• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

BeckyCarlesSefir

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Monday 23 March 2015

Total Posts: 5834

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I wish I’d played The Arrangement (2004) at the time I acquired it as I was unable recently to get it working on an old XP but did manage to play it on my Win7 64 bit but sadly with no sound & error messages appearing in the event of animated cut scenes otherwise the game performed perfectly.

I missed the wonderful apparently insane voice-acting of John Bell, & a creepy soundtrack written & recorded by Christopher Brendel (while he was working on his own game Lifestream)  which I got some sense of from the couple of tracks in the lovely database in Mystery Manor’s Music Room.

Despite having no sound, with subtitles on, I found the story of Rick Sullivan after 5 years of marriage discovering his wife Annie has been kidnapped & his ensuing pursuit of her by having to solve a series of puzzles set by the kidnapper to find her quite an intriguing one, also to find out exactly what ‘The Arrangement’ was. 

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

I recently played this. A very good game and interesting story, though the ending was a bit odd. You definitely missed out on the animations/cutscenes, excellent music, and the great John Bell! If you still have the game you should try using a virtual machine if you have a copy of XP that is, maybe you’ll have better luck.

P.S. Michael Clark’s first game Harvest was also pretty good story wise, though the voice recordings and graphics are not of the best quality which is understandable being a one man project.

P.P.S I also recommend Chris Brendel’s Lifestream and Shady Brook, both have great stories and interesting characters with John Bell doing most of the male character voices! Unfortunately though these only work on XP as well Meh

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Sir Beardalot - 23 March 2015 10:39 AM

P.S. Michael Clark’s first game Harvest was also pretty good story wise, though the voice recordings and graphics are not of the best quality which is understandable being a one man project.

P.P.S I also recommend Chris Brendel’s Lifestream and Shady Brook, both have great stories and interesting characters with John Bell doing most of the male character voices! Unfortunately though these only work on XP as well Meh

I like your taste Sir Beardalot & have played those 3 games which unlike The Arrangement did play on my old XP, Shady Brook being a favourite! I’ve also presented them in AGSotD here:

Shady Brook
Harvest
Lifestream

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

The only Brendel game I’ve played is The Filmmaker which I enjoyed a lot. It looks like I’ll never play the others, even though I really want to. They don’t look popular enough to get remakes or GOG releases.

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

chrissie - 23 March 2015 06:03 PM
Sir Beardalot - 23 March 2015 10:39 AM

I like your taste Sir Beardalot & have played those 3 games which unlike The Arrangement did play on my old XP, Shady Brook being a favourite! I’ve also presented them in AGSotD here:

Shady Brook
Harvest
Lifestream

It was your AGSotD’s that peeked my interest to finally give them a shot and I’m glad I did! The p.s and p.p.s were aimed at fellow viewers in hopes of peeking their interest as well!

Just got The Filmmaker today, so I’ll be hitting it up come this weekend!

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

You made my day Sir Beardalot! 

The AGSotD thread for me is more about presenting a glimpse of games past & present along with comments about personal experience of them rather than promoting or recommending them.
But it’s such a nice thing on posting the screenshots if it does pique interest in the games featured & that interest is shared!

I’d love to know your thoughts on The Filmmaker - I did like it but think I preferred the previous games!

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Oscar - 23 March 2015 08:54 PM

The only Brendel game I’ve played is The Filmmaker which I enjoyed a lot. It looks like I’ll never play the others, even though I really want to. They don’t look popular enough to get remakes or GOG releases.

The Arrangement was developed my Michael B. Clark Oscar - Christopher Brendel only supplied the music.

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

chrissie - 24 March 2015 12:34 PM

You made my day Sir Beardalot! 

The AGSotD thread for me is more about presenting a glimpse of games past & present long along with comments about personal experience of them rather than promoting or recommending them.
But it’s such a nice thing on posting the screenshots if it does pique interest in the games featured & that interest is shared!

I’d love to know your thoughts on The Filmmaker - I did like it but think I preferred the previous games!

Awww, I’d say I’m blushing but you can’t see my face for the hirsuteness! I’ll be sure to get in touch with you and share my thoughts of The Filmmaker Smile

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2015-04-14

PM

Hello everybody!

I just registered on this site after having found this particular “Adventure Game Scene of the Day” which just knocked my socks off! May I introduce myself to you:

My name is Nina, and I am a 44 year old from Germany. I am a proud owner of Christopher M. Brendel’s computer game “Lifestream”. I bought it when it came out in 2004, and I was absolutely fascinated by the sinister story, the creepy atmosphere, the music, and - what struck me most - the horrifying ending which no one would have expected! This was one of the greatest computer games that I have ever played. At that time, I also played Michael B. Clark’s “Harvest” and “The Arrangement”, to which Christopher M. Brendel contributed, as I understand it. These were absolutely great games as well. But unfortunately, what I never got hold of here in Germany was “Shady Brook”, which I want to play so desperately. I have been searching for this game for ages now, and I can’t find it anywhere. There is no place where I can buy it from, and I have truly been looking for this game for several years now. So can you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me where you can buy it these days?? Since this is quite an old game, I can’t get it anywhere. I have already tried to order a copy from Mr. Brendel himself via his site “Unimatrix Productions”, but this site seems to have been closed in 2012.

Does anybody know whether Mr. Brendel is still producing adventure games? I cannot find any recent news about him in the internet. Will his unreleased games still be published? It would be a shame if they wouldn’t because I think he is a great game designer and an adorable story writer!

I would love to hear from you and find out where I can get a copy of “Shady Brook”.

By the way, I haven’t yet played Christopher M. Brendel’s 2010 game “The Filmmaker” as well because I also can’t get a copy of it anywhere. I would love to play it, too, and I would be deeply grateful if somebody could tell me where to buy it these days.

With lots of love from Germany,

Nina_1971

(desperately searching for Shady Brook)

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

Nice to meet you Nina! You should introduce yourself at this thread Smile http://www.adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/3050/

Great to meet another fellow adventurer who enjoys these games as much as I and Chrissie have! I relate to the frustration of finding these games nowadays though! I contacted Chris through email to give my appreciation and see if I could buy the guide or get a list of the easter eggs for Lifesteam and he was actually surprised and felt honored that people still want to play them and are able to get a copy of the game (ebay!) after all these years! But sadly he has no copies of the games or guides Meh

PM me and I’ll take care of your Shady Brook and The Filmmaker need Smile

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2015-04-14

PM

Hello Sir Beardalot, and thank you for your reply!

It’s so good so see that there are still some gamers out there who haven’t yet forgotten about those great games of Christopher M. Brendel and Michael B. Clark. I loved to play them when they came out at that time, and I still play them every now and then (at least, those which I could get hold of). To this date, I guess I have played “Lifetime” and “The Arrangement” around 10 times, and they still freak me out.

I didn’t even know that there are some easter eggs hidden in Lifestream ... !! Wow, I’d love to find them as desperately as you do. Never heard of a companion guide either ...

Well, of course it’s too bad that Christopher does not have any more copies of the games or guides. But I think, if these are his games, shouldn’t he be able to produce some new copies or guides if so many fans still request those games? Okay, maybe this is a tall order ....

I would love to finally play Shady Brook and The Filmmaker. I’ve been searching for them all around the globe. Even ebay wasn’t helpful ....

So I sent you a PM.

(Where are those smilies??)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top