• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Beckyskeeter_93

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Sunday 30 November 2014

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

You’re at the exclusive Vito Brevis party in Mode (1996), a bizarre, pretentious fashion and art show with guests who want to get stoned, to get laid* and to get lucky. Cool! Dark, sinister Vito knows there is more to life than being a fashion designer. To make it the most memorable of all time, Vito announced that this party would close with his final performance. There’s only one rule: You have to wear your Dome pin at all times. But you were not invited and party crashers don’t have a Dome pin.

What Mode are you in?

You’re AFGNCAAP, no voice, no gender, no face. But you can communicate with people through the red-blue-green mood bar. If they ask you a polite question and you respond with red, they might get angry. You get the idea. Mode is an interactive FMV story with only one puzzle: the secret of the Mode Machine. But there are many other secrets to unravel. And many different endings. I liked the game a lot fifteen years ago. Not your average cookie-cutter.

The arrogant and dangerous guy in the screenshot is Riel. He’s Vito’s right hand and he could give you a Dome pin if you play it right. Or not. It is possible to see Vito’s final performance without wearing a Dome pin. 

I think you’re my enemy. That’s okay, you can judge someone by their enemies. And believe me… I’m the very best.

*I had “sex” with four different people. Kiss Two male, two female. Not in the same playthrough though. 

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

A mood bar for dialogue puzzles? Sounds original!

Is that bar split in a couple of colours that each have a specific meaning or is it more like a sliding scale between angry and happy?

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

TimovieMan - 30 November 2014 08:09 AM

A mood bar for dialogue puzzles? Sounds original!

It was original in 1996. The whole game was a novel experience. I don’t know if it would stand the test of time. 

Is that bar split in a couple of colours that each have a specific meaning or is it more like a sliding scale between angry and happy?

No specific meaning and no sliding scale. Three modes: Negative - neutral - positive. Sometimes that may mean happy or angry, depends on what the other party says.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Karlok - 30 November 2014 08:19 AM

No specific meaning and no sliding scale. Three modes: Negative - neutral - positive. Sometimes that may mean happy or angry, depends on what the other party says.

Darn, and it sounded so promising… Tongue
So it’s basically trial-and-error gameplay?

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Karlok - 30 November 2014 08:00 AM

What Mode are you in?

Grumpy Lousy mode, as usual.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

TimovieMan - 30 November 2014 08:37 AM

Darn, and it sounded so promising… Tongue
So it’s basically trial-and-error gameplay?

Yes and no. It’s a bit like In the 1st Degree where you must pry information from witnesses. Each witness needs a different approach, but it takes a lot of trial-and-error too.

zobraks - 30 November 2014 09:37 AM
Karlok - 30 November 2014 08:00 AM

What Mode are you in?

Grumpy Lousy mode, as usual.

I know. Your tongue speaks volumes.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I wish I’d had a PC in 1996 as I certainly would have given the game a shot to remind me of some of the many parties I’d been to in previous years just because of the various ‘carrying-ons’ & the need to avoid certain characters!  Smile

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Please do tell us all about those wild parties you’ve been to, Chrissie!  Gasp Cool

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Karlok - 30 November 2014 08:23 PM

Please do tell us all about those wild parties you’ve been to, Chrissie!  Gasp Cool

Unfortunately it would take several posts just to tell you Karlok - I’ll be quite honest in that I’m open-minded in what other people choose to do openly but it’s not my scene - I’m private!

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Rats!  Frown

Okay, be that way, party pooper!  Pan

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Karlok - 30 November 2014 08:44 PM

Rats!  Frown

Okay, be that way, party pooper!  Pan