• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

DalediegoLady Kestrelwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Bloodborne

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

@dag
Yes it was cheap knockoff, you have to finish Demons or Darksouls to know how much of a
knock off it was.

As i souls series veteran i can confirm, Bloodborne being most balanced game not just in souls but in history of gaming(in this action slasher genre RPG or action adventure).
The hitboxes are even perfect than SF4,DMC or Dark/Demons souls. The mobility is totally dependent upon your endurance, and exclusion of armour and weight has made the whole combat more smooth and less frustrating.
Also no shields and Armor means you can just levelup and tank enemies head on like people
use to do.
You still need evasion skills.

@wilco

I cooped the 2nd last boss and every gamer has to fight him to reach Nirvana of gaming,
the adrenaline rush and high during those hours with epicness and music was just beyond explanation.
Then i co-oped with my buddy i made in Darksouls days, he has 9k followers, and initially he helped me and then i helped him, the game of evasions and dodging for few minutes was
peak of entertainment.

Will try to upload the video on Dailymotion and link it, other wise link the Twitch stream.

@lucien

Try starting with Threaded cane as its easiest weapon that doesn’t require close encounters, then axe is easy.
Make sure once you infuse materials for one weapon , you cannot undo the effect.
So make sure that one weapon can support you for the whole game.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Took a while, finally able to upload the final fight, me and my pal had with 2nd last boss.

Enjoy, i am in Eileen’s CrowFeather outfit.

Watch in 720p, took a while to directly upload from PS4.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2l71np_bloodborne-final-showdown_videogames

As you can see weapons can make or break the experience.
The closed Sawblade has faster draw, but you have to get close thats why i keep on dodging as he can pull me in with Scythe and combo me to death, as we both were under leveled.
Scythe range is too much, and my pals weapon has slow attack(He has Mace).
His third phase is bonkers, he staggers with one shot and after he owned my friend, my heart was racing, alone to get his last quarter of energy down.

One of the best and memorable experience of my life, dodging was intense.

With other weapons like Cane and Axe you can spam him from distance though, and tank him on high levels.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Got back into playing it today. During the week I’m too busy at work with our Financial Year End.

Getting the handle on the dodge and attack timings, now I float like a butterfly, taking out werewolfs and all sorts. Got to the first boss and got killed on first try, but only just, so I kicked his ass second time around.

My god this game camera is janky as fuck. Half the time on the first boss all I could see was the blooming bridge. From Software seems to have stumbled onto the perfect mix of broken game (a game without explaining how to play it, make them repeat hours of gameplay if they get killed and make the game camera as bad a possible.) and people line up to kiss their ass.

No other developer in the world would get away with this.

Not to say i’m not enjoying it, but it’s a masochistic enjoyment.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Lucien21 - 04 April 2015 01:09 PM

Got back into playing it today. During the week I’m too busy at work with our Financial Year End.

Getting the handle on the dodge and attack timings, now I float like a butterfly, taking out werewolfs and all sorts. Got to the first boss and got killed on first try, but only just, so I kicked his ass second time around.

My god this game camera is janky as fuck. Half the time on the first boss all I could see was the blooming bridge. From Software seems to have stumbled onto the perfect mix of broken game (a game without explaining how to play it, make them repeat hours of gameplay if they get killed and make the game camera as bad a possible.) and people line up to kiss their ass.

No other developer in the world would get away with this.

Not to say i’m not enjoying it, but it’s a masochistic enjoyment.

I have uploaded my fight above and you can see plenty of fights on youtube to see and realize maybe the problem is on your end.

If you are having problems with first boss fight and camera, then i cannot imagine what will happen when you face Blood starved Beast.

Remember you have adopt the playstyle to beat bosses, you need to learn patterns,
and you HAVE to release lock when its necessary, controlling camera and locking when its time is half the game fight.
I know Batman, gow or Mordor type automated combats have spoiled gaming and made it rusty still its not Ninjagaiden camera remotely.

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

So I finally got the game, I’ve played for a couple of days now, and I’m getting really hooked!

I just love how you’re thrown into the game with no objectives, no map, no tutorial,  just pure challenging gameplay and you have to figure out everything yourself as you go. I’ve really been missing games like that.

I struggled quite a bit on the first section, and was kinda surprised to learn there was no checkpoints before the first(?) boss (cleric beast). Fortunately, I realized that I could just run past all the mobs on the way there to try again (I don’t really see the point in not having checkpoints before the bosses, running past the mobs to get there doesn’t add difficulty, only tediousness). The first time I reached him, he just bitch-slapped me and I died. Then I went and died a couple more times before going back to the hunters dream where I found that the doll had come alive, and I could now cash in my blood echoes for stats. That was a turing point. I farmed a couple levels and got the Cleric Beast on the sixth try. That first section took me all night, but I finally got a new checkpoint! Smile I realize now that the checkpoints aren’t really that far between due to the shortcuts you unlock as you go.

The next day was so much better. By then I’d learned to dodge and counter properly and progression sped up considerably. I was prepared for super challenging boss fights, but I killed both Father Gascoigne and the Blood-starved Beast on the very first try (it was a close call in the Blood-starved Beast fight, I had to use a lot of health potions, but still - first try Smile ). I assume the bosses will get harder further into the game.

After that I got completely lost and it took me a long time to figure out where to go next, but back at the cathedral ward I found an unexplored area up an elevator. There’s this platforming section there inside a tower where you jump down from plank to plank and must face a werewolf at the bottom guarding a door. I died multiple times trying to get down that shaft. I was out of health potions and jumping down the shaft took more than half of my HP. Then I kept getting killed by a nasty hooded mob outside of that tower. This part probably won’t be so difficult if I just farm some pots before trying again and don’t go in there with half HP. Hopefully I’ll be able to have some progression on that section today if I find the time to play.

Extremely fun and addictive game! Seems I’ll be playing it for a while Smile

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Getting Father G and Blood Starved Beast on first try is a great achievement, Dag! You’ll probably destroy the next few bosses. I’ve killed 6 and Father G is still the one that gave me more trouble…
You also shouldn’t be running arounf without blood vials/potions just farm them around the cathedral ward or the trolls next to central Yarham, it’s fast and no need to make the game even harder Smile
Once you get in the cathedral the game will get even better with so much stuff to explore and try.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 05 April 2015 08:43 AM

Getting Father G and Blood Starved Beast on first try is a great achievement, Dag! You’ll probably destroy the next few bosses. I’ve killed 6 and Father G is still the one that gave me more trouble…
You also shouldn’t be running arounf without blood vials/potions just farm them around the cathedral ward or the trolls next to central Yarham, it’s fast and no need to make the game even harder Smile
Once you get in the cathedral the game will get even better with so much stuff to explore and try.

Yup Bloodstarved beast is really a beast to beat so you got your skills down, you will enjoy rest of the bosses esp the last 2.
Now before you face last boss , turn back/down from options and ask me or check or internet because this game wont tell you , how to do best ending, and you will easily miss last 2 bosses and extra story.

AS wilco said, cathedral area opens up vast areas , the compex maze i was talking about, you go around to many places and come back here with shortcuts.

Take your time exploring, you are convert now, welcome to Souls series.
Tongue

Here for people who are interested, i did weapons showcase of all weapons except beast claws, that is loot from chalice dungeons.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2lc26d_bloodborne-weapons-showcase_videogames

In newgame+ i am mostly enjoying Scythe and Katana but man this game got more hard.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 05 April 2015 09:29 AM

In newgame+ i am mostly enjoying Scythe and Katana but man this game got more hard.

Thumbs Up  cool video! Canon gun?!? I want that   Tongue

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

wilco - 05 April 2015 08:43 AM

You were right! I really love this level design, it really promotes and rewards exploration, and the game is huge.

wilco - 05 April 2015 12:38 PM

Thumbs Up  cool video! Canon gun?!? I want that   Tongue

Aye, cool video! I’ve mostly been using the axe in extended mode, haven’t found many other weapons yet.

Had quite a bit of progress today. Killed Vicar Amelia on the sixth attempt. Then I killed both Witch of Hemwick and Shadow of Yharnam on the first try Smile
But I had some real trouble with Rom, the vacuous spider. I don’t know exactly how many times I died, but it was at least 10. I Got him once I understood how those meteors worked Tongue Man, this game just gets better and better! Grin

EDIT: Got another boss on the first try aswell, Darkbeast Paarl Smile The biggest challenge in this game for me is finding the bosses. I have a really poor sense of direction and I get lost a lot. Increasingly so, as the game world grows bigger.

Now before you face last boss , turn back/down from options and ask me or check or internet because this game wont tell you , how to do best ending, and you will easily miss last 2 bosses and extra story.

Yeah, I don’t wanna risk missing out on any content. What is the name of the last boss? Just so I know to turn back if I suddenly find him.

Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Finished the game! This had to be the best game I’ve played in years, I was hooked from the getgo. So many hidden secret areas and bosses, it took a long time finding it all.

Killed all the bosses including Ebrietas, Daughter of the Cosmos and Moon Presence. More than half of them defeated on the first try! Grin The thing that killed me the most was trying to land the platform above the door to the abandoned old workshop. That took me ages to figure out.

I gotta say, bloodborne is extremely creepy! All of the scenery and every creature you run into is bonechillingly horrific. .  All the scary statues and hooden figures everywhere, not to mention the creepy sounds and music.  Every time I unlocked a new door or path, I never really wanted to enter it, because I was scared what might be on the other side Tongue Sometimes I had to turn down the volume just to lower the intensity of the game a notch Tongue

Absolutely brilliant game. I guess I gotta get the Dark Souls2 bundle now Tongue

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Dag - 10 April 2015 08:50 PM

Finished the game! This had to be the best game I’ve played in years, I was hooked from the getgo. So many hidden secret areas and bosses, it took a long time finding it all.

Killed all the bosses including Ebrietas, Daughter of the Cosmos and Moon Presence. More than half of them defeated on the first try! Grin The thing that killed me the most was trying to land the platform above the door to the abandoned old workshop. That took me ages to figure out.

I gotta say, bloodborne is extremely creepy! All of the scenery and every creature you run into is bonechillingly horrific. .  All the scary statues and hooden figures everywhere, not to mention the creepy sounds and music.  Every time I unlocked a new door or path, I never really wanted to enter it, because I was scared what might be on the other side Tongue Sometimes I had to turn down the volume just to lower the intensity of the game a notch Tongue

Absolutely brilliant game. I guess I gotta get the Dark Souls2 bundle now Tongue

Congrats told you that you are a convert now, though you will not find darksouls2 imaginative neither in environments nor in bestiary, but if you cannot get your hands on demons or darlsouls1 then ds2 would suffice.

Upper cathedral and cainhurst castle were my fav areas, upper cathedral tentacle and were wolves sudden bushes in dark hall when chandelier breaks down shat my pants.
When werewolf came out of window , I almost dropped the pad, reminded me of dog window feels I got in RE back in 1996.

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

nomadsoul - 11 April 2015 06:34 AM

Congrats told you that you are a convert now

Indeed I am! I can’t get enough of Bloodborne, I’m on new game+ now, Cleric Beast and Father Gascoigne down! Smile The game got harder, but I spent considerably less time reaching the Cathedral Ward this time around.

though you will not find darksouls2 imaginative neither in environments nor in bestiary, but if you cannot get your hands on demons or darlsouls1 then ds2 would suffice.

Yeah, looking at some gameplayvids, Dark Souls 2 doesn’t have the same visual intricacy as Bloodborne. The creativity in the beastiary, aswell as the environmental design in Bloodborne was sick. The attention to detail is simply astounding. I think I’ll stick with Bloodborne for a little while longer, I’m at least gonna complete this new game+, then I’ll probably have a go at Demon Souls after.

The reason I considered Dark Souls 2 first is because it’s recently been re-released for the PS4 and I’ve tucked my PS3 away, but now I already bought Demon Souls so I’ll have to dig up the PS3 sooner or later anyway Smile

nomadsoul - 11 April 2015 06:34 AM

When werewolf came out of window , I almost dropped the pad, reminded me of dog window feels I got in RE back in 1996.

Haha, me too, my heart jumped up in my throat when that happened lol! Most of the time I’ve managed to avoid the jump scares because I’m always prepared that something nasty is lurking around every corner, but that one took me by surprise! Grin

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Dag - 11 April 2015 02:40 PM

The reason I considered Dark Souls 2 first is because it’s recently been re-released for the PS4 and I’ve tucked my PS3 away, but now I already bought Demon Souls so I’ll have to dig up the PS3 sooner or later anyway Smile

Unlike A Hideo Kojima game, Miyazaki name is not plastered on everything also he is not a show off, but its his trademark style that you will find in Demon’s Souls, not to mention one level in that game served as fundamental inspiration behind Bloodborne.

Check this thread for great theories on lore and story, loving some bits how you you can easily miss but makes alot of sense.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1020001&page=9

Who are hunters, are they just hired guns to end the meta dream or relative dream?
Greatones, insight revealing things beyond comprehension without logic, dream logic, Kosm…kosmos….Smile
even some people reject dream like Eileen who can see the world in true form, maybe its the blood transfusion that makes you see different reality, and Eileen never got them.

There are some some exciting theories that the lecture hall is actual manifestation of someone mind, like Silenthill and its plausible, with those students wearing graduation uniform.
Micolash IMO is the channel-er of dreams and alternate reality, you can find people on chairs with Mensis Cage just before Wet nurse and at various places in game.
You can hear baby cries throughout the game, make sense only when you reach Wet nurse boss, then you meet actual mother, pregnant lady as a boss in chalice and it all ties together, and chalice graves lead to same vile grounds from where the church got its practice to heal people in other words knowledge of great ones that eventually led to disease and insanity of town and world.

The world is so good, i would love Sony pushing for sequel with Miyazaki’s return.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Demons Souls is definitely worth the trouble of getting your PS3 out again , Dag.
Going through Tower of Latria, facing the Tower Knight, Flamelurker, Old King! so good!

Dark Souls 1 and 2 are also available on PC.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Bloodborne has sold 1 millon in 10 days! All is well

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top