• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Theme of the Week #18 - Just Kid-ding Around

Total Posts: 5589

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

After getting stuck behind a school bus last week and having a couple of little kids wave at me from the back window for the 10 minutes I was following them, I got the idea that it might be fun to focus on children who appear in adventure games.  Of course, many children’s game feature children or young animals as characters, but I can think of only a few adult adventures that have children as characters. 

A few are the protagonists, such as:

Fran in Fran Bow

Anna in Anna’s Quest

and Lilly in Harvey’s New Eyes

Some are non-playable characters, such as:

Acheo in Journeyman Project 3: Legacy of Time (although technically we do play as him because we capture his image with our chameleon suit)

Yeesha in Myst 4: Revelation

and as a baby at the beginning of Myst 3: Exile

At one point in Riven, you come across a little girl who runs away from you, and a young boy in one of the round huts will answer if you knock enough times. 

That’s all that come to me at the moment, but I’m hoping a few more will occur to you.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

perfect theme LadyK

we have also beside ‘Lilly in Harvey’s New Eyes’ another two courageous Lilly(s)

Lil(l)y (looking through) on a very hard journey to save her brother ‘whon i ve forgotten his name)

and Lilly from Ceville which takes that latter negativity all the time, and turns it into clear optimistic childish lovely humor, until she is able to turn him from an evil tyrant king to a good king!

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Great theme, LadyK! Kuidos to you for it! (bad pun, I know)

There’s a wonderful free browser game Anika’s Odyssey and I encourage everyone to play it!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Lily in The Little Acre.
At least 4 of the girls in The Path are still children.
Renie in Silence and Sadwick in the Whispered World.
The protagonist in Among the Sleep is a toddler (nameless? I only remember it’s a boy) with his teddy.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Karlok - 18 September 2017 07:55 PM

Lily in The Little Acre.
At least 4 of the girls in The Path are still children.
Renie in Silence and Sadwick in the Whispered World.
The protagonist in Among the Sleep is a toddler (nameless? I only remember it’s a boy) with his teddy.

And you didn’t mention this boy?:

WHO ARE YOU!! You’re not Karlok!!!

Content

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Says the guy who didn’t even mention his buddy Sadwick….  Tongue

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Yeah, so I forgot about Sadwick. Everyone also forgot about Miette in The City of Lost Children.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I bet you remembered Miette from my playabe female charaters quiz.  Cool

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Beyond Eyes you play as blind young girl
What Remains of Edith Finch has multiple playable characters, some of them children… Neutral
Ico your a young boy with horns saving a young girl
Last Guardian a boy and his (big) pet
Secret of Monkey Island 1 and 2 you play as a young boy at a carnival
The adventures of Willy Beamish you suffer as a brat

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

Lady Kestrel - 18 September 2017 06:00 PM

After getting stuck behind a school bus last week and having a couple of little kids wave at me from the back window

I bet they showed you the finger but you are too nice to say it Smile

Clementine from Castle Wolfenstein

Ana Eberling from The Perils of Man

The Creepy Twins from The Cave

Jerry from The Night of the Rabbit

Women come and go… a highscore lasts forever

Total Posts: 1666

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

Great theme again, Lady Kestrel!

-Simon the Sorcerer
-Sandra And Woo In The Cursed Adventure. Sandra, Cloud and Larissa are playable characters.
-Lucius

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I’m not sure I’d describe Simon the Sorcerer as a “child”, although with his sense of humor…maybe?

Bear With Me - Amber

Bulb Boy - Bulb Boy

Ecoquest - Adam

Finding Teddy - The Girl

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

diego - 19 September 2017 05:43 AM

Yeah, so I forgot about Sadwick.

I’m not blaming you for that, diego. Especially not now after EuroBasket final... Yum  Tongue

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

Oscar - 19 September 2017 08:14 AM

I’m not sure I’d describe Simon the Sorcerer as a “child”, although with his sense of humor…maybe?

Ok, he is 12 just like Jeremias from TNOTR. Sadwick is probably same age too as few others mentioned also.

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

Just to make a really cheerful addition:
Depending where you draw the line, at least some of the sisters in The Path are children.

Total Posts: 5589

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Abnaxus - 19 September 2017 07:24 AM

I bet they showed you the finger but you are too nice to say it Smile

Nah.  It was a kindergarden bus. Smile

There are quite a few more children in games than I realized, but I just thought of a couple more.

Hans in a flashback scene in Syberia

Anna as a child in Resonance

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top