• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Routine (Sci-fi Survival Horror First Person Adventure)

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

While everyone is going gaga over the more basic adventure game titles, Routine makes an appearance with their first trailer.

The game is set up like Amnesia in space, but with a more 2001/Moon setting/twist. If you thought that would be cool, or not. The game is also completely non-linear. Like myst without the ‘Multiple worlds’. You are thrown in this moon base with no clear direction except to figure out where the hell everyone went. The player can explore the whole station, discovering things that are different from person to person depending on how well they explore and solve various mysteries. Think of Dear Esther, but with action and indirect non-linear storytelling. Your experience depends on your perseverance of exploration and solving the mystery.

Not to mention, finally an adventure game that uses UDK. This game looks GORGEOUS.

2001 meets Amnesia. Myst meets System Shock.

Check it out! http://routinegame.com/

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 514

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

very impressive…..will buy!!is this a review or do you work for lunar?i seem to recall you work on games.

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Good lord, so many awesome games coming out! This is honestly the best time for adventure and indie games.

I wish I could play all of them!

Total Posts: 56

Joined 2009-08-31

PM

Monolith - 17 August 2012 03:18 AM

While everyone is going gaga over the more basic adventure game titles, Routine makes an appearance with their first trailer.

The game is set up like Amnesia in space, but with a more 2001/Moon setting/twist. If you thought that would be cool, or not. The game is also completely non-linear. Like myst without the ‘Multiple worlds’. You are thrown in this moon base with no clear direction except to figure out where the hell everyone went. The player can explore the whole station, discovering things that are different from person to person depending on how well they explore and solve various mysteries. Think of Dear Esther, but with action and indirect non-linear storytelling. Your experience depends on your perseverance of exploration and solving the mystery.

Not to mention, finally an adventure game that uses UDK. This game looks GORGEOUS.

2001 meets Amnesia. Myst meets System Shock.

Check it out! http://routinegame.com/

Well, you’re doing a good job of selling it to me. From your description it sounds excellent. Let’s hope it lives up to it.

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

you should check the teaser.it won’t be just description then.Wink

Total Posts: 56

Joined 2009-08-31

PM

jhetfield21 - 17 August 2012 03:07 PM

you should check the teaser.it won’t be just description then.Wink

I did that of course Tongue

It doesn’t show much but what little it does show looks nice. Smile This is definately a new game on my watch list.

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

I could of sworn I replied earlier. No I don’t work for Lunar, I just love games that push the first person adventure genre, especially since there has been such a huge stigma with using modern game engines for push the genre. Smile

Only games i work on currently are mobile and casual. Smile

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Love the trailer. Would like it if those debating the merits of retro-pixilated games would take a look at this.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

i’m one of those….but i also like this.why does everything has to be either one or the other?honestly!

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

rtrooney - 17 August 2012 10:43 PM

Love the trailer. Would like it if those debating the merits of retro-pixilated games would take a look at this.

Oh come on, just because people enjoy games with retro graphics doesn’t mean they don’t appreciate or enjoy games with modern graphics.

Everyone can have their preferences, but I’d guess that nearly all adventure gamers mainly care about story and execution. Graphics can supplement the story and atmosphere in different ways.

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

my thoughts exactly…..so enough with this talk….at least this thread was made for the promotion of the game and not the debate about graphics styles.

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2012-08-18

PM

Hey Guys this is Aaron From Lunar Software and I just want to say thank you for all the kind words, you guys are awesome!

I know we are not really an adventure game but I appreciate you posting and discussing it here! if you guys have any questions just let me know.

Monolith: thank you <3!

-Aaron

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

I love the feeling the teaser gives off. This is a must play title!

Aaron: When do you guys expect to show off a little more about the game?

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

damn it this forum app is starting to slip up…..i sent this earlier:

@Aaron:no worries man Dear Esther wasn’t a classic AG and it almost had no interactivity but it still has fans here.Your’s is a much fuller title.Also the story is important and everything else just enhance the feeling.And there are many in this forum that would tell you this is the approach everyone should adopt to evolve the genre.anyhow the point is it’s AG enough Tongue.

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2012-08-18

PM

Kasper: Honestly we would love to show something more solid to you guys asap! but honestly I think it will be a month or two away! we are working towards a big milestone mid October so we will see where we are round about then!

Glad you liked the Teaser mate <3!

jhetfield21: Hah very kind! glad you think so bud! in fact I only found out about this site recently when you featured my friends game “Ether” its an awesome place! <3!

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

LunarSoftware - 19 August 2012 07:30 AM

Kasper: Honestly we would love to show something more solid to you guys asap! but honestly I think it will be a month or two away! we are working towards a big milestone mid October so we will see where we are round about then!

Glad you liked the Teaser mate <3!

jhetfield21: Hah very kind! glad you think so bud! in fact I only found out about this site recently when you featured my friends game “Ether” its an awesome place! <3!

Oh man , AMAZING Alpha Gameplay Trailer

Exactly what i wanted from EnemyZero sequel, and with Oculus support.

Some questions,

Any word on Console release, did anyone approach you?

Are guys gonna make it this year??

Great Job guys, the art,engine and sound use….shame on AAA developers for not even trying this genre.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top