• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Tuesday 31 March 2015

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I was very disappointed when I couldn’t play The Vanishing of Ethan Carter (2014) on my win7 computer. But last night I played it under win8. Wow! Stunning graphics, free exploration, easy puzzles. At first I didn’t care much for the dark story because of some weird reading material lying around: I invite the Boneless One, Destroyer of Ships and He who is feared by the Winds. Yeah, right… yawn. But it got better and better. My kind of game. Smile

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 4254

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

I reckon I’ll have a suitable computer & OS to run this one in 2021.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Indeed stunningly good graphics, it ran surprisingly well in my PC. Although I never finished it…

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Who needs this game! I can always play the designer’s other great adventures like… T-teenagent…

Why won’t it run for me, man?

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

The graphics are breathtaking, there are a bunch of scenes in this game that you could just take a screenshot, print it and hanged it on your wall.

Women come and go… a highscore lasts forever

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

wilco - 31 March 2015 01:53 PM

Indeed stunningly good graphics, it ran surprisingly well in my PC. Although I never finished it…

Didn’t you like the game, Wilco?

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Karlok - 31 March 2015 08:09 PM
wilco - 31 March 2015 01:53 PM

Didn’t you like the game, Wilco?

I was enjoying it, I just didn’t finish it at the time (don’t remember why) and never got back to it. It happens to me sometimes…. But I liked the investigations parts and reconstruction of the murders scenes. This is a good reminder that I need to see what did happen to Ethan Carter. (Will probably need to start over now).

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

And now I went back and finished it. What a depressing ending  Meh  wasn’t really a fan of the it’s all imagination ending but is was a nice experience. Lovely locations and setpieces (like the space and underwater scenes).
I liked how the game was completely non-linear. Thanks for reminding me to go back and play it!

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Yeah, the story is not the best part. The spaceman was so weird, still feels out of place now I know what happened, the underwater scene too. But the atmosphere is excellent.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top