• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady KestrelSefir

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Thursday 09 April 2015

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I played an hour of the original GK1 to refresh my memory, and then I played an hour of the 2014 edition. Guess what…

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Karlok - 09 April 2015 08:13 AM

I played an hour of the original GK1 to refresh my memory, and then I played an hour of the 2014 edition. Guess what…

You played an hour of Toonstruck?

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Guess what…

....and…..? I anticipated this game so much that I bought it on pre-order but alas haven’t got around to playing it yet so was looking forward to your impressions of it Karlok?  Laughing

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Guess what…

This?

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I quite liked the GK remake.
Of course I didn’t make the mistake of playing as much as a single minute of the original first, as I wanted to enjoy it for what it is, instead of ending up comparing it to the original.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

diego - 09 April 2015 08:58 AM

You played an hour of Toonstruck?

Sorry Diego.  Embarassed I couldn’t keep up and eventually dropped out. I read all the comments though. Problem is that I find myself losing interest in replays in general, and although Toonstruck is certainly a good game, I got a little bored after a while. Maybe I remembered too much… 

chrissie - 09 April 2015 09:47 AM

....and…..? I anticipated this game so much that I bought it on pre-order but alas haven’t got around to playing it yet so was looking forward to your impressions of it Karlok?  Laughing

The awful, awful animations turned me off. Just like they did in Moebius. What is the point of a makeover if you can’t get the animations right? The old voiceacting is way better, the new voices sound like a parody of the old ones. IMO. But if I wanted to replay the game, I’d go for the new version with new extra lines and puzzles.

wilco - 09 April 2015 11:30 AM

This?

LOL! Noooo… not a dead rat in a box. Smile

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Karlok - 10 April 2015 05:41 AM
chrissie - 09 April 2015 09:47 AM

The awful, awful animations turned me off. Just like they did in Moebius. What is the point of a makeover if you can’t get the animations right? The old voiceacting is way better, the new voices sound like a parody of the old ones. IMO. But if I wanted to replay the game, I’d go for the new version with new extra lines and puzzles.

wilco - 09 April 2015 11:30 AM

This?

LOL! Noooo… not a dead rat in a box. Smile

I couldn’t stop laughing at wico’s animation as I guessed that he’d sussed out your thought to the game Karlok! Thanks for your reply BTW! Let’s forget about Moebius as it’s a modern stand-alone game on a small budget but if GK1 is presented similarly I can see the problem! 
I played all of the GK games in reverse order with Sins of the Father quite a few years later - I struggled with all of the controls & played in a small window (I tried full-screen but no! -too pixellated!)  which I wasn’t used to but ended up playing this amazing game to conclusion & not being able to decide whether it was better than GK2 or not!! 
I’m sure that I will enjoy the re-make but am also not expecting to experience the same charm as the original!

Total Posts: 4254

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

chrissie - 11 April 2015 05:41 PM

I’m ... not expecting to experience the same charm as the original!

Me too. And by “charm” I mean the nasty bug that prevented the futher gameplay in Day 6, because I didn’t do something in Day 1 (and charming programmers let me play further despite of the fact, knowing I’d be biting my ass for not doing what I was supposed to do ).
I was so outraged (after ten days of trying everything possible and discovering -via walkthrough- what had gone wrong) that I never finished the bloody charming thing.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top