• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Semifinal 2 - The Big AG VS Tournament

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

Semifinal 2

Grim Fandango                             26
'Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers       25 

p77

Tex MurphyThe Pandora Directive____________
                                             \__Finalist_1___
Day of the Tentacle__________________________
/               \
                                                              \
                                                               \____THE_WINNER
!!!
                                                               /
Grim Fandango________________________________                 

\__Finalist_2___/  
Gabriel KnightSins of the Fathers__________

Voting for this match will end on 8th February at 23:59 GMT.

Vote for the game you think is better in this duel. The one that wins this duel will go on to the Grand Final that will determine the one game that will remain and win the tournament for our community’s favorite adventure game.

Not sure what this tournament is all about? See the Overview thread here.

With sincere apologies to any new members joining the forum recently, due to concerns about ballot stuffing and vote fishing, only member accounts registered prior to 01.01.2015 may vote.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Niice its comes here to Sierra Vs Lucasarts in the suits of two lately tweaked ags .
I never really Like Jane’s ags, she had been the least I cared for at Sierra, but this time she gets my support

GK!
——————————-
I am unable to submit at the other Round, so here it is (here too)
DotT

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers - This was very hard for me, both games are lacking something to be in the final, but somehow GK is at least less pretentious, so it’s easier for me to give my vote for it

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers!

I have also played GF to completion but it’s very much a game where I found I was hooked on some parts of it & was less interested in others & ended up playing it in dribs & drabs according to where I’d got to - also I found it quite a hard game or I’m really thick!!! .......pleeease tell me it’s a hard game   Laughing

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Grim Fandango.

In a match between a game I gave 5 stars and one I gave 4.5, the 5-star game wins.

I have no problem whatsoever with the four semifinalists. All of them deserve to be here, imo. Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

The Beast Wi.. uhh, GK

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

ouch tough.
Still going to have to go with GK1. For me it probably is the #1 overall adventure.

Total Posts: 24

Joined 2006-04-30

PM

Absolutely love both and they’re both in my top 3 games of all time. I’m just actually playing Grim Fandango Remastered again, but I vote my all time favorite game, Gabriel Knight Sins of the Fathers.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I vote:

Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers     6

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Grim Fandango.

By the way, I can’t vote in the other thread. It says it can’t take my submission at this time.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

^if you post something else, then you can edit it to your vote.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Gabriel Knight is not a bad game, in fact it is a great game from a great series of games, and a worthy contender in the semifinals (unlike some other game I could mention), but this is the end of the line for Gabriel as far as I’m concerned.
Top 10 - Certainly, Top 5 - Well… why not? But Top 2 - Naah, its good but not that good!

Fortunately Grim Fandango is exactly that good!
It is imltho one of the three best adventure games ever made (and the only one of those three to make it to the semifinals Shifty Eyed)

So my vote goes to: Grim Fandango

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

More memorable story: Gabriel Knight
Better lead characters: Gabriel Knight by a mile
More interesting side characters: Gabriel Knight by a mile
Better graphics, compared to the date of release: Gabriel Knight
Better puzzles: Gabriel Knight by a mile
Better music: Gabriel Knight by a mile

Better game: Gabriel Knight

Total Posts: 179

Joined 2004-01-25

PM

Grim Fandango: Sins of the Fathers

Definitely a vote for Grim here. It looks like I need to play GK again and see what all the fuss is about.

Total Posts: 122

Joined 2013-04-26

PM

I vote for Gabriel Knight.

I’m surprised Grim Fandango is so popular because, to me, it looks like a bad Nintendo 64 game. Perhaps some people like it so much because they grew up with it. I’m that way with the movie Willow. I watched Willow many times as a kid and I loved it. Now as an adult I understand on some objective level that the movie is bad, but I still love it because…it’s Willow! I have great memories of watching Willow.

Total Posts: 20

Joined 2007-05-19

PM

Well, I played both GK and Grim Fandango for the first time when I was an adult, and they both now belong among my absolute favourites. I do love Gabriel and his world, but… Grim Fandango’s noir mood, unforgettable characters and GORGEOUS soundtrack have to win out for me here (not to mention Manny’s supersexy voice!!).

So, my vote goes to Grim Fandango.

Current favourites: Murdered: Soul Suspect, The Talos Principle
Lasting loves: Tex Murphy, Gabriel Knight, Black Dahlia, Grim Fandango, The Last Express, L.A. Noire, Portal 2

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top