• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CarlesUruBoo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Pillars of Eternity

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

It feels much closer to Baldur’s Gate than to Planescape: Torment. I mean, there’s a story, but it’s not particularly memorable (from what I’ve seen of it in the ~40 h I’ve played). And some of the companions are interesting, I guess. But it’s not PS:T (nor does it try to be).

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I have actually never played either, so I don’t know how it compares to those.

Whether or not you will like the story, well I guess that depends on taste, but it is a story heavy game, and I don’t think that I am revealing too much by saying that it is centred around hollowborn children (born without a soul), the killing of a god, a special ability that you get and an evil conspiracy.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Iznogood - 17 April 2015 07:39 PM

I have actually never played either, so I don’t know how it compares to those.

What? Looks like you have at least 300h of gaming to catch up! Smile

But seriously, play Planescape!

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

wilco - 17 April 2015 07:58 PM

What? Looks like you have at least 300h of gaming to catch up! Smile

But seriously, play Planescape!

He he, yeah I know.
The thing is that these kind of isometric RPG’s have never really interested me in the past. I decided to give PoE a try for various reasons and now I’m hooked, so I might also give planescape a try - but not right now.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Yeah planescape in particular is a must for adventure fans.. it pretty much has the spirit of an adventure game inside an rpg.

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Just finished the game, and I have to say that I really liked the ending. Especially that last conversation with Iovara kind of flipped the whole theme of the game upside down, in a good way.

But also how pretty much every single decision you made in the game, influences the ending in some way or another, even if they didn’t have much immediate impact at the time, is something that I also loved. (Though I don’t think I will replay it to get different/better endings)

And now, by popular demand, I think that I will give Planescape a try.

Total Posts: 8469

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Iznogood - 21 April 2015 08:28 AM

Prepare to read. A lot. Wink

Also, prepare to have a lot of options in answering questions. The main question in the game let’s you choose one of 16 replies. Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Iznogood - 21 April 2015 08:28 AM

In case you havnt already seen it:
http://www.gog.com/news/mod_spotlight_planescape_torment_mods_guide

That fixes a ton of bugs and restores some quests that didnt make it into the final version. (but definitely some of those patch options you do not want to install. The article explains it well.)

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

TimovieMan - 21 April 2015 04:56 PM

Prepare to read. A lot. Wink

Also, prepare to have a lot of options in answering questions. The main question in the game let’s you choose one of 16 replies. Cool

Well that much it does seem to have in common with PoE, though I think the maximum number of dialogue options in PoE is 8.

So far to me it looks like the main difference between PS:T and PoE is that PS:T is less focused on combat, but I only just started it.

zane - 21 April 2015 06:25 PM

In case you havnt already seen it:
http://www.gog.com/news/mod_spotlight_planescape_torment_mods_guide

Yeah, I read that guide and have the game all modded up.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

You should nominate PS:T for a community playthrough. In most respects, it’s closer to an adventure than an RPG.

Total Posts: 8469

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Kurufinwe - 22 April 2015 12:45 PM

You should nominate PS:T for a community playthrough. In most respects, it’s closer to an adventure than an RPG.

I could lead. Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Man they just keep nerfing the Cipher with each and every update, it’s almost as if someone told them the Cipher was overpowered Tongue

Ciphers now start with 1/4 max Focus instead of 1/2

All I can say is that I’m glad I made my playthrough with the Cipher before this update.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top