• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CharophyceanGabriel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Sunday 23 November 2014

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Curiosity

The many computer disks in Amerzone were left in various places for you to find and use. They were left there in the late thirties. Grin

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Karlok - 23 November 2014 10:43 AM

They were left there in the late thirties. Grin

In an alternate universe? Or in the plothole realm? Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

In the game universe.  Tongue

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

The plothole realm, then. Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

If you can believe in an all-purpose transportation machine and water giraffes, floppies are no real stretch of the imagination. Grin

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Lady Kestrel - 23 November 2014 01:46 PM

If you can believe in an all-purpose transportation machine and water giraffes, floppies are no real stretch of the imagination. Grin

I can believe in water giraffes and a flying boat because they are not real. I cannot believe in floppies because they are real. If only Sokal had given us a fantasy flopsy thingie!

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I don’t have anything smart to say, and I’ve never played Amerzone, so I’ll just ask: Which cover art do you like more - this, or this one?

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Hmmm… the second one.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Karlok - 23 November 2014 05:15 PM

Hmmm… the second one.

Why?

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Karlok - 23 November 2014 04:51 PM

I can believe in water giraffes and a flying boat because they are not real. I cannot believe in floppies because they are real. If only Sokal had given us a fantasy flopsy thingie!

Maybe special crystals or triangular floppies?  Did you have the same problem with penguins in the arctic in Syberia?  I always find cartoons with polar bears and penguins frolicking together a bit jarring.

I think the first cover is more mysterious, but the second one shows more of what the story is about (despite the fact that I can’t read German).

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

diego - 23 November 2014 05:33 PM

Why?

The first one is more elegant. I like the single white bird (important in the game), the scenery is nice. Too black though. I’d like to see most of the black space used. The second one has the flying boat thingie and I agree with Lady Kestrel that it looks more like the game. Too cluttered though with the enormous letters plus the white birds.

Lady Kestrel - 23 November 2014 06:28 PM

Maybe special crystals or triangular floppies?  Did you have the same problem with penguins in the arctic in Syberia?  I always find cartoons with polar bears and penguins frolicking together a bit jarring.

Triangular, off-purple crystals would be fantastic! No, the penguins didn’t bother me at all. My knowledge of the world’d flora and fauna is minimal.

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I like more the first one too. Seems more mysterious and classy. B)
The second one gives too much info and I agree that the huge golden letters heavily distract the view.

I liked Amerzone….It was the first Microids/Sokal game I played. The android version is really nice too.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I forgot the French version, which might be my favorite, because, as Karlok says, the first one is covered in too much dark (though I like the hints of white pixels in it), and this version reduces it.

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

I like the first one best. As the box says, it’s a “game of discovery” and it feels like you’re going through a dark cave discovering a secret hidden land.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top