• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

LittleRose

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Gibbous - A Cthulhu Adventure - Out on Steam and GOG

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

It looks Great!

Keep it up, great animations and everything.
About choices, yeah Kasper is right, don’t overpromise.
If its doable, shift your focus to make other elements even more awesome.

Add your game(if you haven’t already) in this Neogaf thread, and update your stuff there too,

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=965569&page=6

Good for exposure, they will dig it, IMO.

Total Posts: 601

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Thanks for the tip! Will do.

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Hey guys! We’re considering offering some 3d printed, hand painted figures of some of the characters for the Kickstarter.

It’s still “considering” because while we have access to the 3d printer it still involves a lot of sand papering and painstaking painting them by hand, adding stuff like whiskers etc - so if we do it, it’ll probably be a very limited run (like a maximum of 50 or so).

This is our first test print, and I’m pretty happy with it, considering it’s been a couple of years since I last modeled in 3d. Next phase, sanding!

Can’t wait to paint her black, woohoo!

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Mr Underhill - 13 March 2015 04:43 AM

Hey guys! We’re considering offering some 3d printed, hand painted figures of some of the characters for the Kickstarter.

It’s still “considering” because while we have access to the 3d printer it still involves a lot of sand papering and painstaking painting them by hand, adding stuff like whiskers etc - so if we do it, it’ll probably be a very limited run (like a maximum of 50 or so).

This is our first test print, and I’m pretty happy with it, considering it’s been a couple of years since I last modeled in 3d. Next phase, sanding!

Thumbs Up  Thumbs Up  Thumbs Up  Thumbs Up  Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

The game’s looking fantastic, Mr. Underhill. Love the animation process video. Great animations, and I really, really like your background art. It would’ve been sweet to see a sped up video of you doing a background from start to finish. Ofc, whether or not you have the time, and would actually want make such a video, is entirely your business Smile

Anyway, I will be first in line to back this game when the Kickstarter fires up Smile

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Mr Underhill - 13 March 2015 04:43 AM

You are very talented sir. It looks amazing Smile

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

FIFTY?!? Maaan, that’s a huge amount! Pump up the price, keep the amount low, make 10 or so in a very high quality. Special very limited figures, hand painted, that should be a sweet get for the few lucky. And that should be $$$!

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Nomadsoul, Dag, SoccerDude, Kasper - thanks, you guys!

@Dag Well you read my thoughts there, I was going to record the background painting process, so look for that a little later Laughing

@Kasper

FIFTY?!? Maaan, that’s a huge amount! Pump up the price, keep the amount low, make 10 or so in a very high quality. Special very limited figures, hand painted, that should be a sweet get for the few lucky. And that should be $$$!

You know what, you may be right on that Grin We’re probably gonna go lower on the number, we were just so excited at first… we can now tell it’s a much slower and meticulous process than we thought. Btw, since I last posted I managed to drop the prototype from a 3 meter height. The good part is, being 3d printed the structure’s all horizontal so it broke into neat horizontal pieces; the bad part is, there were MANY pieces, but I managed to glue them all back together, and we’re now on to painting them. The disadvantages of working in an actual attic Crazy  Yeah, the process is going to be slow and painstaking, but I’m optimistic in the sense that this will have been the first and last I drop Smile

Here are a few shots of Cami painting Kitteh. Can’t wait to see the end result and share it with you guys, and thanks again for the words of encouragement, they mean the world to a team working on their first PC game!

WORK IN PROGRESS

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Looking good so far! Can’t wait to see the finished product.

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Hey everyone, long time no update.

We’ve been working hard on the demo these past months, and it’s starting to come together nicely. I figured I’d make a quick video and show you guys where we’re at right now, maybe get that point’n click gland of yours salivating? Don’t even say anything, I know how bad that sounded.

So here it is, a first glimpse at our demo, which we hope we’ll be finishing real soon (don’t forget to set it to 1080p):

- Video’s playing a little choppy. Could be the capture software, could be mysterious forces of the Universe messing with my rig. Not saying it’s the Old Ones, but not saying no, either.

- We’re very much aware of the text trembling and working on it.

- Kitteh is very much a work in progress. Right now we’re working on her correcting her attitude and not pushing you like a bully when you get in her way. To be honest I’m a little torn about that, because it IS in her character to do that…

In other Gibbous news, we’re very happy to have gotten in touch with some wonderful voice actors, so the demo at least will be, God helping, fully voiced - and provided we get funded, the entire game, too! Oh boy oh boy. Only partially present in the video, because stuff’s being worked on. This part is especially tricky because we need funds to support us working on the game for a full year, in order to be able to provide a great product, and I really hope we can keep it fully voice-acted.

Alright, any kind of feedback, either positive or negative, is appreciated.

And I guess the question I really want to ask everyone, as you’re probably the most die-hard adventure game fans around:

Would you play this game?

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I think it looks very good. Backgrounds and characters specially. Only thing I think is looks weird is the walking animation of the main character, maybe a little stiff?
I would definitely play it (and will back).

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Mr Underhill - 15 May 2015 10:11 AM

In all likelihood - Yes Thumbs Up

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 182

Joined 2012-01-08

PM

I’d play it.
I agree that the character looks a little stiff, but I think it’s not just the walking animation. I think he stands unnaturally, with the arms in the air and completely symmetrical. I realize this saves a bit of work, but right now he looks like straight from the character sheet.

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

You know what, showing stuff like this definitely helps - people have been unanimously critiquing the walk cycle and, being so close to the project and having to juggle tens of issues, you start not seeing the f-ups, even major ones. Walk cycles were placeholder anyway but now I know I need to sit my butt down and get them to look as good as possible and not settle for “good enough for the demo”.

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Mr Underhill - 15 May 2015 10:11 AM

While I’ve expressed elsewhere on the forums that I’m not likely to back another KS project any time soon, Gibbeous is an exception. I’d back it out of sheer support for the frame by frame animations, but also because I like what I see. The way you express yourself on the forum also indicate that I will enjoy the writing on the game.

Looking forward to the demo!

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top