• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Henk61

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Friday 06 March 2015

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I wanted to enjoy Sterling’s Gift (2007) a lot more than I did but ended up having a soft spot for it anyway!
It’s a very short game set in the modern day Neill-Cochran House located in Austin, Texas, now a museum, that was the home of Elizabeth (Libby) Custer & apparently left as it was after she died.

The fictional story, which intertwines between true events, focuses on the relationship between Libby & a blind orphan following something given to her husband General Custer from a dying man on the battlefield.
Wonderful stuff but for me Sterling’s Gift just didn’t gel as a game as it didn’t veer from either intensively exploring a museum or reading many pages of a diary in script that was very hard on the eyes rather than presenting a balance between the two aspects. Also the highlight of 2 FMV sequences didn’t materialise for me on my system which I know add credence to this lovely story which I felt was wasted within the presentation of this game. 

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I own this one but haven’t ever gotten around to playing it. Do you happen to know if it runs on Win 7 64-bit?

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I couldn’t get the game to run on my Win 7 64 bit PC Becky & played it on an old XP.

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Too bad. Thanks for the info.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top