• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

QUIZ: Adventure Game Crosswords

Total Posts: 313

Joined 2014-07-01

PM

So you think you know adventure games? It’s time to put your trivia knowledge and riddle skills to the test in these adventure game themed crossword puzzles that span the entire history of the genre which I have made to both delight and torture you. Probably more of the latter though. These are playable right in your browser or you can download the printable version and fill them out on paper (in pen of course, because you’re that good).

The Mega Madness Puzzle is all 4 crosswords combined in one giant puzzle BTW.

Mirror #1 (Tinyupload)

Mirror #2 (Sendspace)

Browser Version Instructions:
1. Simply click on any empty space and the clue will appear in the upper right side of your browser where you can also input your answer in the space provided. You have to type the entire word in even if there are intersecting letters from other answers.

2. You can check your answers by clicking on the button at the lower left. If any answers are wrong they will be highlighted in red. Watch out for spelling errors, alternate word spellings, etc., as a single wrong letter will mark the entire answer wrong.

3. You can’t really save your progress so make sure you can leave your browser open as long as is needed, especially if you are crazy enough to try the Mega Madness version. I guess you could take a screenshot or something, but you’ve been warned.

————————————————————————————————-

Note that the puzzles are randomly generated and I have no control over word layout, so while I can generate a new puzzle and hope for a better one, I can’t really do anything when a really hard clue only has one intersecting letter from another. Sorry!

Also note that the majority of answers throughout these puzzles are adventure game titles and that all titles have the leading articles (e.g. A, An, The) stripped from the beginning of them.

If you notice any spelling errors, want to rant about how horrible some of my clues are, or simply want hints or outright answers, just post here. It’s possible to fix the former two and I am more than happy to help with the latter two. There is obviously no time limit on any of these, nor is there any score involved, though you are free to post how many correct you get if you are brave enough. Good luck!

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

Sounds great but the links doesn`t work.

Women come and go… a highscore lasts forever

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Sorry D, I’m just getting malware alerts on following your links.

EDIT: I’ve just tried again & got the 1st crossword in printable form - that should keep me busy for a while!  Smile

Joined 2014-07-01

PM

That’s strange. I just checked again and they work for me in both Firefox and IE. It should send you to tinyupload.com and from there you just click on the download link.

What are the exact messages you are getting?

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve just tried the browser link again & it seems to work this time!

Total Posts: 1653

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

Hey D, that’s a pure madness! Everything works fine for me.

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

I`m using google chrome and this is what it shows me after I click the link

Edit: Laughing  Man I see that the link is there for me…Jesus, I`m not a smart man. Everything works fine.

Women come and go… a highscore lasts forever

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

It sure is a big crossword puzzle, but an extremely easy one. The first one, that is. The second one, and especially the third one, are harder. More cryptic descriptions, which makes it much harder for non-natives.  Pan  One of these days I’m gonna do a Dutch quizzie…  Tongue Naughty

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’m doing them one section at a time and am still missing two in crossword #1.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

So much fun thanks for sharing Smile

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I finished #1 but will wait until tomorrow to continue.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 1653

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

Lady Kestrel - 06 June 2015 09:46 PM

I finished #1 but will wait until tomorrow to continue.

I’m almost done with #1 too.Only 22 words missing. Tongue
But I have some nice words colored red!

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Thanks for the quiz, B D!!!
It’s a long time between RG and W, so I’ll give it a try.

P.S. It must be a GREAT quiz.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2014-07-01

PM

As has already been observed, each puzzle is harder than the previous, with 1 being the easiest and 4 the hardest.

In reality, the Mega Madness is the original puzzle and the others have been split off from it. In doing so, the randomization process put most of the easy fill-in-the-blank clues in the earlier puzzles and then ran out of them for the latter, resulting in them being mostly riddles with lengthy answers and few intersecting words. As such, the Mega Madness puzzle is technically easier than the four puzzles done separately due to this, but it’s simply too large and time-consuming for most people, hence why I had to split it up.

If you’re curious, after not looking at the Mega Madness puzzle in about 1.5 years and trying to solve it a couple days ago, I got 396 out of 400 before I caved and looked up the remaining answers. You can’t really compare my results to yours though as my puzzle was randomized differently from the one linked above. It may have been easier in some ways and harder in others.

I will say that one of the four I didn’t remember is actually in the first puzzle. It was “tail wagger”. I only had one intersecting letter (a vowel) in my particular puzzle and it stumped me. I barely even remember that game, let alone that I put it in my puzzle. LOL! It actually is a pretty good clue though…

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

D - 07 June 2015 12:03 PM

I will say that one of the four I didn’t remember is actually in the first puzzle. It was “tail wagger”. I only had one intersecting letter (a vowel) in my particular puzzle and it stumped me. I barely even remember that game, let alone that I put it in my puzzle. LOL! It actually is a pretty good clue though…

That was one of the two that stumped me for awhile yesterday because I couldn’t remember the name of the game.  The other was “not in the office.”  I had forgotten about that game entirely.

I’ll tackle #2 later tonight.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

delete this please
(posted in wrong thread)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top