• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Brian Moriarty’s The DIG

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

diego - 18 March 2015 07:24 AM

Hi, guys. Nice thread. Just wanna let you know that I’ve groomed my moustache today.

Ken Williams

I LIKED your moustache! And I’m your wife, Ken. Don’t you love me anymore?  Heart

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

This thread confuses me.

(But I would very much like to see more of Moriarty’s version of The Dig.)

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Karlok - 18 March 2015 09:33 AM
diego - 18 March 2015 07:24 AM

Hi, guys. Nice thread. Just wanna let you know that I’ve groomed my moustache today.

Ken Williams

I LIKED your moustache! And I’m your wife, Ken. Don’t you love me anymore?  Heart

Remember when we were young:

Tongue

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 601

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Well alright, since all bets are apparently off… Tim Schafer here. You’re welcome for all the great games and putting the documentary up for free on youtube. Ok, back to ice cream and playing Valiant Hearts!

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

This thread…

Kurufinwe - 18 March 2015 09:36 AM

This thread confuses me.

Nice try, Moriarty, too late now

Mr Underhill - 18 March 2015 10:29 AM

Well alright, since all bets are apparently off… Tim Schafer here. You’re welcome for all the great games and putting the documentary up for free on youtube. Ok, back to ice cream and playing Valiant Hearts!

That explains why Broken Age is so late! stop painting cool looking cats and get to work Tongue

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

Kurufinwe - 18 March 2015 09:36 AM

This thread confuses me.

You’re not the only one. I will be moving it to the Chit-Chat section shortly.

Total Posts: 17

Joined 2004-01-14

PM

Please don’t… at least, not yet.

Perhaps I’ve buried my underlying message (or rather, my theory) too well in the earlier posts.

It’s quite simple, really.

I now believe that Brian Moriarty’s The DIG exists, and it was never truly lost. It was made and completed, but hidden away, by Moriarty himself.

But the only way to unlock the game, and ensure its release into the world after all these years, was to question one’s starting assumptions, and realize this truth…

...And then to say so publicly, in front of the other people who most desired it.

It was, essentially, an alternate reality game, or rather, an adventure game which could only be unlocked by playing a game in the real world, in real time.

At least, that’s my theory, based on quite a mountain of research and reading.

I thought that, if I was right, it’d be worth a shot to post that thread, and say what I’ve said… just to see if Brian Moriarty would play along, and release his long-lost version of The DIG from 1993 upon the world.

You can, of course, move my thread where you like. But it would almost certainly get more exposure in the General Discussion forum.

I think it ought to remain there.

That way, if I’m right, this important message gets out to the adventure gaming community.

But even if I’m wrong, by leaving it there, you’ll probably increase the chance that Brian Moriarty himself might stop by and say something.

If I were in his shoes, I’d think likewise.

ATM

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, / A light from the shadows shall spring, / Renewed shall be blade that was broken, / The crownless again shall be king.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

wilco - 18 March 2015 10:42 AM

This thread…

The masks are off, Mr. Lowe. No need to pretend anymore.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

ATMachine - 18 March 2015 11:33 AM

But even if I’m wrong, by leaving it there, you’ll probably increase the chance that Brian Moriarty himself might stop by and say something.

Why not contact Brian Moriarty directly as well?

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Karlok - 18 March 2015 11:45 AM
ATMachine - 18 March 2015 11:33 AM

Why not contact Brian Moriarty directly as well?

I’m sure he sent a PM to Kurufinwe along with posting this thread.

Total Posts: 17

Joined 2004-01-14

PM

I have indeed contacted Brian Moriarty directly.

He’s said that, yes, I’m essentially right. His long-lost version of The DIG, from 1993, will be released at last, quite soon. That’s the whole point of posting this thread!

The masquerade has layers within layers.

Frankly, I thought it would be better if other people didn’t simply accept my word alone, but rather followed the same sort of thought process I myself have used. Skepticism is to be encouraged, but so is keeping an open mind.

That’s why I asked for my thread to be kept in the General Discussion forum. I wanted to spread the word.

According to Moriarty himself, a brand-new LucasArts adventure game, made over two decades ago and hidden in a desk drawer ever since, is going to be released to the public very soon.

Within this very next week, in fact.

The deadline is looming over us… even as we speak, the sands in Death’s hourglass are running out.

I’m sorry you moved this thread to Chit Chat. Well, it is what it is. If it has to stay here, it has to stay here.

There has to be a balance in the Force of sorts. For that, at least, I’m glad.

But I still don’t like the idea, and were I a moderator myself, I’d move the thread back. As it is, I urge you to do so, so that the word will spread.

ATM

PS: I’m currently brainstorming up a truly marvelous account of the fuller story behind this great treasure hunt, which will follow in a later update.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, / A light from the shadows shall spring, / Renewed shall be blade that was broken, / The crownless again shall be king.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

So this is the time that the masks come of and our true identity is revealed?

Diego Ken Williams of course saw right through my disguise recently, and exposed my real identity, but I glad that now I’m not the only one who has been exposed.

diego - 17 January 2015 06:58 AM

Iznogood, stop it. We all know your real name is Benoit Sokal and you just wanted to give Syberia a little nudge.

So Kurufinwe Moriarty, when will it be released?

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Chit Chat is the king of forums and should ensure you get exactly the exposure you need ATM… or should I say Doug TenNepal!

I think the version of the Dig we all need to be most concerned with was the FMV version:

Some have said that the low budget affected the quality of the production…

But for my money it’s the definitive version.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Iznogood - 18 March 2015 12:18 PM

Diego Ken Williams of course saw right through my disguise recently, and exposed my real identity, but I glad that now I’m not the only one who has been exposed.

Haha… I thought the very same thing. How’s Syberia 3 coming along, Benoit?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top