• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04KeybordzLady KestrelTheTMDwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Casual Game Playthrough #11 - F.A.C.E.S.

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Welcome to the playthrough of:

In the introduction, you learn that having special abilities can be a gift or a curse.  As soon as the game begins, you discover what your special ability is and that you are in grave danger because of it.  Your overall goal is to embrace that ability and use it to save others as well as yourself.  Along the way, you will be guided by an entitly with wings whom you will learn more about as you progress through the game.

The gameplay is simple point and click, and you will see a creepy eyeball cursor when something can be viewed in closeup or commented upon.  There are a variety of puzzles to solve, most with an easy to moderate level of difficulty, even in advanced mode.  You will also be gathering inventory items to use as needed, and many of these will come from the numerous hidden object scenes.  However, there are no penalties for using the hint button, especially for those last couple of well-hidden items.  I used it several times during the course of the game without any guilt whatsoever.  Some of the scenes will be revisited, but many times you’ll know which ones they’ll be because you’ll spot an item you may need later. 

The game is a bit less linear than some of the others we have played.  I’m playing the CE version with the strategy guide, and my path differed from the guide in several places.

Install the game and view the rather sinister introduction, then let me know when you’re ready.  I’d like to start the playthrough this Saturday, August 1.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’m now fully installed! - I played the demo a few months ago but can’t remember it - it will all come back to me whenI start playing!  Laughing

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I’m loaded as well. I actually loaded the game in order to get the AGSotD shot. But didn’t consider it to be a contender in the playthrough. So I unloaded it. TimovieMan’s two hands up must have done the trick. So now I’ve re-re-reloaded it.

I would rate the puzzles in the moderate-to moderately hard range. Some of the puzzles definitely get harder as the game progresses.

Edit: I only have the SE as well.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

rtrooney - 30 July 2015 07:43 PM

TimovieMan’s two hands up must have done the trick.

What can I say? Your F.A.C.E.S. AGSotD made the game sound very compelling… Innocent

Locked and loaded, btw. Just the SE, though.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Ready to go. I have the CE version.

Total Posts: 343

Joined 2012-03-13

PM

I’m ready with the SE.

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Ready to go. CE edition.

Total Posts: 118

Joined 2014-05-05

PM

Ready with the CE version.

These days I go everywhere with a carpetbag containing a crowbar, a flashlight, a screwdriver, an oilcan, a ladder, a zipper tab, and a chihuahua.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

It’s time to begin our playthrough.

Sinister people are making you do sinister things, but you can use your special gift to outwit them. 

I think 2 days is enough for the first part, so by Monday, Aug. 3, you should find the first photo, a personal one.  Explore the new area after the cut scene and stop here after you return, just after the cell door puzzle.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

If we start today, what’s our stopping point?

Edit: Scratch that question. Lady K and I were posting simultaneously. Smile

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I just edited the stopping point for the first section of the game.  Otherwise, it would have been too short.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

By the way, the cell door puzzle is a tricky one. 

Spoiler:  Not all the graphics match.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

I still have this game installed from years ago when I bought it.
I’ll play a bit tonight.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Lady Kestrel - 01 August 2015 01:23 PM

Ain’t that the truth. I’ve played this game maybe five times and I still have problems with this puzzle.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

Lady Kestrel - 01 August 2015 01:23 PM

I guessed that it was the bits of engraved design that had to match up, but missed seeing anything on the piece near the center.

Hidden object scenes seem to be blurry in this one.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I installed the game a couple of days ago. I’ll try to get the first part done today. I have the standard version.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top