• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieGabriel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Friday 27 March 2015

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I played Chaos on Deponia (2012) the 2nd game in the trilogy, immediately following the 1st which I liked more than I expected to, but ended up having enough after completing it with no rush to play the last game which I will get around to eventually!

It’s an entertaining enough & very competent game on the puzzle front my favourite one being negotiating with the 3 fragmented personalities of Goal, protagonist Rufus’s love interest, to find a way of making her whole again. But that’s where the story leaves me cold too as I guess that I can relate with someone like Rufus thinking they will have a better life somewhere else but apart from that I just wasn’t enamoured by the premise of the story which really doesn’t progress that much in this game.

But it is very entertaining & a lot of fun - I just loved the dialogue of the fortune teller in this shot who explains why he doesn’t practise anymore & is now a Couples Counsellor. 

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

chrissie - 27 March 2015 07:48 AM

but apart from that I just wasn’t enamoured by the premise of the story which really doesn’t progress that much in this game.

One of the premises of the whole game series is that every time Rufus gets close to achieving his Goal (pun intended), something happens which knocks him right back to the start line. Basically starting each game at the same point just with some new twists, so it might seem like we are not progressing much in the overall story.

But as I see it, the bigger story arc in the game is not really about Rufus achieving his goal, instead it is about something else and something bigger, and that story arc actually does progress steadily through all three games, even if Rufus himself seems to be stuck at the same place. Personally I actually thought that it had one of the best stories that I had seen in a humorous game in a long time.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Deponia Trilogy and Runaway share something in common, i might think its strange, but a great introduction/first part, a very lame 2nd and an ‘almost’ great comeback with the third, but yet never up to the original’s magic .

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

Iznogood - 27 March 2015 08:12 AM

Rufus gets close to achieving his Goal (pun intended)

Heh heh heh nice one.

This game will be forever remembered for the most absurd puzzle ever created in an adventure game. And you know what I`m talking about.

Women come and go… a highscore lasts forever

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Never played any of Deponias, but that’ll change (one lovely day, if not sooner).

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Iznogood - 27 March 2015 08:12 AM

But as I see it, the bigger story arc in the game is not really about Rufus achieving his goal, instead it is about something else and something bigger, and that story arc actually does progress steadily through all three games, even if Rufus himself seems to be stuck at the same place. Personally I actually thought that it had one of the best stories that I had seen in a humorous game in a long time.

Advie - 27 March 2015 11:32 AM

Deponia Trilogy and Runaway share something in common, i might think its strange, but a great introduction/first part, a very lame 2nd and an ‘almost’ great comeback with the third, but yet never up to the original’s magic .

Thank you for the comments! I agree with you Advie, despite the very enjoyable & very good content, along with Izno’s comments that ‘Rufus gets stuck in the same place’ (definitely don’t disagree) & apart from getting a little more info about the plans for Deponia I got bored so have left it awhile to get around to the last part!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top