• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Thursday 2 August 2012

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Don’t look at me like that, lady! ... sir ... whatever you are…

So today we have Zelenhgorm. Don’t ask me what even reminded me of its existence — I have no idea. I don’t know much about it, except that it has a weird title and cheesy FMV. I think I remember that it was supposed to be the first episode of an episodic release, but it did badly and the rest never materialized. Or maybe I’m confusing it with something else.

Anyway, does anyone remember this game? Was it any good?

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Kurufinwe - 02 August 2012 11:25 AM

Definitely male. A juggling jester, I think. Something like that.

It’s not a good game. In the first and only episode you prepare yourself for a long journey on a ship that appeared out of nowhere. The people in your town won’t have anything to do with you for some mysterious reason and you want to know more about your background. The makers didn’t have a clue what “episodic” means, and the game doesn’t get off the ground. All you do is walk around and ask questions, get killed by guards, solve a few weak puzzles and talk to your granny. 

I have one good thing to say about Zelenhgorm: the lovely Scandinavian atmosphere.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

If there’s one thing I can’t handle in games it’s FMV. God awful.

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Kurufinwe - 02 August 2012 11:25 AM

This reminds of an anti-government rally in my hometown back in 1996: walking by a building with an old woman on a balcony who welcomed the demonstrators I started shouting “Grand-ma! Grand-ma!” (in approval). The others joined in and then we came closer and found out it was a grandpa .

I felt so awkward then .

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Never played it so I check out youtube.

Can’t say it looks that great.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Kasper F. Nielsen - 02 August 2012 02:30 PM

Thanks for sharing this wonderful information with us. My life is richer for it.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Fien - 02 August 2012 04:03 PM
Kasper F. Nielsen - 02 August 2012 02:30 PM

Thanks for sharing this wonderful information with us. My life is richer for it.

You’re welcome!  Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I’ve still got the DVD I bought about a decade ago in the bargain bin at some computer shop. I thought I’d got a great deal but upon playing it realised why it was in the bargain bin.

I can’t remember much but the FMV was probably the best part of it, along with the pretty (German?) scenery.

Total Posts: 235

Joined 2004-09-18

PM

“Hey, you there!” OK, that guy really creeped me out.

I snagged a copy of this game a few years ago (along with Liath) from a seller in the UK. The premise was intriguing enough, but the first episode (out of a planned dozen or so) was way too short for any significant plot development. Some of the acting wasn’t too bad, the creepy guy was definitely over the top, but the main character was kind of wooden. For some reason, the villagers were made up to look vaguely Asian. Shifty Eyed

Diabolus ex Machina since 1993

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I knew that guy reminded me of someone. Do you think the developers watched Star Trek?

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Oscar - 03 August 2012 02:15 AM

I knew that guy reminded me of someone. Do you think the developers watched Star Trek?

Q!!! Amazing!!!!  Grin

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top