• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

LadyLindaLittleRose

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Monday 15 December 2014

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Journey to the Center of the Earth (2003) developed by Frogwares, although borrows ideas & refers to characters from Jules Verne novel, tells a new tale set over a century later from the original so hence did not make it into our week special.
From what I can remember the game had quite good graphics for the time with large immersive worlds & an interesting plot. 

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

I tried to play this game two or three times and it didn’t work for me: the characters were too wooden, the plot wasn’t interesting (it didn’t compel me to try harder and see what goes next), the (first couple of) puzzles were nonintuitive (for me) and all in all I couldn’t care less for it all.

I love Jules Verne, but this is JV gone bad. For me.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

zobraks - 15 December 2014 04:51 AM

I tried to play this game two or three times and it didn’t work for me: the characters were too wooden,

I don’t think the pole is meant to be a character.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

This game was average, imo. Not bad, but not particularly good either.

I do remember the graphics to be better than what I’m seeing in that screenshot, though. And in my mind the protagonist had a different hair style.
Clearly it’s been over a decade since I played this… Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

TimovieMan - 15 December 2014 06:45 AM

I do remember the graphics to be better than what I’m seeing in that screenshot, though. And in my mind the protagonist had a different hair style.

Yes you’re right Tim, the screenshot comes from a cut-scene that doesn’t represent the better quality of the graphics in-game. The protagonist’s hairstyle does look overly severe in the shot - pudding basin comes to mind but face-on & in-game the hairstyle looks more natural!

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Zifnab - 15 December 2014 05:24 AM

I tried to play this game two or three times and it didn’t work for me: the characters were too wooden,

That pole has more mojo than both of the humans in the picture.

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

zobraks - 15 December 2014 07:28 AM
Zifnab - 15 December 2014 05:24 AM

That pole has more mojo than both of the humans in the picture.

Smile

It is a very long game zobraks, I’m not sure how far you got but from what I can remember it wasn’t until I got way past that mushroom ‘field’ that the game started to become more interesting.

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

I didn’t get far Chrissie (never made it to the giant mushrooms).
That is exactly the problem: the game (unlike most other AGs) didn’t make me want to go too far.

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

zobraks - 15 December 2014 10:31 AM

I didn’t get far Chrissie (never made it to the giant mushrooms).
That is exactly the problem: the game (unlike most other AGs) didn’t make me want to go too far.

I’ve come across quite a few games with a non-inspiring start where persistence has paid off to gradually reveal a decent game. I don’t have as much time these days as I did in e.g. 2003 so am less tolerant of having to while-away up to 2 hours to get to a point where a game starts to engage me so do understand what you are saying zobraks.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

And now I want to eat some pizza, thank you for that!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top