• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

IronCretin

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Monday 6 August 2012

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

This is Dragonsphere, one of the three adventures made by Microprose, in which you, as the king of your land, go on a quest to defeat the evil sorcerer Sanwe (and, as you can see, things are not going as well as you’d planned). It’s an extremely underrated game (it doesn’t even have a review on AGs), with some pretty clever puzzles and a great plot that twists and turns quite a bit. And it’s !FREE! on Gog, so you really have no reason not to play it.

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

I’ve always meant to play this since it’s free on GOG.com, but never put in the time because the lack of reviews or general word of mouth.

Maybe I’ll give Dragonsphere a spin later this year.

Total Posts: 97

Joined 2011-03-06

PM

I loved Dragonsphere!!!

I can’t even tell you how many years it has been since I played this game, and yet surprisingly I recognized it as soon as I saw your screenshot.

Good memories Smile

What are the other 2 games made by this developer?

Currently Playing: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes;
Currently Re-Playing: Culpa Innata

Recently Finished: Secret Files: Puritas Cordis, Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer, Dear Esther

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

inm8#2 - 06 August 2012 01:36 PM

I’ve always meant to play this since it’s free on GOG.com, but never put in the time because the lack of reviews or general word of mouth.

Well, for what it’s worth, it has my personal recommendation. I didn’t play it at the time of its release and only discovered it a few years ago. I expected a cheap King’s Quest knock-off (like Kyrandia 1), but was pleasantly surprised. The world is really intriguing, the puzzles are often clever and the story has a few genuine surprises in store. It’s not the ultimate classic, it’s not going to change your life, but it’s defintely well worth playing.

J-Boo - 06 August 2012 01:48 PM

What are the other 2 games made by this developer?

Return of the Phantom and Rex Nebular. Haven’t played the former, liked the latter.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

I “bought” this on GOG when it was free, but havn’t got round to play it yet.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

I really like the graphics. I might give this a try based on that and your recommendation :-)

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I’m going to be adventurous here and say that Dragonsphere is better than any of the King’s Quest games. Yes, even KQVI. 

The plot twist in the game totally took me by surprise and is probably the best twist in any adventure ever.

Total Posts: 134

Joined 2007-03-25

PM

“Return of the Phantom” was the best of the three, IMHO. Short, but sweet. And so atmospheric.

Dragonsphere was good. Rex Nebular got rather dull after awhile. I like the idea of Leisure Suit Larry-style humor in space, but the humor fell far short of displaying Al Lowe’s wit, and sometimes the game didn’t even make sense.

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

I really like how the interface background seems to change color with different scenes based on some screenshots. Nice little touch.

Total Posts: 105

Joined 2012-08-05

PM

Whatever happened to “name that adventure game scene game” thing that we used to play around these parts? It was wicked fun (and wicked annoying, since I rarely knew the answers).

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Zobraks killed it.

Stupid spam filter. .dz,;lc,cx;lv,;lxvm;lsmdklskldsvcvx v dkldlknmklcnxvkln vklcnkldx

Total Posts: 105

Joined 2012-08-05

PM

Frown

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

temporaryscars - 06 August 2012 09:53 PM

Whatever happened to “name that adventure game scene game” thing that we used to play around these parts?

It’s still here, but no-one except you showed any interest in it recently.

Not even Skeeter.

She used to keep these guess/place threads alive & kicking, but now she must’ve gone to Europe or something.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top