• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Monday 26 January 2015

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

TOURNAMENT QUARTER FINALS - Special

Today’s candidate for the quarter finals is Monkey Island 2: LeChuck’s Revenge.

The Monkey Island Bounty Pack was an early Christmas present in 2000 & the 1st games I got to play on PC which left me with very fond memories & a catchy soundtrack that rang through my head for months afterwards! This is one of my favourite scenes!

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

None other game had come close to the SENSE OF FREEDOM Monkey Island 2 gives you - I’m not only talking about the free roaming between the islands, but also the rich exploration right from the start on Scabb Island.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

^This

And it’s even augmented by the fact that from the start Largo imposed blockade of the island and when you finally lift it you feel you can literary conquer the world, that feeling when Captain Dread gives you the map of a “WHOLE” Tri-island area cannot be described by words, it has to be felt.

@Chrissie
Listening to that story and considering that you still haven’t voted in QF1 thread I realize that there still might be a glimpse of hope, a tiny bead of promise that just maybe an underdog already scrapped by all could still prevail in the end Gasp

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Bogi - 26 January 2015 07:46 AM

^This

@Chrissie
Listening to that story and considering that you still haven’t voted in QF1 thread I realize that there still might be a glimpse of hope, a tiny bead of promise that just maybe an underdog already scrapped by all could still prevail in the end Gasp

MI2 an underdog?!? That’s a bit of a stretch   Smile

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

Oh but it is, just look at the results, everything goes as predicted… Frown

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I doubt that there was even a single forum member that would have told you “TPD is going to make it to the finals” when all these started.
The Grand Competitors were MI, MI2, MI3, GK, GK2, TLJ, DotT…and of course GF (which will probably take the 1st place too)!

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Yes, I wouldn’t have called Pandora a favorite and MI2 an underdog in the beginning. Except for the divisive ending I see it present in a lot of best adventure games lists and it got a remake not long ago.
Still, the voting in very balanced right now.

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

I would say Smile by following the other threads and stance of members regarding various topics.
BUT I must admit that I didn’t expect that it will beat CMI so easily and that Sierra games will underperform catastrophically, also TLJ to some extent. The greatest dark horse for me was Blade Runner, I didn’t expect such great result at all.

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Bogi - 26 January 2015 11:43 AM

The greatest dark horse for me was Blade Runner, I didn’t expect such great result at all.

Me neither (I can already see it as the main candidate for the next AGCP voting), though the love TWW got was an even greater surprise IMHO.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

wilco - 26 January 2015 11:38 AM

Yes, I wouldn’t have called Pandora a favorite and MI2 an underdog in the beginning. Except for the divisive ending I see it present in a lot of best adventure games lists and it got a remake not long ago.
Still, the voting in very balanced right now.

I just looked at the games in AGer’s top 100 list & MI2 is no 8 but Pandora Directive is just below it at no 9! I didn’t have a clue when the voting started what games would get ahead & I feel disappointed that some didn’t!

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

chrissie - 26 January 2015 12:03 PM

I just looked at the games in AGer’s top 100 list & MI2 is no 8 but Pandora Directive is just below it at no 9! I didn’t have a clue when the voting started what games would get ahead & I feel disappointed that some didn’t!

According to the Top-100, the gretest names that are disqualified thus far are Riven(No5), The Last Express(No7) and….Portal 2 (No10).

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

And Blade Runner was number 21! For me the biggest surprise as well. I mean, how often is Blade Runner mentioned on the forums compared to for instance my favorite The Last Express? I’m disappointed and surprised that TLE was eliminated so soon. Riven too.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Blade Runner was the biggest surprise! (Well, got me to start playing the game).

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Karlok - 26 January 2015 12:19 PM

And Blade Runner was number 21!

The Whispered World was not even in the Top-100 and made it to the Top-16 here. Wink

But to the screen above, MI2 is a great game. I like the darker tone it has from the other games of the series. It gives a really distinctive note to it. Also, nice riddles and the 4-island gameplay diego mentioned…

Unfortunately for it, TPD will prevail though.  Naughty
(before losing to GF)

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Sefir - 26 January 2015 12:53 PM

The Whispered World was not even in the Top-100 and made it to the Top-16 here. Wink

I would have loved it for the game to have got further! The final 8 I know are all worthy contenders but I do find it disappointing that that there’s no newer games amongst them.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Personally I was hoping that Blackwell Epiphany would be the “new” game that made it into the top 8, but I guess that not enough people have played it yet. I did however notice that almost everybody that has played it also voted for it, which I find very positive.

But yes there has indeed been a lot of surprises in this tournament, both positive and negative imo.

To get back to MI2, then it could and would have been a great game, perhaps the best in the MI series, if it wasn’t for that terrible ending, that kind of destroyed the whole thing for me.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top