• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Deponia (Adventure Shop, Steam, GamersGate) - language issues and getting it to run

Total Posts: 24

Joined 2012-02-03

PM

YAY, finally we can download Deponia I guess it’s also in English? in the Adventure Shop it only mentions German anyway I’m downloading it Smile

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2012-08-06

PM

Buy it on Steam.  The Adverture Shop version is German only.

Joined 2012-02-03

PM

Really?? I would have thought it was the English version as well after the review and everything, oh well, I want my money back Smile

Joined 2012-08-06

PM

Me too.  However, I’m not quite sure how to make that happen, so if you manage to get your money back, let me know.

Joined 2012-02-03

PM

Cyreen - 07 August 2012 12:47 AM

Me too.  However, I’m not quite sure how to make that happen, so if you manage to get your money back, let me know.

OK, I sure will although I won’t be holding my breath but still they may have the english version as well Smile

Total Posts: 117

Joined 2006-12-03

PM

Am I missing something? I got my (English) copy from Amazon (UK), Play.com is selling it as well, and there are several copies available on Ebay.

Total Posts: 57

Joined 2012-01-24

PM

It looks like the listing for Deponia on The Adventure Shop has finally changed the language from german to english. However for this particular game, I would really recommend the retail version. It includes a CD with the soundtrack and a very funny manual.

Joined 2012-08-06

PM

Castledoque - 07 August 2012 11:10 AM

It looks like the listing for Deponia on The Adventure Shop has finally changed the language from german to english.

Really? Where? It still shows “German” on my browser and the game I bought from them installed German and I didn’t find a language option anywhere in the German Settings. I bought my copy as a pre-order from the Adventure Shop a month ago, was originally told by email that it would be available for download on the July 31, then they put it on sale, and when it did release on August 6, I got the German version. 

Ask me if I’ll be a return customer.

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

For now I’d buy Deponia on Steam if I were to buy it online, as it’s on sale there - 20 % off the price, so it’s just €15.99 instead of €19.99.

The sale lasts until august 14th: http://store.steampowered.com/app/214340/

Joined 2012-08-06

PM

Kasper F. Nielsen - 07 August 2012 12:03 PM

For now I’d buy Deponia on Steam

Yep, I did that too (I really wanted to play this game!) and now it won’t launch, which is really odd because the German version ran fine.  I’ve verified the file in Steam and it keeps telling me that one file won’t verify and it will reacquire, but it still doesn’t launch. 

Dying of frustration - maybe it just wasn’t meant to be?

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Deponia on Steam? What? Didn’t notice it
Chains of Satinav also and Book of Unwritten Tales.
Finally some new adventures on steam!

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Cyreen - 07 August 2012 12:25 PM
Kasper F. Nielsen - 07 August 2012 12:03 PM

For now I’d buy Deponia on Steam

Yep, I did that too (I really wanted to play this game!) and now it won’t launch, which is really odd because the German version ran fine.  I’ve verified the file in Steam and it keeps telling me that one file won’t verify and it will reacquire, but it still doesn’t launch. 

Dying of frustration - maybe it just wasn’t meant to be?

Contact Steam support, perhaps try and look in the Steam forums if anyone else is having the same problems.

Total Posts: 173

Joined 2012-08-06

PM

Ouch. With Steam I could have spent half of what I paid for the retail version. Neutral Oh well, I still love all the extra goodies that come with the Lace Mamba packages.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.

Give a man a rod and he will sit on a boat and drink beer all day. - USA Network

Joined 2012-02-03

PM

I see GamersGate have got Deponia for just under $16, I think I will try again Smile

Joined 2012-02-03

PM

Cyreen - 07 August 2012 11:45 AM
Castledoque - 07 August 2012 11:10 AM

It looks like the listing for Deponia on The Adventure Shop has finally changed the language from german to english.

Really? Where? It still shows “German” on my browser and the game I bought from them installed German and I didn’t find a language option anywhere in the German Settings. I bought my copy as a pre-order from the Adventure Shop a month ago, was originally told by email that it would be available for download on the July 31, then they put it on sale, and when it did release on August 6, I got the German version. 

Ask me if I’ll be a return customer.

WOW…I really do think you deserve your money back Smile

Joined 2012-08-06

PM

TrevorNZ - 07 August 2012 06:45 PM

WOW…I really do think you deserve your money back Smile

Me too!  Lol

Goldeneye - 07 August 2012 03:37 PM

I you had a version of Deponia installed other than the Steam one, you’ll have to delete the config files and the savegames folder of the game. Those versions and savegames are not compatible.

Did - I completely uninstalled the German version prior to purchasing from Steam. 

I have service tickets filed with both Steam and The Adventure Shop, but I haven’t heard back from either yet.  If I don’t hear back from The Adventure Shop within a reasonable time, I’ll try filing a complaint with Paypal to get my money back.

I really just want to play the game - in English.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top