• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

LittleRose

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

RSK Entertainment (Iranian dev) 

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

they are seem really busy these days, but at the same time with 3-4 games developed and pushed into market at one year that is not finished yet, who seem to care?..

never heard one single praise so far about their games, i played Murder in Tehran the original cuz i was excited about it the time of development, to see a middle eastern developer comes forward, and i wrote about it at its review and how every thing sucked with.

at least they first hand should put some effort into English dubbing/voice-over if they are so keen about being a known developer at the global scene of adventure gaming before thinking of developing any new Shit.

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Both of these Murder in Tehran games looked like a lot of fun, so I was really disappointed about the low reviews seemingly mainly due to poor translation issues.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

dumbeur - 01 September 2017 07:44 PM

Both of these Murder in Tehran games looked like a lot of fun, so I was really disappointed about the low reviews seemingly mainly due to poor translation issues.

you say “looked”, but i played the first and i can tell ye there is no fun at it at all,  i am really sad that the site gave Syberia3 1 star and a half as the 1st Murder in Tehran which kinda put them at the same league, but however still S3 has its moments and could ve had at least gotten another star for the values of production. ut anyways that is not out issue here.

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

That’s such a shame. Frown  Hopefully they will get another shot and do a better job of it.

We need as much support for this genre as possible.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

dumbeur - 01 September 2017 08:00 PM

We need as much support for this genre as possible.

sure, but i always hated what i call ‘blind support’ which means i will support this because it is of my beloved genre, which results the whatever con they have not being restrained or corrected ..
i wish to know do they target Iranian players only which is okay if they are playing it domestically, or are they really looking far beyond, being a global dev after-all.

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Does that really happen?  Taking, for example, Syberia 3 as you mentioned, it was crapped on both by journalists of the genre and fans of the genre alike because it was, well, crap.

All popular genres have plenty of duds mixed in with the gems.  I’d rather point and clicks were as ubiquitous as those games and put up with the bad along with the good.  And that they were all dark, murderous detective thrillers. Tongue

I can’t tell you for sure that Syberia 3 was that bad btw because I trusted the reviews; as I do with other genres.

Those people you mention must exist everywhere but I think they’re probably the hardcore outliers.

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

The translations for the original Murder in Tehran’s Alleys 1933 and Alimardan’s Mischief were redone for their respective Steam re-releases.

And of course the new games, Murder in Tehran’s Alleys 2016 and Alimardan Meets Merlin, will both have the better quality translations too.

That’s the benefit of having a publisher (Strategy First) behind them this time.

Haven’t played any of their new releases to know if localization is improved enough, though. It really was awful the first time around.

RSK has more games coming, too.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Jackal - 01 September 2017 08:52 PM

Haven’t played any of their new releases to know if localization is improved enough, though. It really was awful the first time around.

RSK has more games coming, too.

I played the 2016 version of Murder in Tehran’s Alleys. The translation is amateurish, to say the least. It was certainly not done by a native English speaker - as it should have been.

It’s a shame, because it also lends to the “boring-ness” of the game.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top