• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Find the common denominator!

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Is it about getting punched in the head or something like that? That would work for a few of the games. Not sure it works for all, though…

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Kurufinwe - 14 October 2017 02:50 PM

Is it about getting punched in the head or something like that? That would work for a few of the games. Not sure it works for all, though…

No Kurufinwe, it’s not that; it’s something you, yourself, do.
I meant to add this bit in in my last post so I’ll put it in here:

In every game (including Mystery Of The Druids) until this gets done you will NOT be able to proceed further with the game. In some, you’ll be able to do other things but, eventually, you’ll come to a complete halt until this is done.

Life is what it is.

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Do you kill someone?

It definitely works for UaKM, GK2, The Dig and KQ5, but I’m not sure about the others.

EDIT: TLJ too! Maybe??? (Is The Gribbler a person?) And I guess the minotaur in KQ6, if it counts as “someone”. So just BS2 left.

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Kurufinwe - 14 October 2017 03:02 PM

Do you kill someone?

It definitely works for UaKM, GK2, The Dig and KQ5, but I’m not sure about the others.

EDIT: TLJ too! Maybe??? (Is The Gribbler a person?) And I guess the minotaur in KQ6, if it counts as “someone”. So just BS2 left.

For the next 24 hours I won’t be accepting any answers from anyone else but Kurufinwe - Sorry. It wouldn’t be fair as he’s broken the back of it - at last!  Smile

K, you’re nearly right but not yet. Remember I said it needs to be specific as a more generic answer brings in a lot more games.

Life is what it is.

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

More specific? This is tough. OK, who do we kill?

[spoiler]UaKM: Poison the Chameleon, blow up thousands of semi-innocent people in the Moon Child. (Tex Murphy, mass murderer)
BS2: Still no idea who we kill. Just rewatched the ending, and the bad guys don’t get killed by George or Nico.
TLJ: Push the Gribbler into a furnace. (Klacks doesn’t die, and McAllen is Cortez’s doing, not April’s.)
GK2: Shoot Von Zell, push Von Glower into a furnace.
The Dig: Push Brink off a cliff. Actually, he falls on his own. So I have no idea who we’re killing here either. The big doggie thing on the light bridge that we turn off???
KQ6: Enrage the minotaur to make him fall into a fire. Optionally, get the genie drunk on mint so that he kills himself with his own spell.
KQ5: Use a rain spell on Mordack when he’s changed himself into fire. Also, throw a pie at a yeti to make it fall to its death. And make the blue thingie slip on peas and break its neck.[/spoiler]

There’s sort of a theme of pushing people, or people falling to their death, but this doesn’t fit everything. Most are in self defence, but not all. (UaKM feels like the odd man out on both counts.)

I don’t know. I give up.

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Do we kill non-humans?

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

I’m going to let Kurufinwe and Dumbeur come to a mutual agreement about who takes on the next challenge but I have to say I think Kurufinwe should take it on as he provided 90% of the answer but didn’t quite get there (and thanks for using spoilers) and Dumbeur added 5% more but also doesn’t quite do it.

The actual answer is that you kill an animal of some kind. Not humans or humanoids. Non-human yes but not quite how I think Dumbeur meant it. The breakdown is as follows:

UaKM - The Geigger gets zapped

BS2  - The spider at the beginning

TLJ  - The snapjaw when April is with the Maerum

GK2  - Two here, both wolves

Dig  - The dinosaur type creature and, sort of, the turtle although it wasn’t really alive to start with

KQ6  - The Minotaur

KQ5  - The Yeti

The other two Smile
MotD - You have to dig up some worms to feed some birds to get them to move

DW2  - My mistake was thinking you kill the mouse to get its blood but you don’t, you turn it into a vampire mouse. However, since it’s a mouse what’s the betting it’ll run around into the daylight and die? We’re never going to know Smile

Now the big question is: Are you all going to take out the contract on me Wink

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Defo give it to Kuru.  He did all the legwork, and you are correct that I meant more supernatural/mutant/alien than animal.

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Alright, I’ll go next, even though I don’t think I deserve it. (Honestly, I like my idea better. Tongue It feels like there are far fewer games that have you kill people than animals/monsters.)

Anyway, next:

Under a Killing Moon
The Longest Journey
Gabriel Knight 2
The Dig
King’s Quest V

I’m pretty sure BS2 and KQ6 don’t qualify.

Naughty

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve got a touch of Deja Vu here Kurufinwe - is the answer contained within the previous posts concerning the same games?  Laughing

NB Jabod, I thought your common dominator was pretty good! Thumbs Up

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

No, I don’t think it’s been mentioned. It’s one of the many ideas I had while trying to figure the previous one out, but it didn’t fit all the games.

Let’s add a couple more:

Under a Killing Moon
The Longest Journey
Gabriel Knight 2
The Dig
King’s Quest V
Dracula 3
Prisoner of Ice

I’m pretty sure BS2 and KQ6 don’t qualify.

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

chrissie - 15 October 2017 01:52 PM

NB Jabod, I thought your common dominator was pretty good! Thumbs Up

Thank you Chrissie. It would appear that I’ve avoided that contract being taken out on me Grin

Kurufinwe - 15 October 2017 08:03 AM

Honestly, I like my idea better. Tongue It feels like there are far fewer games that have you kill people than animals/monsters.

I can’t agree with that Kurufinwe. Monsters, ok, probably but not animals. That’s pretty rare from my memory. People are far more common. Just off the top of my head I could add Pandora, Orion Conspiracy, X-Files, Black Dahlia and no doubt many more.

Anyway, it’s about time someone had a guess at your list - and guess this is Smile

Is it connected with voice recordings?

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

Nibiru controversially had you strap dynamite to a rat and blow it up.

Jabod - 18 October 2017 10:04 AM

Is it connected with voice recordings?

Ooh, now you mention it I remember wondering about that for the previous one!

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I can’t agree with that Kurufinwe. Monsters, ok, probably but not animals.

Just remembered two more games where you kill animals:
BS5: Attach some explosives to a goat.
Dramfall Chapters: Put a rat in a pneumatic pipe system, to clock it up.

As for Kurufinwe’s list, then all my ideas so far have come up one or two games short.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Iznogood - 18 October 2017 11:16 AM

I can’t agree with that Kurufinwe. Monsters, ok, probably but not animals.

Just remembered two more games where you kill animals:
BS5: Attach some explosives to a goat.

Whilst I always new that there were other games where this would happen I still maintain that they are very few and far between. And BS5 isn’t one of them Izno Smile

You use a sausage with a lit fuse to fake dynamite. No dead goat there I’m afraid

Life is what it is.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top