-03

PM

Yes Myha for the first time in the Black Cube series will be full3d (or real-time 3d), you’ll be free to move and rotate the view everywhere, to explore the island in every detail.

Boïnihi will probably be my last game in 1st-person 2D, and I will try to simplify the gameplay a lot.
I liked to create games in 2d because
- it was closer to the skills and techniques I master the most,
- I suffer of motion sickness in full3d games,
- I never had a powerful PC
But it’s probably time to stop! I seem to be not very good at creating something that is not disorienting.

(I never know if you say full 3d or real-time 3d or both in English?)

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

Simon_ASA - 19 March 2019 07:24 AM

(I never know if you say full 3d or real-time 3d or both in English?)

I’d use both but I’d mean different things by them. “Full 3D” as opposed to a slideshow, “Real-time 3D” would suggest something moving or time-sensitive in the gameplay in addition to the visual presentation.
Though I can understand ‘real-time’ being used to mean the graphics were rendered on the fly as would be required for free movement.

Joined 2012-10-03

PM

Great, I understand now Wink Thanks Phlebas.

Let’s make it simple to remember with a shortcut like ‘FPS’ or ‘RPG’:
in our case it’s a FP RT F3D AG (first person real-time full 3d adventure game)
Easy!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

...and you’re playing as an AFGNCAAP, right? Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2012-10-03

PM

Yes Dalboz Smile

Total Posts: 51

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

Hello, everyone!
I had some very big last-minute problems with the game….
but it seems they’re fixed! I mean, they’re fixed.

If all goes well, finally, the game will be released tomorrow for the backers!

so see you soon!
Thank you AdventureGamers for your support! You are so great!
bye

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

Awesome news Denis!  Thumbs Up

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

Upload in progress: 50% ... with my 2.5Mb upload… 2 or 3 hours… and it’s good !! loool
soon Smile

Total Posts: 330

Joined 2017-08-15

PM

If you guys chose a different company name (I would have gone for “Cyan” but that’s just me) you could have asked for $1,200,000 on your kickstarter instead of a paltry €6,000.

Member of the NAALCB - (North American Anti- Lobster Cop Brigade) since 2019.

Joined 2012-10-03

PM

Ahah, yes you’re right Donuts Mc Gee! When I see that Firmament got more than 10 times our funds in the first day! Incredible.

Well it’s better to start small and work with passion Wink We are happy with what we created for Myha, even though we know our limits.
Now the most important is to see if adventure fans will like the result! We have quite a good feedback for the moment with the backers who play in private. The fans of Myst seem to enjoy the game.
When we will have improved a few things/issues for the next update, it should be very nice to play for everyone who likes logical-solving puzzles and exploration.

If after finishing Myha you guys think it was worth playing it, then it will confirm the success of this first cooperation between us and we can try to do better in the future!
When I see where I started with ASA in 2013 (working on my own in the attic on an old laptop computer), I find that every two year there has been a nice progression. RoonSehv: NeTerra too was an exciting game and soon Denis will go back to work on the sequel RoonSehv: Experimentaliis.
For Myha we were a team of 3 (production, development and music) and for the first time of our life as game creators we had funds! This was quite an evolution!
Of course everything was not perfect: we worked at distance and there has been many issues to deal with (sometimes related to the lack of money, but mainly due to the fact that we were a too small team with a ton of work) but we know that the finished game is already much better than what we had in mind at the beginning of the project in 2017. It’s more than just a 3d remake, it’s a complete reboot with many new puzzles and a lot of things to discover. This happened thanks to the great support we received and which motivated us.
The players of the free original Myha game will still be able to recognize the island, but it really is a Return to the Lost Island (that’s why we chose this title for the game), because almost everything to be done in the game is new.

We really hope you will enjoy Myha. We’ve put a lot of efforts and our passion in it. Thanks again to all of you, it’s important to see that there are people who follow us and who are interested in the game!

Total Posts: 299

Joined 2006-12-04

PM

Definitely your greatest work so far Simon, not that the previous games were bad by any means, its just that this one really shows how far you have come. 15 hours in and loving every minute.

Don’t Hate Me Because I Am Beautiful…There Are Many Other Reasons

Joined 2012-10-03

PM

Thanks Greyfuss I’m glad you like it then!
When you have finished I’d be happy to read your feedback, what you liked and disliked, the things you prefered compared to the other games (and the contrary: what you think was better in ASA), etc. I already know that the gameplay is much better here in Myha at least Crazy

Please just keep in mind that it’s not just “my” work Wink It’s Denis’ project, based on some of my ideas. He was the one behind Unreal Engine, I could only help on other aspects of the project.
Well I suppose that’s how a team is supposed to work!

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

I always have and always will truly admire the hard work, long hours, and incredible dedication that goes into these games. It blows my mind what small teams, sometimes consisting of just one individual, are capable of. It’s these individuals that have and continue to keep the genre alive as well as introducing new and exciting things.

I for one have loved every second I’ve spent back on Myha. I’ve spent over 10 hours on it so far and have yet to finish it simply because I don’t want it to end, lol! Hats off to Simon and Denis for this wonderful experience. Know that it was most certainly worth all your hard work, you should be very proud!  Laughing  Thumbs Up  Thumbs Up

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

Hi!
Happy to have news here too!
I have not lot of new (or just for bugs) lol
But if you play and have fun without problems, it’s very good!
10/15 hours? Very nice!! Lot of fun I hope.

Where are you?

I fix some problem for a futur better version (I hope).

If you have questions, don’t hesitate to post a message here Smile

Have fun!
Bye

Total Posts: 299

Joined 2006-12-04

PM

Fantastic work on Myha Prom361, I am loving the journey and the use of my brain as there just aren’t very many games any more that do this anymore.

Still playing without any problems but I do have one suggestion that I will message you about. Now…back to Myha.

Don’t Hate Me Because I Am Beautiful…There Are Many Other Reasons

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top