• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Tacoma

Total Posts: 127

Joined 2014-01-05

PM

Set in a space station 200 thousand miles away from Earth, Tacoma tells a story of (astronaut?) Amy Ferrier’s first day on the distant space facility. After much lauded interactive narrative adventure game Gone Home, set in the 90s, Fullbright is going far (or maybe near?) into the future with this title, enabling zero gravity exploration of Lunar Transfer Station Tacoma.

Game was announced by the end of the last year on The Game Awards and the gameplay trailer followed during this year’s E3:

From what I could saw in two trailers, interior design reminds me of part Bioshock Infinite (brighter areas), part Alien: Isolation (darker areas). It seems there are also lots more interactive elements. Arrows that have been pointing the way for Amy also remind me of The Stanley Parable and ghost of station’s members (there should be six of them) of Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture silhouettes. With that said, I hope this time Fullbright will give us complete freedom in exploring station (no more illogically locked doors like in Gone Home) and get rid of superfluous, repetitive puzzles (safe puzzles in Gone Home actually negatively affected my lasting impression).

But what do you think?

I’m very surprised this game doesn’t have a thread (I tried AG Forum search, Google search and traced back forum threads till November, so correct me if I overlooked it somewhere) since this is one of the best rated games on AG site.

Tacoma should be out in 2016, on Xbox One, PC, Mac and Linux platforms.

Recently played: Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons 5/5, Bioshock 2 4/5, Tomb Raider (2013) 3/5 Looking forward to: Gibbous, Saint Kotar

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Gone Home in space sounds awesome.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

lucebend - 30 June 2015 04:22 PM

I’m very surprised this game doesn’t have a thread (I tried AG Forum search, Google search and traced back forum threads till November, so correct me if I overlooked it somewhere) since this is one of the best rated games on AG site.

Besides the teaser last fall, there really hasn’t been much revealed yet, so nothing much to talk about. Thanks for posting the new YouTube links.

I’ll admit, “explore a space station” doesn’t appeal to me as much as “explore a teenager’s house,” but I did love Gone Home and I like how the devs approach storytelling, so I’m cautiously optimistic. Smile

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I think it looks promising. Gone Home was a solid game so I’m interested in what the follow up will be.

Is the character communicating in sign language in the trailer?

Total Posts: 127

Joined 2014-01-05

PM

wilco - 30 June 2015 07:23 PM

Is the character communicating in sign language in the trailer?

I have no idea. Meh Maybe it’s just some kind of special code Tacoma astronauts use.

Recently played: Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons 5/5, Bioshock 2 4/5, Tomb Raider (2013) 3/5 Looking forward to: Gibbous, Saint Kotar

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

It looks really promising even though I don’t have as much of a voyeuristic urge to rifle through a space station compared to ‘90s paraphernalia. I’m feeling a strong sense of isolation in those two trailers though and it seems like a creative opportunity for Fullbright to branch out into wild and weird directions.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Tacoma out next week - August 2nd - on PC (Steam/Gog) and Xbox

Launch trailer

Also good interview on the front page (really enjoying all these recent interviews and articles Thumbs Up )

https://adventuregamers.com/articles/view/33170

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Event0 to Adrift to MIA Routine
So many space sims
There are those VR ones too
Lets see if Tacoma has inspiring hook

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 29 July 2017 11:21 AM

Event0 to Adrift to MIA Routine
So many space sims
There are those VR ones too
Lets see if Tacoma has inspiring hook

I’ve not been watching much media to avoid spoilers but from that trailer and interview there’s something of EGTTRapture uncovering what happened at the space station and some kind of rewind mechanic (I think).

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Reviews coming out

Gamespot 7

Meticulous attention to detail makes even the most mundane things, like a forgotten book in a corner or a bottle of shampoo, captivating, and strong voice acting and writing gives surprising depth to characters who are physically absent from the story itself. But its two levels never really intersect in meaningful ways, culminating in an ending that’s thought-provoking but short of being revelatory.

Polygon 7

The story is built out of the playback mechanic, which gives birth to the subtler suggestions of what’s really going on with this station. But the playback system means there’s a lot of talking to listen to, and a lot of wireframes to stare at. For a game about an abandoned space station, Tacoma gave me plenty of company. But the moments where I had to reckon with being alone in space were the ones that stuck with me.

IGN 8.5

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/tacoma/critic-reviews

MC 80-81

Seems like a walking sim with lack of good environments and interaction
Will grab on deep sale

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2012-12-22

PM

Anyone played it yet?

Story rich DRM-free games for Windows, Mac and linux for direct download - https://fireflowergames.com/. Half the profit goes to projects that benefit the environment and game related projects.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Just finished it, enjoyed it very much. The level of detail is top-notch as expected, and something all “walking sims” should aspire to. If you like Gone Home you can’t really go wrong with this.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Oscar, hadn’t you have an older nice-nick-nicked name that went like adventure-gaming———‘masochist’? or something similar, right?
why do i feel it suits (if it was the case) you now more than it ever did, or let me REphrase that; IT suits NOW more than it did back then. Smile, ma-man!

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Advie, you know no one is more of an adventure game masochist here than me. After all last year I completed both Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture AND all three Ankh games!

Grin

(Actually our old friend Karlok might challenge me for that title since I once heard she made it to the end of Deponia 4, but I don’t believe her and anyway she no longer lives here!)

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I finished it, ending seemed rushed but I enjoyed it. The style is pretty much like Gone Home with the ability to snoop around and pick up everything. I story was ok with great presentation but I wish there was more to it, it’s kind of plain. Because of that I prefer Rapture a lot more and even the recent Edith Finch.

Total Posts: 355

Joined 2017-03-09

PM

wilco - 06 August 2017 05:38 AM

I finished it, ending seemed rushed but I enjoyed it. The style is pretty much like Gone Home with the ability to snoop around and pick up everything. I story was ok with great presentation but I wish there was more to it, it’s kind of plain. Because of that I prefer Rapture a lot more and even the recent Edith Finch.

Aww that’s sweet.

“The most beautiful things are those that madness prompts and reason writes.”

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top