• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Saturday 17 January 2015

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I don’t know of any adventures set in the second world war, so my expectations of the Austrian adventure Undercover Operation Wintersun (2007) were high. It’s a linear 3rd-person spy story featuring a British scientist who is sent to Germany to find out if the Nazis are developing a nuclear bomb device. The first few scenes and puzzles were promising, but I lost interest after a while. A medicocre game. Nothing I’d call atrocious, except perhaps the uninspired voiceacting. Nothing very good either.  Frown

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

There’s this little bit Karlok:

http://www.adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/915/

and Black Dahlia is set in the time period if not directly involved with the war itself.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Thanks, Jabod! I knew there must be some.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Yeah, that’s an incredible fact - you couldn’t count FPS and strategy games about WWII, but when it comes to adventures, the hand of a Three Fingered Jack would suffice to count them all.

What’s more - they all seem to suck (well apart from semi-WW2 Black Dahlia and TimeQuest). Also, isn’t the intro to The Whispered World 2 set in WW2?

Anyway, I always wanted to try Undercover, but keep reading how it’s “average”. I might try it. There’re are some “average” games which turned out to be my favorites. Tongue

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 5834

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I know I enjoyed the game at the time but I don’t remember much about it now so it certainly doesn’t feature in my top favourite games. I like the screenshot & it’s just reminded me of that constant annoying ‘model pose’ of the female Anne Taylor (I’d forgotten her name & just looked that up!) - I’m not a ‘b****’ really & can’t remember whether it suited her motives or character but it’s not very ‘spyey’ & didn’t seem to fit her role - why couldn’t she stand properly! ( She must have imagined that she was in a James Bond film! Laughing  )

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top