• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissiekanaifu

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Thursday 11 December 2014

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

NOVEL INSPIRATIONS - Week Special

Today is the 61-st birthday of Bob Bates, one of the founders of Legend Entertainment and the developer of marvelous games like Eric The Unready, Gateway  and TimeQuest.  He also contributed to The Blackstone Chronicles: An Adventure in Terror, based on John Saul’s novels. A gruesome game. All done by words, atmosphere and the occasional blood stain.

In the screenshot we enter the most cheerful room in the asylum. Cosy, isn’t it. Of course it belongs to the warden. There is a computer on his desk and you can look up the names of the patients. Bob Bates is there too.  Cool

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

There goes another valuable screenshot to stump nearly no one in adventure game scene thread.

There goes another perfect screenshot for a Globe Quiz.

There goes another perfect screenshot for a Library Quiz.

/zobraks mode off

Ahh… The Blackstone Chronicles. Community Playthrough I’ve never finished, and never took part in to begin with. Frown I don’t know why I missed that. We should really repeat some of the playthroughs.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Thoroughly enjoyed that game and that playthrough. Although I would say I am much more of a 3rd person than 1st person gamer by choice, I certainly do enjoy 1st person when it is done well like here. OK, the slideshow movement does kill the immersion a bit at first, but once you’re into it the game is strong enough to keep you hooked without noticing any little foibles.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Here’s the computer file for secret patient Bob Bates.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 5814

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

It’s been quite a few years since I played the game but I do remember being completely hooked on it & considering it a favourite at the time!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top