• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

GabrielKeybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Auto Login ?

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Since 10AM Today (GMT+2) and every time i close my Browser and reopen it ,i need to Login again!

surly i rechecked the Auto Login Box (Twice) and i find it everytime checked already !

P.S/Edit: i know this would be due to my Browser or my System but i tried everything before i post this, i renew my Firefox and Made a Full System Scan and above all i didnt have this issue before, i remember i entered my Password 2 times only; one when i made my Account here and the 2nd was after the relaunch .

Total Posts: 244

Joined 2011-02-27

PM

Copying from the other thread:

About the “remember me” option not working: It turns out this is a known current issue with ExpressionEngine 2.5, and I’m told a fix is in development. It’s not something I can address in the meantime, but it’s something the next patch/update of ExpressionEngine will hopefully fix.

Retired AG founder

Total Posts: 69

Joined 2007-08-13

PM

Logging in all the time sucks my socks off!

~ Flight Of The Amazon Queen ~ Best Adventure ever!

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve found that I have to keep logging in too but just today?

Total Posts: 212

Joined 2005-10-07

PM

I’ve also started getting this problem today, but it was fine before. =/

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

I think a related problem is that I don’t get an email every time someone posts in a thread I subscribed to.

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Staying logged in just became a problem for me also today.  Up to this point it had been fine.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

Another thing, if you want to reply to a topic and have to log in you aren’t returned to the topic automatically as before and the notification to click if you want to be returned is disappearing too quickly to be clicked on.  Couldn’t it be the default as before?

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

I also have login problems. My browser doesn’t close, but when I return to the site I have to login again.

Total Posts: 17

Joined 2007-06-07

PM

This and no “Go to first unread post” makes it a pain to deal with this board. I would rather have the old one back or some different forum software. These are basic functions that any modern forum have.

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

The login process would be much faster if the cursor was already in the “Username” field, so you don’t have to click there anymore before typing. Is it possible to make that?

Total Posts: 401

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

Same here, need to log in each time I start my computer.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

tsa - 27 May 2012 05:47 AM

The login process would be much faster if the cursor was already in the “Username” field, so you don’t have to click there anymore before typing. Is it possible to make that?

Why do you need to type anything? Your browser should remember your username and password if you tell it to.

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Kurufinwe - 27 May 2012 11:08 AM
tsa - 27 May 2012 05:47 AM

Why do you need to type anything? Your browser should remember your username and password if you tell it to.

I don’t like that so I don’t tell it to. But maybe it’s a good idea to switch that feature on just for Adventure Gamers. OTOH, autologin seems to work for me today. No idea why.

Edit: hm, I was too early to cheer. Now it doesn’t work anymore.

Total Posts: 460

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

tsa - 27 May 2012 11:20 AM

Edit: hm, I was too early to cheer. Now it doesn’t work anymore.

Well, like Marek said many posts ago, it’s a bug in Expression Engine itself. Until they release a fix, you shouldn’t expect auto-login to work.

It has been working fine for me over the past week though.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Baldur’s Gate 3, Alan Wake Remastered, Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Recently Completed: Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Silent Hill: The Short Message, Under the Waves, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, Control: Ultimate Edition
Anticipating: Beyond Good and Evil 2
Backing: Asylum

Total Posts: 401

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

Just realized it works for me with my XP computer, but not with my Win 7.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top