• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Wormsie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Casual Playthrough #5 – Time Dreamer

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

TIME DREAMER PLAYTHROUGH – SECTION TWO

So, here you are in the year 2022, where you will enjoy the benefits of sleek office furniture, futuristic security systems, and robotic domestic pets. You’ll also note the irrefutable evidence on the table that humans in the Future still love sugary snacks.

Clearly you have an extraordinary new ability. Will you use it for good or for ill?

Soon it’ll be “Forward to the Past,” which is dominated by an INFAMous power struggle between your friend Giovanni and his arch nemesis, the bushy-mustachioed Mr. Stimmer. Can your happiness, plus that of your father and (perhaps) the entire town of Gloomville rest on the color of the magic markers on this chart?

Continue playing until you reach the beginning of Chapter Five, where you will cast your eyes on the alarmingly overgrown exterior of your home in the Present.  (What do the neighbors think, I wonder?)

If possible, finish this section before Friday, January 9th, 2015, when the third section will start.

Total Posts: 5034

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I’m not sure. Maybe some parts of the game are more memorable than others. But I zipped through the two chapters in less than an hour. I’m wondering whether you might consider doing three chapters as the next session.

Of course I have no idea how the other players are doing time-wise.

I do remember that there are puzzles, e.g. the paper shredder “puzzle” that I would have much preferred to solve myself rather than the game solving it for me.

Then again, the game was developed in 2010. Casual games have improved by leaps and bound since this game came out. And this game was probably thought of as light years ahead of the simple Hidden Object games that preceded it.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

crabapple - 07 January 2015 09:41 AM

I solved the lock pick “puzzle” almost by accident—just kept clicking on it.
Apparently all you need to do is click around the edges of the circular part. When you click the right spot, something in the lock springs open. There are three of these things that spring open, so you start clicking around the edges all over again to spring the next one. As a clue, as you start clicking closer to the right spot, the sound of the click changes a little. Some of the scratches on the lock may have been clues—as if someone had picked it before.

The lockpick puzzle reminded me VERY much of the lockpick minigames in Fallout 3.

Becky - 07 January 2015 09:44 AM

Tim—I suspect that your Dad is supposed to resemble Albert Einstein having a very bad hair day.

I thought that too, but here it looks like they just added it with Paint. Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

rtrooney - 07 January 2015 03:29 PM

I’m wondering whether you might consider doing three chapters as the next session.

There are 8 chapters, and I’m planning 4 sections, so I’d rather stick with 2 sections per chapter. I’ll try to post the next section very early on Friday, forum time (Thursday evening my time), to move things along a bit faster.

The lock pick puzzle—as I recall you aim the metal marker/pin thing at various spots on the round dial and then simply hold down the mouse to see if it moves freely. If you can’t move it by holding down the mouse, just select another spot and try again (so it does involve some trial and error). I’m pretty sure you’ve finished each round when you can’t move the metal marker any further and you hear a “clunk” sound.

I like lockpick puzzles. Much more than, say, those pathway puzzles where you have to hit every single point as you go around and it turns out you have to find the exact precise place to begin or you’re toast. Pan

TimovieMan—I have a couple of screenshots that show the father’s face in a closeup, but I’m pretty sure they are from later in the game. I’ll post them near the end so we can all critique his hairdo.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Becky - 07 January 2015 05:11 PM
rtrooney - 07 January 2015 03:29 PM

I’m wondering whether you might consider doing three chapters as the next session.

There are 8 chapters, and I’m planning 4 sections, so I’d rather stick with 2 sections per chapter. I’ll try to post the next section very early on Friday, forum time (Thursday evening my time), to move things along a bit faster.

The pace of the playthrough is fast enough for me & I am quite happy with just the 2 chapters per section - oh! to be retired!  Laughing

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Becky - 07 January 2015 05:11 PM

TimovieMan—I have a couple of screenshots that show the father’s face in a closeup, but I’m pretty sure they are from later in the game. I’ll post them near the end so we can all critique his hairdo.

LOL.

Well, so far, I was only talking about that picture that Giovanni showed us… Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 343

Joined 2012-03-13

PM

So far this is my least favorite playthrough. I really like the humor, find the story interesting and don’t really mind the inconsistencies.  There are, to my mind two problems with it.

The hidden object scenes are not fair. More than once I have found two or more items that fit the description while only one is acceptable.  And the items are so fuzzy that it seems unfair to be penalized for clicking on something you can’t see.

The protagonist seems too simple-minded to live. That and his attitude towards his father’s life work is very condescending. Of course this may change as the plot unfolds but if so the developers are basically lying to the player which is, once again, not fair.

On the other hand, Giovanni is interesting, at least the way they are presenting him. His level of domination over the protagonist is something that I don’t think would be present unless this is an established pattern in a previous relationship. Specifically they have him looming over you and literally in your face. Also he is very peremptory with his orders. I have some ideas how this is going to play out but I hope I am wrong.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

furgotten - 07 January 2015 07:26 PM

I really like the humor

Wait, there’s humour? Gasp

Reached chapter five.

Well, that chapter start was to be expected. Out of the frying pan, into the fire.
It’s no surprise that Giovanni was not to be trusted, although we lack details at the moment.

Couple of remarks about chapters three and four: that firm has the WORST security systems ever. A fingerprint scanner that correctly scans a dirty paper print, which is mirrored? A facial/body scanner that correctly scans a mannequin with a picture for a face? Bah. Tongue

Based on the 1990, 2010 and 2022 pictures we’ve seen, it appears that both Stimmer and Giovanni don’t age. What is up with that? Nothing? In 32 years???

And why did it appear like Giovanni just burst in while we were time-traveling?

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

TimovieMan - 08 January 2015 06:28 AM

And why did it appear like Giovanni just burst in while we were time-traveling?

The implication here (I think) is that Giovanni can time travel as well and could have performed all these deeds himself. So why did he need Brown Jr. to do it? One explanation I’m considering (not a particularly good one) is that Giovanni is really good at manipulating people, but not good at breaking into “secure” offices and disabling machines/devices.

There is an explanation later in the game for why Giovanni doesn’t age. But why Stimmer doesn’t? Not explained. We only see pictures/portraits of Stimmer. Maybe he is a bit vain and insisted that only portraits from his youth could be used?

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve just reached Chapter 5. Chapter 3 & 4 seemed to be about manipulating things to ensure that Giovanni was voted as director of the company rather than Stimmer purely on the say-so of Giovanni who claimed that the accidental death of your father came about as a result of Stimmer being the director - we don’t know yet about what happened to your father so I don’t really trust Giovanni at this point. I don’t mind all the ‘silly things’ like reversed fingerprints, using clothes & a photo on a dummy as a means of identification - there’s plenty of unbelievable things that have turned up in full-blown adventures!

I don’t know what else to say at this point except I’m intrigued & I thought Giovanni & Stimmer look very similar!

Total Posts: 343

Joined 2012-03-13

PM

chrissie - 08 January 2015 01:31 PM

I don’t know what else to say at this point except I’m intrigued & I thought Giovanni & Stimmer look very similar!

I thought so to but I am not very good at facial recognition.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Woke up this morning. Outside temp was -8F. Furnace wasn’t working! Gasp Thumbs Up

Everything returned to normal by this afternoon. Was wearing several layers of clothing indoors!

I’m ready to resume gameplay! Anything to take my mind off todays lack of productivity.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

TIME DREAMER PLAYTHROUGH – SECTION THREE

In Section Three of this playthrough, you will return to the nostalgic scenes of your childhood, where you will enjoy the Christmas season—though the perplexities of time travel are beginning to wear on you.

You will have a privilege of seeing what Santa might have looked like, before spending millions of sedentary hours researching who’s been bad or good.

Continue playing until you reach the beginning of Chapter Seven, where you will find yourself once again in the Future – this time in a silvery, bluish storage room with laser-light bars.

If possible, finish this section before Sunday, January 11th, 2015, when the fourth and final section will start.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Becky - 08 January 2015 08:33 PM

[If possible, finish this section before Friday, January 11th, 2015, when the fourth and final section will start.

I think you mean Saturday 1/11. Smile Although if you let me go haywire on the next session on Friday, that’s OK by me.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

rtrooney - 08 January 2015 08:49 PM
Becky - 08 January 2015 08:33 PM

[If possible, finish this section before Friday, January 11th, 2015, when the fourth and final section will start.

I think you mean Saturday 1/11. Smile

I think Becky means Sunday, January 11th. Wink

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top