• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Dalewalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Forum - current state & improvements

Total Posts: 406

Joined 2006-04-21

PM

I just want to agree with the last post read… it’s the only way I read the board. Especially when I miss a few days. The log in issue is the other thing for me. Teeny thing, is it possible to have the notify me via email when someone posts in the thread automatically not ticked instead of automatically ticked? I keep having to unsubscribe to posts every time I reply to something.

The real problem with reality is the lack of background music.

Knightette of the Order of the Caption

Music is what feelings sound like…

Total Posts: 244

Joined 2011-02-27

PM

It’s possible to change that. Have a look here: http://www.adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/10/

Retired AG founder

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

zobraks - 25 May 2012 07:44 AM

To whoever is responsible:

YES, THE FORUM SOFTWARE CAN’T COPE WITH IMAGE THUMBNAILS!!!!

As I said in that thread, it’s not a problem with thumbnails, it’s a problem with URLs with spaces in them (which are an abomination, but still should be handled by the forum software).

Total Posts: 236

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

When I click on my username, I miss not being able to see my Signature, the list of friends made, groups I’ve joined, and who’s visited my profile.

Total Posts: 236

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

Also, I’ve read/noticed a number of members talking about being able to jump to the last post you read. How were you able to do that before? I never even knew you could… Confused

Total Posts: 4254

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Kurufinwe - 25 May 2012 10:47 AM
zobraks - 25 May 2012 07:44 AM

To whoever is responsible:

YES, THE FORUM SOFTWARE CAN’T COPE WITH IMAGE THUMBNAILS!!!!

As I said in that thread, it’s not a problem with thumbnails, it’s a problem with URLs with spaces in them (which are an abomination, but still should be handled by the forum software).

The previous version of forum software (vBulletin) handled those same URLs/links just fine. When one clicked on a thumbnail of a picture - one got a big picture stored on PhotoBucket/ImageShack/wherever the picture was hosted.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I think everything has been mentioned at least once but my uncomfortable list anyway:

1. Jump to new post (I can’t live without this)
2. Jump to top of page
3. Stickies always highlighted or gray
4. Annoying code (/strong instead of /b etc.)
5. Page numbers missing on top of page
6. Crappy spoilers (ugly and the text is still visible)

Then some little things that I don’t need to repeat separately.
Haven’t really used the search option yet so nothing about that now.

EDIT:
Forgot to add the missing thread path from bottom of the page. I’d also like to see the actual headline in the path instead of just “Thread”.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2011-02-27

PM

FYI: Ignore feature should work properly now.

Retired AG founder

Joined 2011-02-27

PM

FYI - I will be more busy than usual over the next week so I may not reply as much or as quickly, but I will continue monitoring this thread and this forum closely.

Addressing the forum issues is likely to take another few weeks, realistically maybe even a month or more. While you might not hear anything about it for a while, know that it’s still a top priority.

Retired AG founder

Total Posts: 1078

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

There are things making new forum less user friendly than how it was before,
hope you can adjust them back rightfully.

1.Doesn’t display threads starter content when hovering mouse pointer on,
2.White background,high contrast tiresome for eyes,
3.No custom user title,
4.Doesn’t display active users anymore.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I’d also like the option (in the preferences) to display more than the default 15 posts per page in a thread.

But this should only be addressed AFTER the page-scrolling links get added at the TOP of the page, as well as AFTER we have a “go to first unread post” option.

I totally get the choice for this forum, though, and I simply LOVE the site itself. Just knowing that you guys are on top of all the forum gripes makes me happy to overlook them for now. So KUTGW! Thumbs Up

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 177

Joined 2003-11-15

PM

Regarding the auto-marking of posts as read: I’m now seeing posts less than a day old marked as read where I’ve never opened that thread (or marked them read). Don’t know if that’s a bug, or if it’s intended to work that way. (If it’s behaviour by design, I’ve already posted a wish to have that time extended.)

You can play my game Frasse and the Peas of Kejick for free! (AG review here.)

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

TimovieMan - 30 May 2012 05:45 PM

So KUTGW! Thumbs Up

I’m Dutch and I was a bit confused by that abbreviation Wink

Total Posts: 68

Joined 2006-06-06

PM

Not sure if this was said before - but if I attach a file (a picture) and click on Preview, it does not show the image in the preview. This defeats the point of a preview.

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

So how are things going with fixing all the forum quirks? What’s the status?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top