• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Moment of Silence(Starforce) and Win7

Total Posts: 514

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

Has anyone made MoM work in Win7?Mine is 64bit but the problem is the protection.Starforce blocks the game from launching because it doesn’t support Vista and win7.I’ve tried the official tool for uninstalling starforce from my comp but it seems it’s not installed and it’s a modified mobile version installed with MoM or sth.
Compatibility mode does not work since the problem lies with Starforce and MoM probably executes fine without Starforce and without compatibility mode in win7.

I’ve tried pirating it but nothing(to avoid any misunderstandings i have bought it).I’ve tried cracks and starfuck(a tool that denies starforce the ability to blacklist a drive) and load a mini image in daemon tools.so far the only on that bypasses starforce is a crack for an italian unprotected version but it throws an error like module crash:cannot read texture,something along those lines.

any ideas?

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Starface killed my PC when I installed Dreamfall. If you reboot the 64bit Win 7 it refuses to restart.

http://www.sevenforums.com/gaming/158656-starforce-protection-update-kills-system.html

I would recommend that you get the No-CD patch from gamecopyworld.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

do you mean exe?because there is no patch there and the noDVD forum entry gives no link to a patch.also i’ve tried some of them but nothing worked.also i have the english version and cracks for different languages rarely work.

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

The CD version of Moment of Silence did a complete install to the hard drive and you didn’t need a game disc in the computer to play the game.

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

DVD version here.and i always do full install so i’d have found it out if that had been the case.

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

I’m just saying if you could find a copy of the CD version, you wouldn’t have to worry about StarForce or putting the disc in the drive.

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

hmm….it’s disappointing when you have a legitimate copy…anyway if i can’t find a way to do that i’ll probably resort to that.i have to play the game sometime.

Total Posts: 25

Joined 2006-06-12

PM

I’d love to be able to play this again too - the Starforce issue is a real shame.  :(

Total Posts: 71

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

jhetfield, have you tried running the 2004 update for the UK version? (I’m not sure myself whether that could help—but I do remember we silently fixed copy protection issues for a couple of releases at the time…)

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

unfortunately it didn’t…..I got it from a third party seller in amazon.co.uk and it’s a DVD version.

Total Posts: 71

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

Yes. That’s the UK release. So… the update didn’t work… Hm. Do you have the nerve for some experimentation?

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

no problem just a minute…..if you want this to be more direct you can talk to me in facebook.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top