• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady KestrelluckyloserTheTMDwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Myha: Return to the Lost Island [formerly RealMyha] From the creators of ASA and RoonSehv

Total Posts: 487

Joined 2012-10-03

PM

Update: The project title is not RealMyha anymore (it was our working title for the Kickstarter). Now we talk of Myha: Return to the Lost Island. It is a total remake/reboot of the original Myha Game!

Hi everyone!

I hesitated during a long time before I finally decided to create this thread: I am always reluctant about being the first one to talk of my own projects, but finally I thought: “there’s the widget on the main page of AG, there’s just been a news about our KS, and there might be people too shy to talk of the game directly with us! (really?) It’s a Kickstarter and we must reach as many people as possible, that’s the rule or we won’t make it!”  Crazy
Let me know if you have questions about the game or our Kickstarter, I’ll stay around here to reply, or I’ll add them to our list of questions for the future FAQ on KS.

RealMYHA
(working title)

About:

RealMyha is the complete remake of Myha, a game that I created in 10 days during the Myst Game Jam on itch.io in january 2016 (link below). The remake will be a first person adventure game in full3d (Unreal Engine) from the creators of ASA and RoonSehv (links below).
So actually what does it mean? That we’re trying to use the best skills from the two of us, in order to work together on this new project. I must say that it’s very exciting for me, and Denis is very, very motivated. We shared a lot of interesting ideas.
Concretely we’ll try to mix the gameplay of RoonSehv, with the puzzles and worlds of The Black Cube series (ASA, Catyph…), with improved and new puzzles, a new soundtrack (and more) in order to create this new game. It will be longer and more complete.

Gameplay:

It will be more or less the same gameplay than RoonSehv and most 1st person adventure games. Yeah, exactly, you don’t have to worry anymore about having the same terrible gameplay than in ASA and Catyph! I can still hear you complain Innocent (Yet I’ve not finished with 2d games!)

Story:

The main storyline of RealMyha will be the same than in Myha (the original game), but we will rework it a little bit, and additionnally we plan to add a secondary quest.
The cutscenes (opening and ending) will also be entirely remade for the occasion. Honestly, even with the same background than the original game, you will see a real difference in RealMyha!

Still need to be convinced? Grin

- Myha (original) was a free short game, with an old-school style. Try it here (walkthrough)
  - If you liked the first Black Cube game ASA, then there is no reason that you won’t like RealMyha!
  - If you liked RoonSehv, you know that we have the skills to use Unreal Engine. Good news: Denis has learned a lot since his first game!
  - If you didn’t play RoonSehv yet, it’s free, give it a try! (walkthrough)
  -  The creator of the Black Cube series, and the creator of RoonSehv, are both already known individually for their past projects. Now they team up to create a new game: isn’t it exciting?
  - You can even try an early demo of RealMyha made in 2016! It is not representative of the final quality, but it can give you an idea…

Please learn more about the project on Kickstarter through the link below, and support us if you like it:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/simonsays-watchplay/realmyha

We’re really counting on you to make it a reality!

Video of presentation:

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2017-10-19

PM

Looks nice, what would you say are the sys requirements for it?

Joined 2012-10-03

PM

Thanks Stratum! We will try to reply to this question in our future FAQ. I hope we will be able to publish it next week because a lot of questions are awaiting. This one is already in the list Smile

However I can try to give you a beginning of answer: we want the game to run even on computers that are not too recent. Denis would tell you better than me, but if you are able to run the prototypal demo called “Myha Realtime” (which can be seen as a kind of short prequel to RealMyha), then the final game should play too - it could just ask a bit more power.

You can find this demo here:
https://gamejolt.com/games/myha-real-time/218416

As soon as possible I will update this thread with more accurate system requirements.

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

This is great news Simon! I’ll be sure to back the kickstarter Smile Also I no longer seem to have access to you guys projects threads at the icehouse forums. Reason I haven’t posted in a while Meh

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Joined 2012-10-03

PM

@Sir Beardalot

That will be great if you can help!

I contact you with PM regarding the Icehouse forums.

Total Posts: 51

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

We hop find your help Smile
thank you to support our work, and soon a new game for you =) i hope !

bye !

Total Posts: 89

Joined 2016-10-04

PM

That looks cool! Good luck with the KickStarter campaign!  :)
(I know it can be stressful…)

Just dreaming out loud: TWITTERA NEAR DAWNPUT A SOCK IN IT!GHOSTS ARE GOOD HOSTS

Joined 2012-10-03

PM

Thank you LeonDaydreamer! Oh yes, it is stressfull! We have no idea if we will make it Smile

Joined 2012-10-03

PM

Yesterday has been a great day! We hope that adventure fans will be as excited as we are!

Total Posts: 298

Joined 2008-06-24

PM

Didn’t know about this until I read this post.  I backed it.

Total Posts: 298

Joined 2008-06-24

PM

I do worry that because the game is so cheap, that the goals will be harder to reach.

Joined 2012-10-03

PM

Hi darthmaul! I saw your pledge yesterday, thanks again.
Regarding our current goal, I think that the upcoming “add-ons” could help us to reach it (anyway there is hope).
These add-ons will be announced soon, probably next week.

Also, the stretch goals will be revealed during this weekend if I am not mistaken. They will probably be hard to reach however, but they will be there mainly to show you what we could add with more help.
The stretch goals, even if they were not reached during the campaign, could eventually still be created during our free time later: we won’t close the door to them, but we cannot promise anything. As a result they could require much more time and efforts to be added, and so they could only be released, at best, several months or years after the release of the game.

For the moment, the most important is to reach the main goal, and make the game possible to finish with the best quality!

Thank you everyone, again and again. You are now 120 backers and we find it impressive!
It is almost half the time before the end of our campaign. With your help we have reached 43% of our goal, so we can still do it! Nothing is lost.

Kickstarter says:

2 629 €
engaged

43 %
Funded

backers

days left

Where do people come from?
1. direct visitors       28 people
2. facebook             21 people
12. adventuregamers.com 3 people

Thank you Adventure Gamers community! Oh and don’t worry, a rank 12th means nothing because we can’t really know the true numbers (many of you are probably listed as “direct visitors”). What is sure: AG is the 2nd gaming site of this list! The only one before is a French forum about Myst, which is normal in our case Wink

Joined 2012-10-03

PM

Hello,

This is a reminder because it is the last 4 days to support us if you want.
We are now funded at 78%, so it would be a shame for our 164 backers if we failed!

Learn more: RealMyha on Kickstarter

Joined 2012-10-03

PM

Last 24 hours and we leave you at peace Smile

Joined 2012-10-03

PM

We’ve reached the goal with success. I hope if will hold! Anyway it’s incredible. Thanks to everyone on AG who supported it the game!!

Total Posts: 114

Joined 2007-08-24

PM

Congrats guys, really happy you’ve made it!
Now get crackin’ and cook up another challenging endeavor for us to fill our notebook-journals with Wink

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top