• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoIronCretinLady Kestrelluckyloser

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Thursday 12 March 2015

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Women’s Week - Special

FBI agent Victoria McPherson is a good detective, loyal to her coworkers, with a lot more personality than for instance agent Nicole Bonnet in Art of Murder. She doesn’t bat an eye when investigating the most gruesome murders which have me screaming for my mother. Young, cool, independent, with a boyfriend hovering in the background and a nice father to bake cookies for.  Cool

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

Such a strong powerful woman, I think that there`s no other genre were women are represented in a better way than adventure games.

Women come and go… a highscore lasts forever

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I’m surprised this game has never received much traction in the Community Playthrough voting.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

Excellent game, one of these days I need to get around to playing the second one.

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

HAPPY WOMEN’S DAY!! Uh, what? Uhh… well HAPPY WOMEN’S WEEK! (I’m not late for that!)

Good game that dragged a bit, but still the atmosphere was thrilling. I only hoped for a more of a detective work. Victoria is a strong character. Gotta hand it to Microids - they know how to make good female protagonists.*

*you see, Karlok? I pulled a Zobraks! I know it’s Kate tomorrow!! Tongue

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

diego - 12 March 2015 03:22 PM

HAPPY WOMEN’S DAY!! Uh, what? Uhh… well HAPPY WOMEN’S WEEK! (I’m not late for that!).......

Oh dear! ........  Laughing

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Abnaxus - 12 March 2015 02:04 PM

Such a strong powerful woman, I think that there`s no other genre were women are represented in a better way than adventure games.

... in the kitchen baking cookies??? Gasp

Grin

I kid. I kid. Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Karlok - 12 March 2015 10:39 AM

Young, cool, independent, with a boyfriend hovering in the background…

So much in the background I don’t even remember she had a boyfriend! (but to be honest I don’t think I ever finished the game…)

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

I was hoping you’d post this. I still remember the first few scenes of Still Life where Victoria walks into a grotty looking crime scene and the first thing out of her mouth was “LUCY, YOU GOT SOME ‘SPLAINING TO DO.”.

What is with French devs writing sassy white American women?

I’ll tell you what though, this is the last game you’d want to post during black history month. I counted at least two characters shucking and jiving.

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

I love Stil life, and Victoria McPherson <3. A character with a very powerful and straightforward personality, and with an appeal that goes beyond her beautiful appearance (that short hair with a kind of gothic style). A pity that Stil life 2 out so bad compared to the first game. But even so, I always want more of her.

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Renacimiento - 12 March 2015 08:13 PM

But even so, I always want more of her.

I also would love more of her. But not if it is in the same way SL2 presented her. Which is saying the same thing in a different way. Unfortunately, I think we will have to wait in line. If Sokol is going to resurrect any game, the first will be Syberia. And that is fein by me.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

diego - 12 March 2015 03:22 PM

Heh… I happen to know Chrissie’s got other plans.  Tongue
Besides, you wouldn’t recognize Kate if she bit you on the… oops!
See here

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Karlok - 12 March 2015 10:14 PM

you wouldn’t recognize Kate if she bit you on the…

Hehe, my kind of humo(u)r.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I must confess that I always mix up the Still Life and Art of Murder series. I know that they are not completely the same, but they are still so similar that I have a hard time remembering what is from what, and which it was that I actually liked.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Iznogood - 13 March 2015 10:22 AM

I must confess that I always mix up the Still Life and Art of Murder series. I know that they are not completely the same, but they are still so similar that I have a hard time remembering what is from what, and which it was that I actually liked.

whenever you see more wall spilled with blood, corpses and cookies go for Still Life(s)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top