• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Favorite TV shows

Poll: Most Overhyped
Total Votes: 42
Breaking Bad
Game of Thrones
Walking Dead
Mad Men

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

UPtimist - 28 May 2015 03:38 AM
wilco - 27 May 2015 10:13 AM

This reminds that I still haven’t seen the new Futurama seasons after the revival.
The first 4 seasons are top animation but the movies after weren’t very good…

Me neither! I’m not sure where I could see them, though? And is there any place to see them for free, or are they all behind some subscription fee, like Netflix or such…

I’m not sure which “clever” person thought of this, but I’ve noticed this problem with the Simpsons. There’s literally no where to watch it in the UK unless you pay for SkyTV - which costs a ridiculous amount - and there’s no on demand service for the simpsons even then as FX hold exclusive rights for an online service to them. Sounds great huh? There’s just one problem with that. It doesn’t work anywhere but in America…

Pan

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

http://www.metacritic.com/tv/true-detective/season-2

Seems to be not like S1 at all.

Started watching Waywardpines, bad version of Alanwake and Twinpeaks.

Total Posts: 64

Joined 2015-04-29

PM

Finally watched the last episode of Daredevil, Season 1. Great fight scenes and interesting cinematography, but a few weak spots on the acting side (Foggy’s the worst offender - probably a very nice guy IRL, but not a great actor). D’onofrio was wonderfully evil as Fisk.

Knee Deep swamp noir adventure: http://kneedeepgame.com

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Brody - 18 June 2015 11:08 AM

D’onofrio was wonderfully evil as Fisk.

Imo, Vincent D’Onofrio is one of the absolute best actors of the past 30 years. He’s just severely underrated precisely because he’s such a good human chameleon that you’ll only recognize him in about a third of all his roles…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2015-02-20

PM

Breaking Bad is my favorite, followed by Two and a Half Man. Personally I’m not too big on Game of Thrones

Start by doing what is necessary, then do what is possible, and suddently you are doing the impossible.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

True Detective Season 2 first episode was meh, second ep is a huge step up.
All the lead cast is acting really good, and all fit in the roles.
Script, writing is heavy handed but that fits TD series style well imo.

However the only drawback is Californian setting, done like a million other times.
One of the reasons why TD season 1, Breaking bad and Bloodline worked for me a lot because, they were situated in different states of Louisiana, NewMexico and Florida respectively bringing the essence, politics and ecosystem of institutions exclusive to them. Just like The Wire brought Baltimore sprawling dynamic to life, was unchartered territory and intriguing.

Hoping for more twists and turns in the season later.

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

nomadsoul - 30 June 2015 08:00 AM

True Detective Season 2 first episode was meh, second ep is a huge step up.
All the lead cast is acting really good, and all fit in the roles.
Script, writing is heavy handed but that fits TD series style well imo.

However the only drawback is Californian setting, done like a million other times.
One of the reasons why TD season 1, Breaking bad and Bloodline worked for me a lot because, they were situated in different states of Louisiana, NewMexico and Florida respectively bringing the essence, politics and ecosystem of institutions exclusive to them. Just like The Wire brought Baltimore sprawling dynamic to life, was unchartered territory and intriguing.

Hoping for more twists and turns in the season later.

You are absolutely right. True Detective Season 1 was the best of that genre I have ever seen. It was riviting…..none of that CGI garbage, but the dialog between Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey was epic. Can’t find that chemistry even in high-budgeted movies.

Season 2 with Vince Vaughn and Colin Farrell have a lot to live up to. Episode 1 was blah, but the setup. EP 2 was much better and like you, I am hoping the momentum keeps growing.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Anyone watching Humans on AMC? It is pretty good so far.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Happy to hear that both X-Files and Twin Peaks are making a return in 2016/2017.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

And Evil Dead!

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Heroes is also coming back. The first season of Heroes was really good, but then it went downhill really fast. Hopefully this time around, they can build on what was good in season 1.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Rick and Morty is highly recommended to fellow AG lovers.
Its everything what Schafer has lost with time.
Adult, clever humor, with great lead characters.
Lovin it.

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2015-07-14

PM

Everything being mentioned is American (at least as far as I can tell).

Does anyone follow any British shows?

I’ve been watching Peaky Blinders on the BBC. It’s set in the aftermath of WW1 in an industrial English city run by gangs, one of which is called the Peaky Blinders, named so because they sew razor blades into their flat caps and use them to whip their foes across the face. Ouch !

Great show, main actor is played by Cilian Murphy and Tom Hardy is in season 2 !

eat my shorts

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

pac_man - 17 July 2015 03:17 AM

Everything being mentioned is American (at least as far as I can tell).

Does anyone follow any British shows?

I’ve been watching Peaky Blinders on the BBC. It’s set in the aftermath of WW1 in an industrial English city run by gangs, one of which is called the Peaky Blinders, named so because they sew razor blades into their flat caps and use them to whip their foes across the face. Ouch !

Great show, main actor is played by Cilian Murphy and Tom Hardy is in season 2 !

Picked up by Netflix for US, will check out , looks good.
Speaking of Netflix, Wagnar goodness

Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Season 2 of Fargo, my favourite show from last year.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top