• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Becky

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Monday 16 March 2015

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

The focus on & difficulty of puzzles along with so many surreal environments which I found unattractive (but graphically competent) in 1st person perspective game Outcry: The Dawn (2008) would have put me off playing it to conclusion if it wasn’t for some interesting elements within the very flimsy plot conveyed through journal entries/notes found throughout the game. 
The story dabbles with the idea of immersing in past memories with the potential to change things that were wrong by separating the conscious thought from the body, also the consequences of delving into the unknown,  through the use of a mind-altering drug & sound frequency within a chamber/capsule (or something like that!)

I liked the concept but found it confusing & under-substantiated otherwise for the most part I found the game fascinating & it’s got a wonderful soundtrack!

Total Posts: 4254

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

There goes another screenshot I wouldn’t have guessed (although I’m familiar with Outcry).

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

chrissie - 16 March 2015 09:20 AM

many surreal environments which I found unattractive (but graphically competent)

Yeah I felt that way too, there is a lot of “nothing” in those environments, too many empty spaces.

Women come and go… a highscore lasts forever

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Abnaxus - 16 March 2015 12:52 PM
chrissie - 16 March 2015 09:20 AM

many surreal environments which I found unattractive (but graphically competent)

Yeah I felt that way too, there is a lot of “nothing” in those environments, too many empty spaces.

Did you finish the game Abnaxus? - if so what did you think?  - or as far as you got?

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

chrissie - 16 March 2015 01:36 PM

Did you finish the game Abnaxus? - if so what did you think?  - or as far as you got?

I finished it in 2008 when the game came out so I don`t remember that well, but from what I recall it was pretty enjoyable, mostly the first part before you power up that time/space machine (?!) and also the ending was interesting with the whole he was dead trough all the game twist.

Women come and go… a highscore lasts forever

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

I really liked Outcry, especially the atmosphere of desolation and loneliness that I felt for the most part;the surreal environment of which you speak in my case it worked and I found it very intriguing and compelling. And once I started I could not stop playing until I finished.

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Abnaxus - 16 March 2015 05:45 PM

........ from what I recall it was pretty enjoyable, mostly the first part before you power up that time/space machine (?!) and also the ending was interesting with the whole he was dead trough all the game twist.

I felt the same way but were ‘you’ dead all along or was the past changed by your brother? ... & did it then possibly reverse back when ‘you’ entered the machine to look for your missing brother? - he warned you not to!

Did you enjoy the puzzles Renacimiento?

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

chrissie - 17 March 2015 12:20 PM

From what I remember yes, although there was a particular puzzle that gave me many headaches, was one that revolved around a few instruments in which you had to remember the sound they emit, I think it was near the end.

I found it, I think it was this:

I don’t remember all the puzzles, but as is obvious I enjoy it a lot, and there are some scenes of the game that I still remember. For example:

~

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Renacimiento - 17 March 2015 04:53 PM
chrissie - 17 March 2015 12:20 PM

From what I remember yes, although there was a particular puzzle that gave me many headaches, was one that revolved around a few instruments in which you had to remember the sound they emit, I think it was near the end.

I don’t remember all the puzzles, but as is obvious I enjoy it a lot, and there are some scenes of the game that I still remember. 

I’m with Abnaxus on getting along with the 1st & end parts of the game rather than the middles! I found that sound puzzle very frustrating even following a walkthrough at the time - I loved it when you’d progressed to the desert town & beyond & started to enjoy it more again! I have a different angle on the screenshot of the 2nd one you posted which I’d considered using but the one I actually posted took precedence!  Laughing

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

chrissie - 17 March 2015 07:36 PM

I’m with Abnaxus on getting along with the 1st & end parts of the game rather than the middles! I found that sound puzzle very frustrating even following a walkthrough at the time - I loved it when you’d progressed to the desert town & beyond & started to enjoy it more again! I have a different angle on the screenshot of the 2nd one you posted which I’d considered using but the one I actually posted took precedence!  Laughing

Glad to know I’m not the only one who found the sound puzzle extremely annoying, I recognize that I also use a walkthrough, and I dont like when I feel that a game forces me to do so. Loved the part of the desert town as well. The final sensation was pleasant to me, to have enjoyed it very much, despite some ups and downs in the middle and the sound puzzle.

And the screenshot you used it I could not recognize, haha .. it was not until I read Outcry I realized that I had already played it.

~

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top