• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Quiz: Writing on the Wall - ENDED

Total Posts: 5594

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

You players have 5 more days to figure out these scribblings.  I know you all have the “write” stuff to figure out at least some of them. Smile

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

I too am astounded by how much all of you know…and more importantly, recall.  I’m particularly deficient in the latter when it comes to games.

Sir Beardalot’s post did give me a chuckle and a kick in the recall of when I badly wanted a complicated chemistry set and my parents argued over whether a girl really needed one.  My mom won out and it was glorious.  One simple starter suggestion from the book was making ink in the loveliest shade of blue.  I had noticed that one chemical made things fizz and decided that would make an interesting addition to the mixture.  I expected it would overflow the testube so put a dish down to capture it.  What i didn’t expect is the explosion that resulted in blue spots all over the ceiling, wallpaper, new comforters and everything else in the bedroom.  I yelled for my mom who came rushing in with the most horrified look and said only “Let’s clean this up before your father gets home”.  After that I took the book’s advice not to mix chemicals it doesn’t recommend and also realized my mom was pretty cool.

(We never could get it off the ceiling but I thought it looked great!).

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

That was quite an explosive event, Dara!  You were just a budding Jackson Pollock. Grin

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

Tee Hee Smile

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Dara100—what a great memory. Grin I’m all for blue ceilings too!

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Becky added another point, but no one else has attempted any more guesses.  There are 24 and a half hours left until the deadline if anyone else wants to send me some answers. 

DarkEye - 28
Chrissie - 21
Phlebas - 6
Becky - 4

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

@Dara100, I had a similar experience as well with one of those chemistry sets. I was at a friends house, he had got it for his birthday. Needless to say it didn’t go well either lol!

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Another entry!

DarkEye - 28
Chrissie - 21
Phlebas - 6
Becky - 4
Sir Beardalot - 1

Total Posts: 1666

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

Advie - 28 September 2017 05:52 PM

Go for it Miss, i am in as much as can for sure

Something big is coming from this man, I can feel it! Laughing

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Eddy adds his guesses to the mix.

DarkEye - 29
Chrissie - 21
Eddyc - 6
Phlebas - 6
Becky - 4
Sir Beardalot - 1

Edit:  DarkEye just found the penultimate one! Grin

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’m looking forward to kicking myself tomorrow morning when I see the results for the couple of screenshots that eluded me! (+ all those others!)  Laughing

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

The answers have been posted.  Congratulations to DarkEye for his amazing score, and thanks to those who participated.

Total Posts: 1666

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

Nice score as always, chrissie! Thumbs Up

Thank you for putting this fun quiz together for us, Lady Kestrel! To be honest, I didn’t expect a Nancy Drew game could be in the mix…I was wrong Nerd

There is one type of quiz I would really love to see again, and that’s images from game covers. You’ve already created a few really great cover quizzes in the past.
I’m sure some other members would love to participate. Those covers brings back memories from a good ol’ days. So if you’ll ever be in the right mood to create something like that I’ll be really grateful, Lady Kestrel. Laughing

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Thanks DarkEye but congratulations to you for that near perfect score!  Thumbs Up

I am kicking myself now for not paying a little more attention to some of the screenshots I browsed!

Thank you Lady Kestrel for putting together this very enjoyable quiz which proved to be especially challenging!  Smile

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

DarkEye - 23 October 2017 04:18 AM

There is one type of quiz I would really love to see again, and that’s images from game covers. You’ve already created a few really great cover quizzes in the past.
I’m sure some other members would love to participate. Those covers brings back memories from a good ol’ days. So if you’ll ever be in the right mood to create something like that I’ll be really grateful, Lady Kestrel. Laughing

Your wish is my command, Mr. Eye!  I’ll see what I can russle up for November. Grin

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top