• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

DalediegoLady Kestrelrtrooneywalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Tuesday 28 August 2012

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Does anyone know what happened to Wicked Studios, the developers of Keepsake? They made this one game and then disappeared.

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Never heard of them /or/ this game. Any good?

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

The made a strategy game for the DS after Keepsake.

My guess is that they didn’t make any money and folded. If you check on the founders on Mobygames you see they are all working for another company now. (Making Game of Thrones games)

On the Keepsake game. I had to give up on the game after I encountered a bug that meant I couldn’t do a certain puzzle without it crashing.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 132

Joined 2007-02-10

PM

As much as I loved the premise of the game, it suffered from the Syberia-like pain of having far too much walking (and hardly any comments on things in the backgrounds) making the whole thing feel like a chore.  If someone sped it up and muted some of the more annoying voice-over guys, it’d be a good game.

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

I liked Keepsake. Very nice, good looking game with a lot of clever puzzles.
I believe it’s a nightmare for the orientation impaired (not me, I had played it before the in-game map was available).
I liked the dog/cat/servant sidekick but failed to feel (much) sympathy for April/Kate/Nina main character.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

One of the best games

(and yes - I haven’t finished it yet Tongue)

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 532

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

Lucien21 - 28 August 2012 11:01 AM

The made a strategy game for the DS after Keepsake.

My guess is that they didn’t make any money and folded. If you check on the founders on Mobygames you see they are all working for another company now. (Making Game of Thrones games)

On the Keepsake game. I had to give up on the game after I encountered a bug that meant I couldn’t do a certain puzzle without it crashing.

THEY made that atrocious Game of Thrones RPG?

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2011-10-09

PM

Ahh Keepsake one of my favorites. I was hoping for sequel but unfortunately it never happened Frown

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

diego - 28 August 2012 01:54 PM

One of the best games

I agree, it really is.

Not perfect, but one of the best post-2000 3rd person games. Having no one around to talk to might not appeal to others - I found it a relief. And yes, Mustavio is awesome Grin

Total Posts: 235

Joined 2004-09-18

PM

I thought Keepsake was a pretty good game too. Some of the later puzzles were extremely challenging. Can it be considered a Canadian game, given that Wicked Studios is based in Quebec? (A Canada-Europe co-production would probably be more accurate. The first time I read the credits, I thought, “Wow, those look like Quebecois names!” Mini Smile) For me, the most tedious part of the game was the constant run-run-running and backtracking by Lydia all over the sprawling school grounds, up and down thousands of stairs, etc. Whew, no wonder she stayed so slim!

Diabolus ex Machina since 1993

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Five posters really liked Keepsake. I hated it, didn’t waste much time on it. I got bored to tears by the endless running around looking for something to do, the terribly cliched writing, that wolf companion, and even by the difficult but uninteresting puzzles.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Keepsake is the exact opposite of RTMI: a 1st-person game masquerading as a 3rd-person game. I enjoyed the first half, but not the second half, due to the confusing layout and the puzzles getting too obtuse for my taste.

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Kurufinwe - 29 August 2012 12:03 AM

Keepsake is the exact opposite of RTMI: a 1st-person game masquerading as a 3rd-person game.

Keepsake is a unique exception to the “rule” that 3rd-person adventures should never be Myst-like, but there are countless 1st-person adventures with inventory-based puzzles and dialogues. Besides, RtMI doesn’t have dialogues.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Never played it, but looks really nice!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Well, I just added another game to my list of games to play…
That makes it n° 143. Crazy

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top