• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04CaliMonkCharophyceanchrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Thursday 05 February 2015

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Today’s screenshot is from the episodic indie adventure Tales of Bingwood (2008). It’s a decent game, voiceacting and all. The hero is on a quest: saving a princess from the claws of an evil being.* A truly noble mission. But first he has to run numerous errands for numerous people. At the end of the first episode he’s finally succeeded in finding a way out of his village. Great, now bring on the adventure! But the first episode was also the last one. How I hate that. :angry.  Reminds me of Zelenhgorm, another abandoned episodic game, and a very ambitious one at that. At the end of Episode One the hero has finally managed to leave his village. Neutral

*Don’t go looking for dragons in this game, dear fellow quizzers, there are none.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Are there any dragons/dinosaurs in it?
Edit: Oops, serves me right. I never read entire posts before replying.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Great game. I used to play it every New Year. If the planned 5 chapters were all as good as the first one, we would have a game that could match the classic p&c’s. Those Finish bas…!! But, there’s still slim chance for sequels:

“There is still a slim chance of re-making the engine/game for Unity, which would likely mean a tablet version… and a sequel or two. There’s still hope, do remember the first episode was 15 years in the making.

As the game would be developed on a PC, it’s the first choice of platforms as well. Unity is a good engine for any device, as it allows making builds for almost any major platform with a push of a button. We were offering the game to Steam back in 2008 but no luck as that was before the “indie-friendly era”. Nowadays it would be a no-brainer.”

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

zobraks - 05 February 2015 07:08 AM

Are there any dragons/dinosaurs in it?
Edit: Oops, serves me right. I never read entire posts before replying.

You want dragons? Here’s one of the “thousands” DarkEye has overlooked. Tongue

Just for you, because you so often magnanimously give hints to other people: Smile One of Darkeye’s beasts is in a AGSotD thread. Piece of cake!

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

sport, but that’s not one of those I’m looking for.

Speaking of hints, people sure need them in AG scene… I can’t believe it took so long to figure out the galleries of Mr. Casandra (with their characteristic graphics).

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top