• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

ShipAntics

Total Posts: 9

Joined 2012-06-17

PM

Hey Adventure Gamers!

I’m a long time reader of the site but a first time poster.
I’m a member of a small start-up games and media company from Ireland. Our goal is to make a 2d point and click adventure game called ShipAntics for PC, iOS and Android.

ShipAntics is only an early concept at the moment but I would love to hear the opinions and feedback of adventure gamers, on what you think of our concept.

You can find our blog at http://www.shipantics.blogspot.com

Thanks for reading   Smile

ShipAntics: The Legend of the Kiki Beast

Check out the ShipAntics website

Follow ShipAntics on facebook

Total Posts: 216

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Beautiful designs and animation! Love the style and the game itself sounds like a lot of fun. Good luck with development and looking forward to play it once it’s released.

Joined 2012-06-17

PM

Igor - 26 August 2012 08:11 AM

Beautiful designs and animation! Love the style and the game itself sounds like a lot of fun. Good luck with development and looking forward to play it once it’s released.

Thanks Igor,
Its nice to hear you like it! Laughing Our background is in TV animation, working on shows for people like Cartoon Network and Disney. So we like to think our strengths are in animation and design.
We’re planing on also making a short web series, that would link into the story of the episodic games and tell characters back-stories and reveal hidden side quest puzzles in the game.
At the moment we’re working on a demo and video and then we’re planning on going to KickStarter to see if we can get some crowd funding.

Total Posts: 216

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Great to hear about KickStarter- you have my pledge Smile

Joined 2012-06-17

PM

Igor - 26 August 2012 12:56 PM

Great to hear about KickStarter- you have my pledge Smile

Awesome, I’ll hold you to that Tongue We have a lot of work to do before we can go to KickStarter but thanks Laughing

Total Posts: 298

Joined 2004-08-15

PM

This looks indeed very beautiful. If the gameplay will be as good as the graphic designs you’re showing so far, then we’ll be in for a treat! A Kickstarter campaign doesn’t sound like a bad idea.

Joined 2012-06-17

PM

ozzie - 26 August 2012 08:57 PM

This looks indeed very beautiful. If the gameplay will be as good as the graphic designs you’re showing so far, then we’ll be in for a treat! A Kickstarter campaign doesn’t sound like a bad idea.

Thanks very much ozzie. All these lovely designs and animation will mean nothing without good gameplay. As first time developers, I think we really have to prove that we can make a great game and that’s why we’re working very hard on making the best playable demo possible before going to KickStarter

Joined 2012-06-17

PM

Hi Guy,
We have setup a Facebook page for our game http://www.facebook.com/ShipAntics?ref=hl
If you like the look of the game, please like our page and keep up to date.

Also I have posted a video of an early test for what the game may look like, on our blog http://shipantics.blogspot.ie/2012/09/game-test.html
It would be so helpful to get your feedback, so we can implement it into the game.

Thanks,
Stephen Smile

Joined 2012-06-17

PM

Hi fellow adventurers,
I just thought I’d update this thread for anyone who’s interested in the development of ShipAntics.
We have been very busy working on a prototype demo and its starting to shape up nicely. It still needs a lot of work but its getting there.

Please check us out on Steam GreenLight if you’d like to see some early gameplay videos.

Also check out our new website and facebook page

Any feed back is a huge help, so please feel free to leave a comment if you have the time. Smile

Here’s a still from the demo.

Joined 2012-11-10

PM

I came across the Tumblr a while back, and it definitely interests me.  It looks and feels a lot like some of the kid’s cartoons that have been around for the last few years, and I like it.  The concept is very solid.  I look forward to hearing more!

Joined 2012-06-17

PM

dactylopus - 17 December 2012 10:21 PM

I came across the Tumblr a while back, and it definitely interests me.  It looks and feels a lot like some of the kid’s cartoons that have been around for the last few years, and I like it.  The concept is very solid.  I look forward to hearing more!

Thanks! We’re very much influenced by cartoons such as Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends and The Amazing World of Gumball, so its great to hear that that comes across. We’ve worked as animators on those shows and we’re trying to bring that find of style into an adventure game.

Joined 2012-11-10

PM

Steky - 18 December 2012 05:35 PM
dactylopus - 17 December 2012 10:21 PM

Thanks! We’re very much influenced by cartoons such as Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends and The Amazing World of Gumball, so its great to hear that that comes across. We’ve worked as animators on those shows and we’re trying to bring that find of style into an adventure game.

I love Foster’s, and that was one of the shows that immediately came to mind.

I wish you guys the best of luck moving forward.  It looks like it will be quite fun.

Joined 2012-06-17

PM

Hi guys, I’m really happy to say that we’ve finally completed chapter one of ShipAntics!!!
It’s taken a long time but we’ve finally did it Smile
The game is coming to IOS the 24th of this month and will be on Android sometime next month. You can check out the trailer on our .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) http://www.youtube.com/user/ShipAntics

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top