• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Casual Game Playthrough #12 - Surface: The Noise She Couldn’t Make

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Welcome to the playthrough of:

Surface: The Noise She Couldn’t Make is the 2nd in a series of now 7 games but with only the 1st 4 using live actors & FMV sequences.

You play in 1st person perspective as a psychic hired to delve into the mind of a comatose 20 year old girl on life support who was found in the woods with a blood covered knife next to her.  As such most of the game play involves solving inventory-type puzzles, stand alone ‘mini-games’ along with quite a few easy HO scenes within both the ordinary & bizarre environments of the girl’s mind to find the root of her trauma. 

It’s a comparatively short game consisting of only 4 chapters with the story nicely wrapped up if you choose to just buy the SE.  The bonus chapter in the CE is a very nice addition but not necessary if you don’t want to stretch to it!

To start with I thought you could have until this time on Saturday 29th August to install the game & watch the prologue up to the beginning of Chapter 1: Fever. 

Please can you let me know when you get there, whether you’ve played the game before & what Edition you’ve bought!  If everyone’s ready to go tomorrow we’ll start earlier!

After that I’m envisaging playing 2 chapters at a time over 2 days - does that seem okay?

It’s an interesting game so I hope you enjoy the playthrough & I’m looking forward to your thoughts! Smile

NB Please can you pin the thread!

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I’ve played through (well, mostly watched) the prologue. This is the second time I’ve played this game. I have the SE version.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Thanks Becky, yes! you do watch the prologue so I’ve edited now! The SE is enough to complete the story!  Smile

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

SE loaded. I’ve also played it before.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I also have the SE for this one.  It has been awhile since I played it, so I don’t remember much about it.  I viewed the intro and am ready to go.

By the way, Big Fish has a special bundle sale going on until tomorrow.  If you buy the CE version of the new Hidden Expedition game, you can add more CEs for $4.99.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 343

Joined 2012-03-13

PM

I have the SE loaded and have watched the prologue. I have played it before a while back and am looking forward to playing it again.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

SE version installed and prologue watched.

Before I bought (and voted for) the game, I played through some of the demo part, but I will start a new game from the beginning.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

For those of you that are interested. When you uninstall a BFG game, there are some remnants left on your HD. I won’t go into registry cleaning, but there’s still a lot of stuff. It’s how the game knows where to start once you’ve played and bought the demo. There’s some HD space being used for games you don’t even have loaded. If you want to get rid of that clutter….

In Windows7:

Click start
Click Computer
Click on the active drive (Usually C:)
Select Users
Select (Tim) ..... Obviously whatever your user name is
Select AppData
Select Roaming

In addition to a bundle of other stuff, you will find your game directories. You can delete as much as you want. It’s great, for example, if you want to restart at the beginning of the game and not where the demo left off. It’s also great if you just want to free up some HD space. Don’t fear! If, sometime in the future, you decide to reload a game, (as I had to do for this game,) BFG will re-create the directory.

I don’t know what the file structure is for Win8 or Win10. But I’m guessing it’s similar.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 14

Joined 2015-08-27

PM

I just downloaded the game, I’ll be playing through with you guys. I’ll watch the prologue tonight!

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Welcome, Oosaji!  It’s nice to have you along for the playthrough.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Thanks to all who have ‘reported in’ so far - it does seem that most of you have played the game already!  Laughing & welcome oosaji!

A couple of voters are still absent but so no early start but we will begin tomorrow at roughly 5pm. I’ll post some pics of the prologue but I have a slight change of plan in that we will play the 1st chapter to start with & complete by Sunday evening (if poss as it’s the weekend), play the next 2 chapters over a couple of days & after that a day + to play the last. In the few days after that we can discuss the bonus chapter if anyone wants to but as said it really is an addition!  Smile

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I’ve installed the game and watched the prologue.

I have the SE. This’ll be my first time playing the game.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I have the SE installed and will watch the beginning tonight.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Sorry for the slight delay!
I think all of us now have the game installed & hopefully watched the prologue where we learn that a young girl, discovered by a passing motorist, was found in a comatose state with a bloody knife next to her but with no apparent injuries, taken to hospital & you, as a psychic hired to reach inside the girl’s mind to find out what’s happened to her.

Chapter 1: Fever

I thought we could try & complete this 1st chapter by about 10 PM tomorrow evening (AG time)! 

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

chrissie - 29 August 2015 01:48 PM

I thought we could try & complete this 1st chapter by about 10 PM tomorrow evening (AG time)!

I’m not sure I know what AG time is. If it’s 3:00PM in Chicago, what time is it in AG time?

Anyway, I’m guessing that this is the end point for the first day.

If so, I have arrived.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

rtrooney - 29 August 2015 03:24 PM
chrissie - 29 August 2015 01:48 PM

I’m not sure I know what AG time is. If it’s 3:00PM in Chicago, what time is it in AG time?

Anyway, I’m guessing that this is the end point for the first day.

If so, I have arrived.

Looks like you’ve finished the chapter already Tim! I haven’t got a clue about the times except it’s about 14 - 15 hours from the time of your post here .... mmm…. roughly about 5.00PM Chicago time?!  I forgot to say play until you reach the beginning of Chapter 2 as it’s quite clearly stated. (Please bear with me as it’s my 1st time of leading & I feel completely out of my comfort zone!  Smile ) Thoughts so far on the prologue & the 1st chapter…...?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top