• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Wormsie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Gibbous - A Cthulhu Adventure - Out on Steam and GOG

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

any news about the release date, or the Demo, Underhill?

Total Posts: 601

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Hi Advie!

Happy to say everything in the demo other than secondary character voices is up and running - graphics, animation, music, interactable objects, etc. We’re now in the process of introducing conditions (can’t pick up X until talked abou y, stuff like that) - this should take about a week or so. What’s left then is getting the rest of the voices and testing it to make sure there are no progress-breaking bugs aaaand that should be it.

So I know I’ve said it would be earlier before, but we want to make sure it’s as bug-free and polished as possible.

Until then, you can check out what the main menu looks like by clicking below:

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

that s something to look forward to, loved that kitty Grin

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

So guys, after saying “I think it’s done!” a few times and being proven wrong and going back to it etc, I think the demo’s really done this time. We’re in the process of testing it, but since we have no dedicated testing team it will probably take a while.

Having to do contract work on the side doesn’t help, either (actually it’s been “doing Gibbous on the side, sigh), but the good news is that we’re pretty confident March or April will be Kickstarter time for us. Woohoo!

We’ve been pretty reluctant to giving out the demo so far, but I’m pretty sure I want adventure fans to get a chance to play it well before we launch, looking forward to sharing it with you guys.

Ok that’s it, time for me to go back and go through this dialog tree the 42nd time this week Smile

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Hey guys! Here’s a process gif for one of the rooms, namely the Miskatonic Library interior

I know I’ve been crying wolf for a while now, but the demo really IS coming in a couple of weeks. Honest! Smile

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

Looks great, I love libraries! Do you still have plans to launch kickstarter campaign at some point (march/april)?

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Ahenobarbus - 07 March 2016 10:23 AM

Looks great, I love libraries! Do you still have plans to launch kickstarter campaign at some point (march/april)?

Yep! Can’t absolutely confirm it because we can’t do a KS from where we live so we have to pull some favors, but the plan is to have it in the first week of April, so help us Yog Sothoth.

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

Ok, super! Hopefully everything goes smoothly Smile I will definitely back Gibbous on kickstarter. Good luck!  Thumbs Up

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

As we draw nearer to the campaign, thought I’d share another work in progress.

This is the stinky harbor of Fishmouth, here in an early stage.

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Great news! Kickstarter is just a couple of weeks away.

In the meantime, check out our official website, live now:

http://gibbousgame.com/

...aaaaaand the Kickstarter teaser!

(I have no idea if video embedding is at all possible, please just pretend I did that Smile)

Thanks for having patience with this project! Smile

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Awesome teaser!
“From the mind of some dude you haven’t heard of yet” is wrong - everybody knows Mr. Underhill Smile
Will back for sure.

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Thanks Wilco! We’re both excited about and terrified of Kickstarting, so we’re gonna need all the help we can get. I appreciate it! Smile

I will also probably post the draft campaign page when it’s done so I can get feedback from you guys, we’re still putting the finishing touches on the video pitch, page graphics, etc.

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2010-02-08

PM

Exciting! Also, that parallax scrolling on your website looks amazing…!

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

WooT! Glad you like it Laughing

Total Posts: 68

Joined 2016-01-06

PM

Looking good, and I loved the jokes!
My favorite was the in-game dialogue about bothering everyone. Wink

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top