• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieGabriel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Bloodborne

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Damn taking toll on my worklife and sleep.
The third bossfight solo was nightmare, lasted for 15 minutes, he poisons and one hit kill you.
The Level Art Design is the most sickest,rad , tortuous ever in videogames.
Huge inter connected world.
Gameplay, hitboxes and feedback is way fast and better than all souls games.
Its really is my dream come true, i always wanted to play true Castlevania and VampirehunterBLoodlust game.
Large range of enemy varieties.
Game is Survival Horror Action RPG, its more horror than Evilwithin, was shouting like crazy when one thing got me, cannot reveal much.

Killer App for PS4 right here for Hardcore, and from the news around web, who have finished it, i have just started. 15+ bosses and way more content to go.

And 2 bosses i am facing right now are killing me in one hit.

Frown

@wilco

Unfortunately we have to pay price for coop, there are limited items that you can use to call help. I hope its not true.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Metacritic 93 Grin

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/bloodborne/critic-reviews

Bloodborne is one of those experiences that totally consumes you when you’re involved in it and working to see all that it has to offer. In that sense it’s the digital edition of a round-the-world trip to foreign continents, each turning of a corner providing equal helpings of excitement and trepidation. That recipe brings it own rewards by simply being a part of it, the seemingly effortless delivery indicative of a design team and philosophy that is only getting sharper. Bloodborne is one of those experiences that totally consumes you when you’re involved in it and working to see all that it has to offer. In that sense it’s the digital edition of a round-the-world trip to foreign continents, each turning of a corner providing equal helpings of excitement and trepidation. That recipe brings it own rewards by simply being a part of it, the seemingly effortless delivery indicative of a design team and philosophy that is only getting sharper.

GameInformer 98 Tongue

Bloodborne succeeds through sparse storytelling, lush atmospheres (conjuring up notions of the best of Lovecraft’s work), and tight combat that forces you to be aggressive. While this new IP doesn’t stray far from the established Souls franchise, it is a magical, wondrous work that admirably instills both terror and triumph in those brave enough to delve into it.

Gamespot 90

Some enemies aren’t just just terrifying because of their size or their power, but because of the hideous sounds they make, and the shocking entrances that jolt you out of your trance.

5 Bosses down now,solo ....so many tense, horror and wtf! moments.
No clue where to go next.
Smile

Edit:

GI is right, apart form hounds, werewolves and all those victorian stuff, Fromsoftware has gone apeshit with designs from craftian horror, in other words best craftian game.
Tower of latria tentacle enemy is dethroned.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Ok found weaklink in the game.

Coop is inflexible. The ringing bells mechanic is not remotely smooth as past games.
Also coop costs insight, which are rare items.
Plus password thingy isnt working too.

Another bad thing, i logged in the servers, the whole game turned into night, i am sure it wasnt a story thing, since all the areas from the beginning to forbidden forest turned
into night zone, and made the whole game way difficult.
Taking more damage and what not, seems similar to world tendency of Demon’s Souls.

Beware and second guess before you think of coop.

Onto 7th boss.

Game is hard.

Edit:

Metacritic went back to 93 after dropping to 91.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2015/03/23/bloodborne-review-a-terrifyingly-brilliant-game/

Here’s what Bloodborne does at its most fundamental and basic level: It takes everything brilliant about Demon’s Souls and Dark Souls (but especially the former) and makes it all feel new again. Just enough has been changed in terms of mechanics, setting, and lore that the entire experience feels fresh in a way that Dark Souls II simply didn’t.

It’s also scary—very much in the vein of the Prison of Hope and the Tower of Latria. I haven’t even explored all of it yet, but the sound design alone is just creepy as hell. There are multiple “worlds” similar to Demon’s Souls also, and the further in you get to these (they open up much slower than that game) the creepier and more terrifying everything becomes. From Software can do horror just about as good as they can do action-RPG.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Played it for 2 hours yesterday and progression was close to zero, yep, it’s Demons Souls all over again Smile

Love the feeling of discovering a new world and new rules. Like in Demons Souls every feedback is minimal and is up to player to find out how to play and what is going on. Avoinding guides for now.  Combat system feels different, more fast I think.

Total Posts: 28

Joined 2010-05-14

PM

Damn this is the only game i might buy a ps4 for. *Envies ps4 owners*

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 26 March 2015 04:41 AM

Played it for 2 hours yesterday and progression was close to zero, yep, it’s Demons Souls all over again Smile

Love the feeling of discovering a new world and new rules. Like in Demons Souls every feedback is minimal and is up to player to find out how to play and what is going on. Avoinding guides for now.  Combat system feels different, more fast I think.

Pheww,got it last Friday and in one week on the last boss, finally the journey is over.
Now to do sidequestlines, and get all the weapons, loots since ending the final boss will result in Newgame+.
Also didn’t touch chalice dungeons yet, hope we can coop them , i have set the password,
your and mine pass should be same. So lemme know if you are up, would recommend them after the game since they can be hard and can interfere with normal game

Some of the weapons are totally sick,
Stakedriver,
Reilterpalsch
Spikegun

Need to levelup skill stat to get them in working order.

Mainline bosses are really well done, stylish and mad.
Miyazaki has struck golden balance, the pacing and everything tops even mikami games.
Plenty of best feelings from both Dark and Demons souls, in levels characters and progression, with fat been cut out.
Gameplay is much smoother and responsive, the weight overload and somewhat clunky animations of past have been removed for much better effect.
The hitboxes are perfect.

Some of the levels are best in the gaming, same for creatures.
Hellsing, BloodLust and Casltevania wet dream cometrue.

Its now on my top best game ever, dethroning Demons Souls let alone GoTY or GOTG.
This game shows that why games dont have to run under complex of emulating movies and other mediums, when game as itself can achieve something like this which is unparalleled.
For this Miyazaki and his story telling through nothing but progression and subtlety is something that needs high approbation.

BTW, i will not appear online, seems like new Update is out and i dont want to mess up
my save or PS4, i cannot trust Sony on this, for now Tongue.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 26 March 2015 10:57 PM

Pheww,got it last Friday and in one week on the last boss, finally the journey is over.
Now to do sidequestlines, and get all the weapons, loots since ending the final boss will result in Newgame+.
Also didn’t touch chalice dungeons yet, hope we can coop them , i have set the password,
your and mine pass should be same. So lemme know if you are up, would recommend them after the game since they can be hard and can interfere with normal game

BTW, i will not appear online, seems like new Update is out and i dont want to mess up

I updated yesterday, seems to be working so far, but it’s always a risk with these firmware updates.
Beat first boss yesterday! After dying a dozen times on werewolves in the bridge before it…  Foot in mouth Finally getting used to the new dodge and making use of the firearm.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 27 March 2015 10:19 AM
nomadsoul - 26 March 2015 10:57 PM

I updated yesterday, seems to be working so far, but it’s always a risk with these firmware updates.
Beat first boss yesterday! After dying a dozen times on werewolves in the bridge before it…  Foot in mouth Finally getting used to the new dodge and making use of the firearm.

Did u meet crow lady near sewer area, make sure to meet her before you fight 2nd boss, her quest line gives her sick outfit and weapon, and she is bugged, luckily I got it. Wink
Will post you pics on psn.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 27 March 2015 12:50 PM

Did u meet crow lady near sewer area, make sure to meet her before you fight 2nd boss, her quest line gives her sick outfit and weapon, and she is bugged, luckily I got it. Wink

Not yet, only thing I got from the sewer so far was that cool hunter gear after the creepy rats. Made the fights a lot more easy.
Still cheated my way through those 2 big wolves at the top of the bridge. Lured them to a hole and didn’t fight them Smile

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 27 March 2015 02:11 PM
nomadsoul - 27 March 2015 12:50 PM

Not yet, only thing I got from the sewer so far was that cool hunter gear after the creepy rats. Made the fights a lot more easy.
Still cheated my way through those 2 big wolves at the top of the bridge. Lured them to a hole and didn’t fight them Smile

Okay, just opened new hidden side areas, bloody awesome and freaked me out.
Shouted and almost dropped joypad twice.
Upper Cathedral ward

Few tips, 

Dont fight wolves and other enemies that take more damage than necessary.
It means you have to come at them later.
Even at lvl70 those wolves take 2 hits.(there will be plenty of variation of those later) ;P that take 7 hits.
Scout areas by running hard enemies and take all the loot first, and leave areas/levels
which seem hard.
Do all those levels first which are doable, by leveling up.
Search for Eileen before 2nd boss fight else you will muss her awesome gear and weapon.
You get badges from hunters and bosses that unlock outfits and weapons through messengershop in Hunter dreams.
If you end up with zero vials, central town area, the second lamp has 2 paths to recover vials.
From 2nd lamp, go left, inside house, take stairs in house up to bridge 1st boss.
From same lamp, got left then again left of the house down the stairs, fight mummies to get vials, take lift up, cross bridge and keep going till you face second boss.

These 2 paths spawn plenty of vials, which you will be returning later again and again to restock.

2nd boss outfit can be bought from messengers shop which upstairs in the room where your storage is, just opposite storage there is opening, go out and on left, shop sells outfit of 2nd boss for Insights.
Make sure dont waste all your insights.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

See told ya, it happened.

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/27368/article/ps4-2-50-update-corrupts-bloodborne-save-files-so-here-s-a-fix/

Sony Engineers are incompetent.

Edit:

Really good review by Eurogamer.

The foundation of Bloodborne’s lore is H.P. Lovecraft’s Cthulhu mythos. Though it has been much-expanded by other authors, with sometimes dubious results, Lovecraft’s creation is basically an amoral universe where humankind has absolutely no significance, cosmic beings do malevolent things because they can, and those who can perceive this state of affairs are driven mad by the knowledge. As your hunter gains more Insight, s/he begins to both see the world as it really is and lose their grip on ‘reality.’
Your hunter, when seeing certain enemies or locations, starts going crazy: a stat called ‘Frenzy’ builds up and, if not managed with sedatives or simply running away, will cause huge physical damage that stacks with your level of Insight. It is hard to think of any other game, outside of the Souls series, that intertwines ideas across aesthetics, narrative and mechanics.

The fact is that few other studios in the world can match what From Software is doing in big-budget games. Director Hidetaka Miyazaki is possessed of a rare talent, an all-encompassing design sensibility capable of tying everything that matters - aesthetics, narrative, sound and mechanical design - together in a manner where each feeds into and enhances the others. The structure underlying Bloodborne is not just original but coherent, and because of this the impact of everything it does is commensurately greater. This is total design. It feels wonderful to have a world like this and, over a week of solid play later, feel that there’s so much more to discover. And it’s awful to know that, in all likelihood, it will be a painfully long time until I play anything else that matches up to Bloodborne’s breadth of vision, generosity of content, and - yes - genius.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I’m mostly hating the second boss fight because of the camera. Keep getting stuck everywhere which leads to insta-kill…

Edit: Taking a time-out, seems I’m worse and worse with each try Shifty Eyed

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Ok this game is officially fucking with me.

Don’t know how many times i’ve been killed , but everytime it was because I was being sloppy or greedy.

It’s addictive going back to try again though.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

I never played the Souls games. Last year I played a game called Lords of the Fallen which, to my own surprise (never been too fond of dark and gritty settings), I ended up enjoying immensely.

The game featured challenging gameplay where every single encounter from the very beginning of the game (even trash mobs) was potentially deadly. You needed to learn what the enemies attacks and animations looked like, the intervals between attacks and how long they lasted in order to know when you could and couldn’t attack. You had to block or evade every attack made against you, as most enemies could potentially one-shot you. Every fight required strategy as well as good timing and reflexes, often you’d need multiple attempts to succeed. If you died, every enemy would respawn and you would lose all your accumulated experience points. You would need to fight your way back to the place where you died to get them back, and you could only recover a percentage of it, based on how long it took you to reach it. Very punishing, but at the same time, every death would give you new clues or ideas about how to proceed. It was very addictive to go back and try again. The boss fights were huge and epic. One of them took me 5-6 attempts and when I finally downed the boss, the fight had lasted about 26 minutes.

Everyone tells me Lords of the Fallen is like a cheap version of Demon Souls, that it’s considerably easier, less punishing and not as well designed.

That means, either they are being biased (which isn’t unlikely considering the obsessive manner in which most people speak of the Souls franchise), or I should really get started playing the Souls games. I don’t really feel like digging up the PS3 again, but the PS4 is hooked up and ready to go, so it seems Bloodborne may be a good place to start.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Finally managed to beat the second boss after a whole day! Feels good. But had to step back a little, level up a bit, explore and get the dodging right!

Lucien21 - 29 March 2015 12:14 PM

Ok this game is officially fucking with me.

Don’t know how many times i’ve been killed , but everytime it was because I was being sloppy or greedy.

It’s addictive going back to try again though.

It is. It’s at times frustrating but it does make it rewarding and enjoyable. And was complaining about the camera but it mostly my errors…

@Dag
If you like those aspects of Lords of the Fallen you’ll definitely love the Souls games. Just be prepared to die a lot more times, specially in bosses.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top