• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Image hosting sites

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Are they all going to start charging! I used Image Shack & then last year they wanted a small subscription fee - okay it was only a few dollars for the whole year but now a year later they want a whole lot more - I’ve got so many images stored with them I just went ahead & paid as I don’t want them disappearing!

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

I use photobucket and I’ve never had to pay anything, and works quite well at least for my needs and I have many images stored there, but do not know if it has less features than Image Shack.

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I had issues with photobucket recently. They lowered the image quality automatically while uploading so that my game screenshots ended up fuzzy.

I changed to Tinypic and been happy with it so far.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

http://imgur.com/

Best site, upload without signing up, faster, flexible and user friendly.

I was using Tinypic for PS4 pics earlier then later shifted to this, as its super fast
and convenient

Even my Alien Isolation Pics folder is up and running, Check out

http://imgur.com/hFJH41G,qogxBgB,Y2MkIHH,D0o6dSU,TiEkOpt,g7GWqvW,rg4FAbZ,BRl8iuN,7sqUtt5,Om3Dlia,m80zkM3,ysN9Wqo

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I have a Photobucket Pro account ($25 per year) and have never had a problem with it.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

What’s wrong with Flickr? It’s free, easy to use etc etc.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I’m very happy with imgur too. Very fast and easy. But this thread convinced me I should upgrade to Imgur Pro ($23.95 a year) because the free version only shows the first 225 pics and I don’t want to run the risk that my AGSotD pics disappear.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Wow, I pay less than that for my own online hosting, which means 15 GB of space to do whatever I want. I much prefer that over image hosting sites…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Thanks for all the replies & info! I registered with Photobucket but have never been able to get pass the captchas - I’m obviously a bot! I’m now stuck with Image Shack but the subscription does allow for unlimited uploads & I do like the site (apart from the cost) - although I did use Imgur for one AGSotD screenshot as there seemed to be a delay between renewing the subscription for IS & being able to upload anything! I’ll probably get around to replacing it with one from IS some time.

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

As most such sites, Photobucket has just been getting worse and worse. I can barely use it nowadays, it’s so heavy and clunky, it keeps jamming up and it’s full of ads. I.e. I’ve stopped using it.

Last autumn I went to Flickr and it’s been working quite nicely compared to Photobucket. For a more “portfolio” type situation I’ve been using 500px.com recently, it’s got a pretty nice photography community and it’s more of a professional site (and you can get quite a bit of views without really doing much). But it’s not so much for storage or such and you can’t… is the word hotlink?

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Karlok - 28 January 2015 07:14 AM

I’m very happy with imgur too. Very fast and easy. But this thread convinced me I should upgrade to Imgur Pro ($23.95 a year) because the free version only shows the first 225 pics and I don’t want to run the risk that my AGSotD pics disappear.

The pictures won’t disappear and the links will still work, at least they still work for me, but you can’t browse through more than the last x amount of pictures you have uploaded from your account page. At least that is how I understand the difference between the pro and free version.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Iznogood - 28 January 2015 06:23 PM
Karlok - 28 January 2015 07:14 AM

The pictures won’t disappear and the links will still work, at least they still work for me, but you can’t browse through more than the last x amount of pictures you have uploaded from your account page. At least that is how I understand the difference between the pro and free version.

You’re right, the links would still work, but I don’t regret upgrading to Imgur Pro because I hate not being able to see my pics. Now I can see all 263 of them again.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Well, using image hosting sites is pretty much like investing in stock market Grin - when I realized image shack ate many of the pics in my “Let’s play” thread I knew what share holders of the bankrupted company feel like Tongue What you need is a reliable image hosting site, but there’s no way to tell which one will go down the drain. I think of uploading my pics to at least two image hosting sites parallel.

Which reminds me of a joke - why the statistician brought bomb to his plane flight? The odds of a two bombs on a plane are less than slim.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2015-02-20

PM

Hi, I’m still quite new here but have a question regarding image hosting and using some of the images for an own website that I am creating. I’m currently creating a wordpress blog on 1and1 and will be using mostly own pictures, but for some of the posts I would like to use license-free images from image hosting sites. Ideally free of charge, but I would also be willing to pay a small amount if the images are really nice.

I did a bit of research and it seems that to avoid any trouble one should only use pictures under the creative commons license right? Let me know if you have more information on this, because the whole image licensing is quite confusing and maybe someone also knows a good site where to purchase images.

My blog is going to be on fashion, so a niche photography site focusing on fashion would also be useful Smile

Best regards,
Kaitlyn

Start by doing what is necessary, then do what is possible, and suddently you are doing the impossible.

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2015-03-28

PM

I think you should try http://picuploaders.com . It’s free free free!  Innocent  Innocent

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top