• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

apignarbCharophyceanJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Wednesday 04 February 2015

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

It’s Fringe Day!

I used to love solving puzzles in adventure games but over the years I grew more interested in story and exploration. One reason is that I’m not all that good at solving puzzles.  Shifty Eyed Still, I’ve played and enjoyed modern puzzle games such as Unmechanical. And I recently picked up where I’d left The Bridge (2013). I find its gravity and physics puzzles pretty hard and they may take me at least twice as long as the average player, but they’re very satisfying. Beautiful game world (inspired by Escher?), pity it’s in black-and-white, after a while I start missing colors.

I thought I’d read a review here at AG but the game is not in the database. Frown

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

It’s in Puzzling (Mis)adventures articles. Here.
http://www.adventuregamers.com/articles/view/26803

Some interesting games in there. Also played this one and also thought it was quite hard.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

OK what, the hell, is a Fringe Day?!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

diego - 04 February 2015 06:56 AM

You haven’t followed Karlok’s AGSotD much, have you? Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Fringe - an area of activity that is related to but not part of whatever is central or most widely accepted

or maybe

Smile

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Everything is explained in this post.

Thanks, Wilco!

PS: How do you find articles or non-reviews of games like this? The search function comes up with nothing. Browsing through pages and pages of articles, is that the only way?

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Oh, well. I thought it’s some sort of a recurring holiday day, and we’ll all eat apple pies today. Frown

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

One special Fringe Cake for Diego!

The fringe is pathetic…

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I ve been trying to bring myself to ask what is Fringe day too, but couldn’t ,glad you did Diego.

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Cakes have three pillars: chocolate, sugar and fruit juice/pieces for flavour

When two of the three pillars are knocked out from under the cake, it becomes fringe.

It is clear that there is no chocolate in diego’s Fringe Cake. I suspect there is no sugar either.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Advie - 04 February 2015 08:16 AM

I ve been trying to bring myself to ask what is Fringe day too, but couldn’t ,glad you did Diego.

It has already been Fringe Day many times. Don’t you people read my AGSotD threads…? Frown Oh well, that gives me an advantage in Darkeye’s latest quiz. Smile

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Sefir - 04 February 2015 08:23 AM

Cakes have three pillars: chocolate, sugar and fruit juice/pieces for flavour

When two of the three pillars are knocked out from under the cake, it becomes fringe.

It is clear that there is no chocolate in diego’s Fringe Cake. I suspect there is no sugar either.

I only see some edible foodlike substances mixed with E-numbers to give it some artificial color and flavor.

Yummie.  Yum

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Karlok - 04 February 2015 08:26 AM
Advie - 04 February 2015 08:16 AM

It has already been Fringe Day many times. Don’t you people read my AGSotD threads…? Frown Oh well, that gives me an advantage in Darkeye’s latest quiz. Smile

Don’t you read fairy tales?! OF COURSE I noticed The Fringe Day many times, but I guess I was too of a sissy to be the “shouting young boy in the crowd”. Frown

Sefir - 04 February 2015 08:23 AM

Yeah, that cake doesn’t have puzzles chocolate and story sugar! It’s all about the exploration!:

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Karlok - 04 February 2015 07:56 AM

PS: How do you find articles or non-reviews of games like this? The search function comes up with nothing. Browsing through pages and pages of articles, is that the only way?

In the top of the page under the Articles tab that is an option to go directly to only the Puzzling mis(adventures) articles. There aren’t many of them so far so it was easy to find.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top