• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Sunday 5 July

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I’m Joe King. Pilot for hire! You know, that might not sound exactly as iconic as “My name is Guybrush Threepwood, and I want to be a pirate!” or “I’m selling these fine leather jackets”, but Flight of the Amazon Queen is just like a hair metal bend formed at the end of 80s when it was already considered a cliche, albeit with a great album and songs. Released in 1995., and borrowing heavily from the games of the early 90s, FotAQ still managed NOT to look like a copy and undoubtedly entered the hearts of many players.

I remember two things about it - it was the very first game I’ve played after I’ve acquired the new AWE Creative sound card, with the wave-table synthesis and couldn’t believe how good the MIDI music sounded!; and that I had great fun with it (I mean, who wouldn’t, among all those Amazonian booty!).

p.s. you know that it’s free, right?!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

Average game, but I’m afraid forgettable. Nothing really transcendent about it.

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

BTW, I messed up the logo, it should be Sunday Morning Cartoon. Grin Stay TUNED for the updated one!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I haven’t played this one, but it keeps showing up in one Quiz after another. Either a lot of other people have played it, or its scenes are unusually memorable.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I loved this game! It’s even in my top 20.

I consider it the perfect mix between Indiana Jones and Monkey Island. The closest anyone ever got to the classic LucasArts games.

And it’s free! Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Renacimiento - 05 July 2015 06:18 AM

Average game, but I’m afraid forgettable. Nothing really transcendent about it.

What he said. Sorry.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Becky - 05 July 2015 07:58 AM

Either a lot of other people have played it, or its scenes are unusually memorable.

The scenes are quite memorable, and I was always in belief that vast majority of adventure players already played it. There’re various and all imaginable (if clichéd) things to see here - it starts in a hotel, with the “Escape the room” puzzle, there’s the mad scientist, a femme fatale, talking dinosaur… Grin The game is greatly inspired by older comic books and adventurous movies of the late ‘40s and ‘50s… which is also the period when the story takes place.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

I remember playing it back in the 90’s and it was really special. I just don’t recall any of it anymore. Community play through anyone?

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

SoccerDude28 - 05 July 2015 09:57 PM

Community play through anyone?

It’d be one I could lead. Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I’ll join! It’s been years since I played it..

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top