• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

LittleRose

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Project Scissors: NightCry

Total Posts: 164

Joined 2007-11-25

PM

Playism Games is on Kickstarter with a spiritual successor to Clock Tower.

It’s a horror point and click adventure game, and a collaboration between Hifumi Kono (the creator of Clock Tower) and movie director Takashi Shimizu (Ju-on: The Grudge). It’s got talent from Silent Hill, Metal Gear Solid, and more, working on art and music. Unlike the previous games this game takes place on a cruise ship.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playism/project-scissors-nightcry

More details:
NightCry is set on a cruise ship, and you have been invited along for the cruise of a (possibly short) lifetime. While your surroundings are luxurious and the guests are friendly, not everything is as it should be. The guests and the crew start to turn up dead, the victims of some foul murderer.

As those aboard begin to suspect each other, night falls, and a baby’s cry echoes throughout. It’s up to you to search for clues that will lead you to the killer as you float, lost, on the open sea.

But be forewarned - your actions will determine how many survive to the end.

I like games in small open worlds where choices matter (like The Last Express), so I’m pretty hyped Smile

Total Posts: 601

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Looks good, but lately on the video game KS front $300k looks like a big, big ask.

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2008-02-17

PM

My first thought: Is she going to be sneaking around that ship in high heels the entire game? Seems sort of counter-productive to be “quiet” and have those monstrous things on her feet… Tongue

I am rubber, you are glue

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Thorn - 26 January 2015 06:29 AM

My first thought: Is she going to be sneaking around that ship in high heels the entire game? Seems sort of counter-productive to be “quiet” and have those monstrous things on her feet… Tongue

3 points for ya, for actually being able to look at feet and not her breasts.

Tongue

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Come on Shu, back the PS4 version!

Hopefully a good sign, i was wondering for Sony to pick it up at some point.

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

I guess the fact that the first Clock Tower was never officially released outside of Japan gives this project a slow start. Which is a real shame. This has the potential of becoming a truly awesome horror adventure.

NP: A Link Between Worlds, Beneath a Steel Sky and Vampyr

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

First gameplay trailer,

Looks exactly like what i had imagined, classic ClockTower 1 PSX + D , they need to iron out animations and framerate.
Sound effects and ambience are spot on.

Aceattorney guy also on board, those character sketches of lead characters are cool.

Everything is cool except the pace of KS lol.

Henke - 27 January 2015 04:43 PM

I guess the fact that the first Clock Tower was never officially released outside of Japan gives this project a slow start. Which is a real shame. This has the potential of becoming a truly awesome horror adventure.

I think its lack of buzz, most of the people (like at Neogaf) are just coming to know,
considering it has SH artist and CV Composer on board.

CT 1 was hit, CT3 received well.
They even planned CT Hollywood movie at one point.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Not even the gameplay video gave it a big boost and I’ve seen it reported in some places This is depressing…

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Game had a little bump in the last days, now at 50% funded, but still a lot to cover in the last week.

They also announced console versions and showed extended gameplay:

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Not trying to annoy, but as someone looking at this out of the loop and “aura” of the designer etc, it doesn’t particularly look that great of a project. The character models seem a bit off and the overall vibe from the video feels very dated.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

That’s not an unfair look, the game does look outdated, (and it might have something to do with the mobile origins) but it trying to do something that doens’t really exist now - a survival horror adventure. (and not using pixel art that is all he rage in kickstarter now).
You do have to see the talent in there to see potential in game design, monster design and music. I don’t know if it will work or not, it’s a leap of faith like most kickstarters Smile

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

The money they are asking is for the updgrade, they even outdid themselves by showing and sharing that much. Though tits and heels indeed are wtf! odd, but there are too many
intentional nods to old school ps2 games which they are trying to emulate.
I would take PS2 survival horror HD game anytime, than having nothing.

Fumito Ueda (Game designer, Ico, Shadow of the Colossus)

“Of all the PlayStation games I’ve played, the “Clock Tower” series has left one of the strongest impressions on me. There have been a lot of notable games throughout PlayStation’s history, but “Clock Tower” might be one of the few that can actually shine using touchscreen controls. I’m really looking forward to seeing what all the talented artists, starting with Mr. Kono himself, are going to do with the content and themes they’ll be working with. I’m also hoping that this will be an opportunity for Japanese developers to gain even more of a foothold in the spotlight of gaming around the world.”

- Fumito Ueda

Sucks it would fail, they even are targeting other areas, not just Cruise.

Ito’ sick design

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playism/project-scissors-nightcry/posts/1126766

And loving the Cellphone mechanic, new way to search survivors and friends.

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

That does sound interesting. Maybe it’s a case of them showing the gameplay too early in the video?

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

wilco - 14 February 2015 12:55 PM

They also announced console versions and showed extended gameplay:

I really liked the PS1 version of Clock Tower, didn’t think that Clock Tower 3 captured the spirit of the 1st & felt more like a ’cash in’ of the idea.
I’m intrigued by Project Scissors: NightCry as after already reading the enthusiastic ideas of the developers & watching that You Tube version of the extended game-play & other bits & pieces it does seem like it’s intending to capture the essence of the original.
The game-play does look interesting but I couldn’t help thinking that the environments did look a little dull but also there is too much focus on the protagonist’s heaving bosoms which looks like a lot more work has been devoted there rather than to other details of the game? I can’t help thinking that the developers should cover her up? I don’t think there’s any problem with heels & smart dress on a cruise-ship but I do find the bulging breasts gratuitous & unrepresentative of the way most women would dress unless they’re a prostitute or a celebrity!  Naughty

And I can’t help thinking it doesn’t help the kickstarter.

EDIT I’m not just saying this as potential female player of the game but most of my male friends would be put off by that degree of overtness (& no! they’re not gay!)

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Well, it’s just a character, I’m sure she has good reason for the dressing and change clothes sometime during the game Smile (if it’s hurting or helping the campaign I have no idea)

Monica is an American, 21 year old student that takes Leonard Cosgrove’s course. She is out-going and has a lot of friends, but no “best friends.” She suffers from mood-swings, and is easily influenced by passing trends. She and Rooney don’t get along, likely because they’re polar opposites.

She comes from an impoverished background, the eldest daughter of 7 siblings. She attends college by working part-time as a janitor and as a waitress. Her dream is to fall in love with a celebrity, and she hopes to accomplish that during the cruise.

The other character at least is much more low profile

Rooney (American, 22 years old) is one of the other students that takes Cosgrove’s course. She’s introverted, serious to a fault, and dislikes standing out. Her grades are relatively high. She has largely lost the will to live after being possessed by suicidal ideations following an incident in her past. Her schoolmates make fun of her, calling her glum and stale, and she gets the sense that she doesn’t belong in the group.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

wilco - 16 February 2015 10:03 AM

Monica is an American, 21 year old student that takes Leonard Cosgrove’s course. She is out-going and has a lot of friends, but no “best friends.” She suffers from mood-swings, and is easily influenced by passing trends. She and Rooney don’t get along, likely because they’re polar opposites.

She comes from an impoverished background, the eldest daughter of 7 siblings. She attends college by working part-time as a janitor and as a waitress. Her dream is to fall in love with a celebrity, and she hopes to accomplish that during the cruise.

The other character at least is much more low profile

Rooney (American, 22 years old) is one of the other students that takes Cosgrove’s course. She’s introverted, serious to a fault, and dislikes standing out. Her grades are relatively high. She has largely lost the will to live after being possessed by suicidal ideations following an incident in her past. Her schoolmates make fun of her, calling her glum and stale, and she gets the sense that she doesn’t belong in the group.

The characters do seem interesting!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top