• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

kanaifuwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Order of the Thorne by Infamous Quests

Total Posts: 619

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

Hello there! Some of you may know me; I’m from Infamous Quests. Last year, we released our first title, “Quest For Infamy” on Steam, GoG.com, Desura and Humble.  We’ve been working on a couple of new titles since the release of Quest for Infamy and the first one is Order of the Thorne : The King’s Challenge.

Order of the Thorne
Order of the Thorne is an anthology series about a group of Knights and Monks who are charged with doing good and keeping evil forces contained. Each game will have a different protagonist but is set within the same world of Uir, a world of fairys, elves, dwarves, knights and all the fairy tale mythology we grew up with.
“Long ago, in the time before time began, the great realm of Uir prospered under the guardianship of the benevolent order of knights who protected and guided the people of its many kingdoms. These knights were known as “The Order of the Thorne”. The price of peace is not so easily won, for where there is good, evil is not far behind. These are the stories of the Knights and their many adventures.”

The King’s Challenge
Finn the Bard sat strumming his lute in the corner of an old tavern. When word of The King’s Challenge reached him, Finn finally knew what his destiny would be. He packed his lute, his father’s magic book of songs and his clothes and left for the realm of the Fairy Folk. Once every ten years, the King of the Fairy Realm issues a call for the best and brightest of his subjects and now seven have answered. This year’s challenge, while quite simple in concept, should prove to be most taxing and adventurous for the challengers. The Queen has volunteered to be hidden somewhere in the land, until a champion can find her. The prize for finding the Queen is the same as it ever was; The champion will win the right to one wish from the King, whatever is within His power to grant, and the title of “Champion of the Fairy Realm”.

Progress and Design
This game has been in production for a quite some time and we’re nearly finished. I hesitate to put a percentage on it, but the heavy lifting is done and the game is fully playable in alpha from start to end.

320x200 Resolution
Fully voiced (and recorded in a professional studio)
2D pixel art
Modern interface
PC/MAC/Release Date

Kickstarter
We’re currently running a Kickstarter campaign to raise the funds needed to finish and polish the game. You can find it at   Order of the Thorne - Kickstarter by Infamous Quests 

The game will be released by November 2015. Yes, this year! This isn’t a Kickstarter campaign that the release date is off in the never-never; you’ll be playing this before Christmas.

I hope to see some of you there!  I welcome any questions or comments!

Bt

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i see its a nice touch you posted this here after already maintained the main goal in just a couple days, gives the whole experience more reliability for those who wanna go and help with raising the funds.

But i have question; The King’s Challenge, action, adventure, what does that mean?

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

Heh. It means the story contains “actions” and “adventure”.  You, playing as Finn, use your lute to cast magical spells and solve problems and puzzles.  I’m not talking about, like, Mortal Kombat action, but dealing with a Troll perhaps? 

I’m having a lot of fun working with and designing the musical lute/spell system for this character.  Anytime I get to incorporate something musical in a game design, I’m having fun.

Bt

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

YES!, time for a ags with Music puzzles as a main layer in the game, not just a one encounter, as it always had been done before.

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

Is “The King’s Challenge” going to be Adventure/RPG (similar to Quest for Glory/Infamy) or is it going to be more classic adventure (like King’s Quest VI)?

Either way is fine with me. I was just curious.

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

The Order of the Thorne series are adventure games, as compared to the RPG/Adventure Hybrid of QFI.

Bt

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Congrats on the successful campaign and looking forward to play both.
Flute mechanic sounds cool, Zelda cool Wink
My only only complaints were Roehm voice and RPG sections of Infamy otherwise you guys know how to make a good nostalgic experience.

Good luck.

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

Yeah, if you’re less of an RPG fan, The Order of the Thorne is an adventure game.  I think people will enjoy the experience we have planned for a series of games.

Bt

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Ok Steve, now we have the QfG and the KQ like ,i wonder if you ever gonna give the SQ like anytime soon? Smile

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

Blackthorne - 12 April 2015 03:16 PM

Yeah, if you’re less of an RPG fan, The Order of the Thorne is an adventure game.

I like both. But not everyone I know does.
So it’s good to know this will be more of an adventure.

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

Advie - 12 April 2015 03:20 PM

Ok Steve, now we have the QfG and the KQ like ,i wonder if you ever gonna give the SQ like anytime soon? Smile

Hahah, time will tell, I suppose.  I’d love to keep making all different kinds of games for as long as people want to play them!

Bt

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

It’s nice to see that you guys are doing well. Congratulations with the successful Kickstarter campaign! Hopefully you’ll also be able to reach 35k for the next game Smile

Total Posts: 12

Joined 2013-11-24

PM

Thanks! Even if we don’t make the 35k, every extra dollar goes into making the third game “Fortress of Fire” quicker. Actually, I’m pretty damn excited about that one, it’s a great story and a lot of fun to write and work on.

You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Not me though, a different grue.

Total Posts: 84

Joined 2012-06-18

PM

Blackthorne - 12 April 2015 04:24 PM
Advie - 12 April 2015 03:20 PM

Hahah, time will tell, I suppose.  I’d love to keep making all different kinds of games for as long as people want to play them!

Bt

Yes an SQ like game please. I really like your SQ2 remake, it’s well done Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

The games are looking great, as usual. Backed! Fingers crossed you’ll make the 35k goal.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

I’ve backed. I was a happy backer for QFI so of course I’d back this Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top