• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Sierra_On (the) Run - Quiz

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Choose the right answer and send it to me in a PM.
Only the 10th Question needs a straight answer.

The quiz is held for (almost) a day; not exactly 24 hours, is what i mean.

1. Larry Laffer is a ...
1. Salesman
2. Programmer

2. He was Married ...
1. Two Times
2. Three Times

3. Janes Jensen 1st Cooperation with Sierra was at ..
1. EcoQuest
2. KQVI

4. The 1st Sierra Programmer was ...
1. Mark Crowe
2. Ken Williams

5. The 3rd Guys from Andromeda at the Sierra time is ..
1. Mark Seibert
2. Josh Mandel

6. Gwydion is Rosella’s ...
1. Brother
2. Cousin

7. Rosella appears at the king Quest Series ...
1. 2 times
2. 3 Times

8. The Most Selling Sierra ag was ...
1. KQV
2. KQVI

9. The 1st VGA game was ...
1. SQ4
2. KQV

10. North, South, East and West are the original concept of?
Quest for Glory

Good Luck.

Total Posts: 1653

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

Those short quizzes are very cool! I’m pretty weak on this area but I’ll give it a try anyway!
Larry Laffer married? Gasp

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

DarkEye - 04 October 2015 04:43 AM

Those short quizzes are very cool! I’m pretty weak on this area but I’ll give it a try anyway!
Larry Laffer married? Gasp

Thanks, but shame Darki!, how could you not know enough about Larry? Tongue

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

Yeah, I know! Shame on me! Pan
I’m not a huge Sierra fan you know. I did play two Larry games, two from the King’s Quest series, I’ve tried one of the Police Quest games, but didn’t like it too much! I’ve never even try to play any Space Quest games.(I don’t like to play space themed games)

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

DarkEye - chrissie - TimovieMan - Becky - Phlebas

Thank you All for joining This Sierra quiz, it was an honor to have you!

results will be posted after an hour.

So far no one answered number 10 correctly, so here is a Hint :

10. North(Spring), South(Summer), East(Fall) and West(Winter) are the original concept of? ....

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

DarkEye: 9

chrissie: 8

TimovieMan: 9

Becky: 6

Phlebas: 8

——————————

Congrats everyone for taking the time to enjoy this Sierra (on the run) Quiz.

Subjects num#1 and num#10 were meant to be tricky (indeed), and i had some number of debates about num#1 through some of you guys PMs, IT was only answered correctly by Timovieman, while num#10 was only answered by DarkEye and Becky through the last hour of the Quiz life-time,

I wasn’t really prepared to explain them (yea num#10 aswel), so let me get to this tomorrow early with full details about why they were like this (see OP) and not like that! Grin.

Good night everybody, and thanks to you, this quiz was fun while it lasted.

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

Thanks for the quiz, Advie! I’ve learned a few things about Sierra world! I want a sequel(s)! Congratulations to you Timothy, for the second win in a row! Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Congrats to DarkEye and TimM! And thanks Advie for a refreshing quiz. It’s good to be the caboose sometimes.  Mini Smile

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Odd, I thought it was well-known that Larry was a software salesman. Why is there debate about this? Did they retcon it in Reloaded?

I’m still puzzled about #10, but I may have just misinterpreted the entire thing. I’ll read the explanation tomorrow… Tongue

Thanks for the fun quiz, Advie! Thumbs Up

And congrats to DarkEye for winning this one as well. You’re raising the expectations for the Autumn AG Challenge. Wink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

TimovieMan - 05 October 2015 06:18 PM

And congrats to DarkEye for winning this one as well. You’re raising the expectations for the Autumn AG Challenge. Wink

Maybe, if this tournament would be just about screenshot guessing…. Meh

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

DarkEye - 05 October 2015 06:44 PM

Maybe, if this tournament would be just about screenshot guessing…. Meh

Nah!  What fun would that be?  Wink

I’m sorry I didn’t get to respond, Advie.  My Houdini dogs escaped again, and I had to chase them around the neighborhood last night.  I looked at all of them and would have gotten 3 right without guessing.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Out of curiosity: I don’t get question 7. Rosella appears in King’s Quest III, IV, V, VI and VII. So shouldn’t that be 5 times?

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Thanks for the fun quiz Advie & congrats to Darkeye & Tim!

TimovieMan - 05 October 2015 06:18 PM

Odd, I thought it was well-known that Larry was a software salesman. Why is there debate about this?

I haven’t played any of the games mentioned in the quiz so had to rely on doing a little research rather than blindly guessing! I came across 2 fictional biographies for Larry which both stated that Larry was a programmer (before the 1st Larry game) + there’s some info in Wikipedia where Larry is also listed as a fictional programmer.
Not having played the games myself I already said to Advie that I wasn’t going to argue about it!
Actually I’m quite pleased with my score considering I haven’t played the games but I didn’t quite get my head around no 10!  Smile

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

Wikipedia steered me wrong there too, Chrissie! But I also haven’t played the Larry games - maybe that’s the job the Wikipedia article mentions him getting fired from and now he’s a salesman.

Thanks for the quiz, Advie!

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Num#10 :

The locations visited within the tetralogy (Quest for Glory) were to correspond with various other symbolic cycles of four, such as the 4 classical elements, the 4 seasons, and the 4 cardinal directions:-

Somewhere between finishing Trial by Fire and cranking up the design process for Shadows of Darkness, Lori and Corey realized a fifth chapter would have to be added to bridge the games. That chapter became Wages of War….

“Wages of War (Tarna/QFG3) is the bridge and broke the rules. It was in Fricana, which is Africa. We added Wages of War to the series because the game called for it.
So we broke our own metaphor” - Lori & Corey Cole.

Num#1 :
Its a tricky question, but if anyone would want to debate and take Wiki as ‘the’ reference, must understand that Wiki is inaccurate (of this point) to be precise, they made an assumption of Larry occupation, on what Al said of the-never-released-Larry 4, where ‘hypothetically’ Larry works for Ken Williams, to makes Larry 4 instead of Al, but then he loses the flobbies.
but Larry originally was (before even traveling to lost wages at LSL1) a Traveller Software Salesman, and since this all about LSL4 is an illusion, and we can’t be sure since we never seen it Grin, Larry main/original job remains.

If you still need more prove, watch this Video

P.S: About Kuru’s Point up there considering Num#7 and Rosella, he is right, and i glad that didn’t make any troubles through this quiz, as i already meant, Rosella appears (in-game) at the king Quest Series..

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Advie - 06 October 2015 05:22 AM

P.S: About Kuru’s Point up there considering Num#7 and Rosella, he is right, and i glad that didn’t make any troubles through this quiz, as i already meant, Rosella appears (in-game) at the king Quest Series..

So everybody got both #10 and #7 wrong…??

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top