• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Sunday 01 March 2015

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Nico talking lovingly to the ferocious goat in Broken Sword 5: The Serpent’s Curse (2014). It was unthinkable that the goat would not return when Kickstarter backers started calling themselves The Order of the GoatCool

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

That puzzle was both ridiculous and great Smile

Anyone got the goat Tshirt or bottle opener?

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I backed BS5 at the lowest level and I’m sorry I did. It turned out so well and was fun to play.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

It really did turn out great. The only (small) problem I think they could have avoided was dividing the game in two episodes, they should have just released the whole game together later.
It’s almost one year since the release, I hope we get some news soon on what is next for Revolution (BASS2 please).

Edit: BTW, 2015 is the year of the Goat! (Chinese zodiac)

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

wilco - 01 March 2015 12:08 PM

Edit: BTW, 2015 is the year of the Goat! (Chinese zodiac)

Hehe, precisely for this reason I was thinking this two weeks ago: they should have postponed the release to coincide with the Chinese New Year this year. Tongue

Doing something like that is not unheard of. The movie ‘9’ got postponed almost a full year, just so it could release on 09/09/09. Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

It was quite good, but relied too much on BS1 (similar like in BS1 - there’s an incident in Paris streets at the beginning, then we travel to Spanish hacienda looking for a secret chamber where we will light the candle in order to solve a centuries old mystery Smile; and after we travel to the Middle East).

Still, I think it’s safe to say it’s been one of the better (if not the best) Kickstarter efforts so far.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

BS5 turned out much better than I had ever expected. Even though I’m still not entirely sold on the way they handled the character models, the game is in general gorgeous to look at and just such a joy to play through.

The only aspect that felt rough was the cutscenes, where anything resembling action set pieces were slow, clunky and awkward.

Total Posts: 5814

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I really enjoyed BS3 & 4 but for me they lacked the charm of the previous games & BS5 seemed to recapture that!

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

Are there any sales figures anywhere to be found or can someone give some rough estimate?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top